entertainment (1 Viewer)

silent_albert

HSC
hi
im doing the entertainment course.... how r u finding it? and wat electives r u doing? were doing alot of front of house stuff which is pretty boring but its also pretty easy....

nickdavid10

HSC
Hey, I started doing the Entertainment Course this year as this is the first time our school has started running it. I decided to do both years into one. So yeah, alot work to do. But my teacher said she could pass me off for alot of the requirements coz i have previous experience in the industry. How are you finding it?

Sandy89

HSC
yeah it must be a tradition for students to get crappy vet teachers.. my exams tomooorw totallly freaking out! its not such a bad course though i dont mind it and i got to go to the big day out because of it so no complaints!

gay0chik0megz

HSC
im doin entainment and i think it rockz!!! our teachers awesome cause she has a second job in our local theatre as FOH manager so she gets us workplacement at awesome gigs like john butler trio and the veronicas concerts!! im trying to get into a uni course based on this subject cause its bout the only thing im not failing atm

peace:read:

willhowden

HSC
I'm doing Entertainment this year and our it pretty much sucks because its out of school time. we have not yet heard of any 'electives' in entertainment, so if anyone could hep me out :)
cheers
will.

becbo

HSC
there are no electives for ent.. everyone does the same thing and they do all of it.. we're up to audio visual, nearly finished the course

gay0chik0megz

HSC
becbo said:
there are no electives for ent.. everyone does the same thing and they do all of it.. we're up to audio visual, nearly finished the course
there are "electives" like extra FOH or bump in and bump out etc that make up the rest of the course- audio visual, lighting etc are the core units of the course

peace

silent_albert

HSC
hey guys!

NIDA is having an open day in june which looks awesome for anyone looking to go there in the future....

like megz said there are electives in entertainment for stuff like costume prop and set design and front of house stuff but none of them can be tested so its all the core stuff in hsc exam....

hsc.csu.edu.au now has entertainment info and some past papers with answers and markers comments- not greatly useful but if ur desperate its a start....

=)

tutor74

HSC
N/A
Make sure you understand the electives are not in the HSC exam, only the core is examinable

keirakid

HSC
Hey i do the entertainment course in wollongong and its really bad we sit around talking for ages and spend about a month on costumer relations, to me its just a branch of the HSC business studies course (which i do too). There a course at julius media college in sydney which look really good im going to do it when i have the money.

stewart

Last edited:

gay0chik0megz

HSC
yea soz guys the core units are the only thing thats gonna be in our hsc exam!!! i was just saying that there are other units in the actual course! lol we sit around doing nothing alot as well but its not exactly a hugely theory based course

peace!

Miss Breezy

HSC
gay0chik0megz said:
im trying to get into a uni course based on this subject cause its bout the only thing im not failing atm

Look into Uni Southern Qld. their theatre courses are pretty good. i'm doing Bachelor Theatre arts (stage Management / technical prod).

See Mrs O for more info - she'll help!

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
yeh we've been doing entertainment since beginning of last year & were backstage crew for a local pcyc's rock eisteddfod cos our school had a year off so were r doing backstage crew for our school this year. we do it as a cross campus course (we do it with another local school to make a big enough class n the schools take it in turn to host the class so we go to the other school & yr 11 do it at our school etc) n i agree with the tradition of getting bad vet teachers lol umm me n a few others also did a work placement at kids universe last october which was so much fun not totally based on entertainment but hey im going into childcare so i had a ball! we got to do like hairdressing n rollarblading, cooking lots of fun things! lol

what have other people done for their workplacements?

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
oh ps: when is every1's fit up's? our practise is the 24th of August and our actual 1 is the 25th of August

Last edited:

gay0chik0megz

HSC
Miss Breezy said:
Look into Uni Southern Qld. their theatre courses are pretty good. i'm doing Bachelor Theatre arts (stage Management / technical prod).

See Mrs O for more info - she'll help!
thanks bree!!!!!:)

gay0chik0megz

HSC
hey for workplacement i was ass. stage manager for hunter dance festival, stage crew for our local thearte group and stage manager for our schools m.a.d.d night-day performance...all up ive done 130 hours lol!!!! its soo much fun! i hope to get into the industry after skool... go to uni or just work??? wateva comes to me i spose lol!

leeha

HSC
haha good ole entertainment teachers..

its good to know that people are like our class

weve been doin fair bit of theory for all the audio visual stuff tho..like making slideshow presentations about them..but half the class just sits on the internet anyway hahaha

workplacement is the best
i did it at the sydney superdome....now acer arena haha
and now i have a job there which is awesome
so i see all the shows for freeeeeeeeeeeee
yay for pearl jam which is on the night of my last hsc exam

n we also do heaps of work for our schools musical but yeah they always suck..

im planning to do a uni course at charles sturt that pretty much goes with this industy, heres hoping i get in...yeeeaaahh

crazy4sp

HSC
leeha said:
haha good ole entertainment teachers..

its good to know that people are like our class

weve been doin fair bit of theory for all the audio visual stuff tho..like making slideshow presentations about them..but half the class just sits on the internet anyway hahaha

workplacement is the best
i did it at the sydney superdome....now acer arena haha
and now i have a job there which is awesome
so i see all the shows for freeeeeeeeeeeee
yay for pearl jam which is on the night of my last hsc exam

n we also do heaps of work for our schools musical but yeah they always suck..

im planning to do a uni course at charles sturt that pretty much goes with this industy, heres hoping i get in...yeeeaaahh
oh wow .. your so lucky!!
ii do entertaiinment too and were like the tech crew in our school n do the concert n stuff.
my workplacement was at parramatta riverside theatres.....and i also did sydney west dance festival...that was awesomeeee =]

becbo

HSC
we have pretty much finished everything now i think.. our workplacement was shit. im jealous of the ppl that got to work at superdome and dance festivals and stuff.. we are working on our fit ups which got pushed back one week so we're now doin it on 31st aug and 1st sep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)