Epic Fail in English (1 Viewer)

William kamel

HSC
I have seriously failed in English, :bomb:and I want to know, wheter I could still make it into a band four, currently my mark is around the 50's and I just want to know, what I should really do, to improve my English. Also it's not that I am lazy, which has contributed to this mark, I have absolutely put all my effort into this subject.What do you guys recommend?

shady145

Banned
HSC
find a more efficient way of studying... yea u can still get a band 4

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just learn your texts, and practice writing (Both creative and essays). That's really all there is to it in the short term.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
ask your teacher for feedback and what areas you're not doing 2 well in. then get a tutor to help you out.

uncle sometimes memorising generic essays works. it depends on whether you have a good essay to memorise and can perfect the art of chopping and changing it to fit the essay q's :) essentially the essay questions are asking the same thing, you just have to reword things differently.

shady145

Banned
HSC
ask your teacher for feedback and what areas you're not doing 2 well in. then get a tutor to help you out.

uncle sometimes memorising generic essays works. it depends on whether you have a good essay to memorise and can perfect the art of chopping and changing it to fit the essay q's :) essentially the essay questions are asking the same thing, you just have to reword things differently.
it may work but shows limited knowledge... just understand what techniques do what, why the composer has used it, the effect of it on the responder and yourself, and give an example... i originally memorised essays, by now i basically use the above process. here's an example of how well it worked for me XD. half yearly this year (common paper essay) i got 10/15 (7th in the whole year including advanced ex1 and ee2) , changed method got 12.5/15 for common paper. equal second in the year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)