enzyme experiments notes. how much should i write?? (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
ok so im writing up my notes for bio and i come to the experiments. so i was just wondering what i should be writing ??
i mean do i have to write the whole experiment ( aim equip method resuls conclusion ) or what?? plz help asap !!

madharris

HSC
N/A
It's better to write the whole experiment so when you come back to revise it you have all the information infrobr of you.

This includes aim, equipment, method, results, conclusion
You should also try to include safety procedures, reliability, validity, accuracy

They can ask you anything on any experiment so it's better to be safe than sorry

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ok so im writing up my notes for bio and i come to the experiments. so i was just wondering what i should be writing ??
i mean do i have to write the whole experiment ( aim equip method resuls conclusion ) or what?? plz help asap !!
I think the most important thing with experiments in general is to UNDERSTAND. So then you can do these questions designing expt from different equipment etc., saves time memorising ever step if you can reconstruct it logically.

What I did in my summaries is I had a very brief what we did, safety note and as I like visuals, a little graph of the results for the experiment with explanation why i.e Concentration increases enzyme activity, until a saturation point is reached where all the active sites are fully occupied.

If you have a prac test on this area, it pays to write off the notes in full and more detail but for hsc summaries, I preferred the more succinct approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)