entertainment (1 Viewer)

Katie :)

HSC
becbo said:
... we are working on our fit ups which got pushed back one week so we're now doin it on 31st aug and 1st sep
this will sound stupid but what are "fit ups"? I haven't heard of them so far :confused:

cheers

katie :)

leeha

HSC
haha neither..whats a fitup..?

also, anyone wanna post some questions from their trial papers up..for some study and such.. this course has like hardly any resources and places to do prac questions..

I'll post some from mine if anybodys interested..? we got it from the independent paper..fair good

:)

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
A fit up is like putting on a mini show with a bump in and bump out. Most of our class did slideshows to cover Av and put sound and lighting cues to it. We were put into 2 groups and within each group we hads a variety of roles we had to fulfil. For our presentation/show/fit up we were the director.

Other people in out group then had to be stage manager and call the cues, lighting, sound and Av opertors to do the cues once they had been called and every1 in the group helped to bump in and bump out props, sets and lighting changes (eg. changing gels or moving lights)

We also had to hand in a range of different documentation, 21 in total, but i did more but adding a few minor ones which included a lighting plan, cue synopsises etc

All in all in was a good day (takes 2 days to do, 1 day is practice and 1 day in the final show) only a few minor bumps and should have gotten out results last week but our class was cancelled when the teacher collapsed.

Basically fit up is to determine wether u are competent in all the competencies required to get the certificate in entertainment (whatever strand u do) and if u dnt pass a competency u have another chance to get it before the cutoff date which is in late september

Hope that kinda clears up wat a fit up is. I thought every1 in enetertainment did 1 but obviously not

ps: talking of stupid teachers in our last lesson in class (when i was at rock eisteddfod finals) ou teacher apprently said we all failed the communicating with customers competency in our fit up but we dnt have any customers?!?! sum of us communicated with customers at our work placement but she wasnt there n we also apprently failed using hand tools but we made flats with her...very strange teacher this 1

leeha

HSC
ohhhhhh i gotcha!

ok..well we did our competencys throughout the year..like we worked on the school musicals..which gave us a bunch o competencys..and set up sound n stuff just randomly in lessons..

we jus did random crap throughout the year that was claimed as a competency

but the fitup sounds funn

silent_albert

HSC
how much does the independant trial suck!?

our teacher got together with some other schools and wrote one of their own which they said was harder but personally i think the independant was worse.... does neone still want a copy of one other than the independant?

adn does neone else here do physics as well as entertainment and have a double exam on that day for the HSC?

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
yeh a guy in my class has both entertainment and physics on the same day and our fit up's were fun but stressful. the reason we had it was because we do cross campus (two schools combine to make 1 class and have a 3rh lesson once a week) and our class is at the other school so our teacher doesnt see how we can set up for assembly's n such cos the entertainment teacher at our school supervises us but we r getting her to sign us off on the competencies that our teachers hasn't but that we can and have done. But its so great today was our last lesson (other then a make up session that u only have to go to if u dnt get signed off on ur competencies) wohoo! i swear im so glad i never have to have my teacher ever again, she was so crap its not funni and next year the teacher from our school wants to take a combined yr 11/12 class(the schools take it in turn to host the classes each yr) so the other teacher doesnt screw up another class lmao

leeha

HSC
silent_albert said:
how much does the independant trial suck!?

our teacher got together with some other schools and wrote one of their own which they said was harder but personally i think the independant was worse.... does neone still want a copy of one other than the independant?

adn does neone else here do physics as well as entertainment and have a double exam on that day for the HSC?

i didnt find the independent too bad.. got like 90% or something ehhh

i would love a copy of that test if you have it??

i just dont know what to expect with entertainment..like sometimes i think ive got the course underwraps and then i think i know nothing..

maybe has something to do with doin not theory or anyone ever listening..yaaay and a teacher who is one lesson ahead of us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)