Entry requirements 2009 (1 Viewer)

mocktong

HSC
What do you guys think the UAI cut-offs for UNSW and USYD law will be in 2009?

The government phased out the DFEE option so would that restrict people from getting in and would that make the cut-off lower than previous years?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Yeah, they need to sustain an illusion of prestige.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
neo o said:
Yeah, they need to sustain an illusion of prestige.
Haha, thats just cos u go to ANU.
They have the best reputation for a reason...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
mocktong said:
The government phased out the DFEE option so would that restrict people from getting in and would that make the cut-off lower than previous years?
The DFEE places were in addition to the CSP places. Even with DFEE abolished, the number of CSP places are the same. (Unless the government then increases funding for CSP places)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rafy said:
The DFEE places were in addition to the CSP places. Even with DFEE abolished, the number of CSP places are the same. (Unless the government then increases funding for CSP places)
The money lost from the removal of DFEE places was reimbursed to universities. Whether that also means that the enrollment cap was lifted and universities are going to be offering more HECS places, I don't know.

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
I emailed the law admissions office and asked for UNSW - they said that there is def. more places but they are unsure as to how they'll split giving these between transferees and students.

I doubt the cut-offs will go down at all, they'll probably stay "officially " at 99.55, but let a few people below it in

ankit.t91

HSC
mrated i doubt they would "unofficially let a few ppl thru?" that simply makes no sense. On what grounds would these unofficial applications be considered?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
ankit.t91 said:
mrated i doubt they would "unofficially let a few ppl thru?" that simply makes no sense. On what grounds would these unofficial applications be considered?
err it happens all the time. They take some people under the cut-off but don't tell people, the cut offs are always inflated (it may be that they just missed out, did well in related HSC subjects or something). I know quite a few from UWS who got in with less than the cutoff and many people on BOS have reported this for other uni's as well...its not something you count on though

jessi90

HSC
yes they take people in below the uai cutoff because of bonus points. clearly this is not applicable to law so there is no such thing as letting people in unofficially (ie below 99.55). the only way this happens is maybe through eas points

jessi90

HSC
that article just confirmed what i said. alternative entry via bonus points. lol @ u

beentherdunthat

HSC
ankit.t91 said:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=182573

law cut off for usyd is 99.55, with eas 98.45

law cut off for unsw is 99.3, with eas like minimum 94 (... talking from my law friends uai's...)

EDIT: I actually dont know the answer to that q... lol connexions ? no freakin' idea

HSC
jessi90 said:
that article just confirmed what i said. alternative entry via bonus points. lol @ u
Umm yeah, that was the point.

spence

HSC
I got into my course even though i was below the cutoff and no bonus points are advertised for the course, and i know quite a few who got into UTS law below the cutoff

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
law cut off for usyd is 99.55, with eas 98.45

law cut off for unsw is 99.3, with eas like minimum 94 (... talking from my law friends uai's...)

EDIT: I actually dont know the answer to that q... lol connexions ? no freakin' idea
lyounamu said:
Yeah, EAS is awesome.
Where's an EAS thread? I must find out more...

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Just popping in to laugh at the 08s giving uni admission advice. You can most certainly get in if you are below the official cut off, even without bonus points - it's a matter purely for the uni's discretion.

Spiketwo03

HSC
hfis said:
Just popping in to laugh at the 08s giving uni admission advice. You can most certainly get in if you are below the official cut off, even without bonus points - it's a matter purely for the uni's discretion.
Hmmm really hope this is true. I got a uai of 98.65 and now want to do combined law at unsw. However i'm really pissed off at myself for not applying for EAS, i thought that i would get nowhere near the required uai and would have to just have to work my arse off in 1st year and try and transfer. Now its definately too late to apply now .... any ideas guys? Have any of you heard of others in my situation who actually got accepted with late round offer? How many students get accepted into undergraduate law at UNSW and USyd each year?

Word of advice for future students, dont be stupid like me; if you can get EAS, do it ...... better than regretting it later on :evilfire:.

lionking1191

HSC
Spiketwo03 said:
Hmmm really hope this is true. I got a uai of 98.65 and now want to do combined law at unsw. However i'm really pissed off at myself for not applying for EAS, i thought that i would get nowhere near the required uai and would have to just have to work my arse off in 1st year and try and transfer. Now its definately too late to apply now .... any ideas guys? Have any of you heard of others in my situation who actually got accepted with late round offer? How many students get accepted into undergraduate law at UNSW and USyd each year?

Word of advice for future students, dont be stupid like me; if you can get EAS, do it ...... better than regretting it later on :evilfire:.
not everyone has a long-term educational handicap, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)