ER: Thursday 8:30pm Channel 9 (2 Viewers)

7minute

HSC
Hey, are there any ER fans out there? What did you think of the first episode of the season?

Personally, I think this season looks to be better than the last one. It seems like most of the loose ends from last season have been tied up and the characters look like they're going good places.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
I think most were probably watchng Lost. Stiil when i switched atthe commercial breaks it looked like an intense emergency was in progress. I suspect its the same for every episode .

payafee

HSC
i saw a bit of it whilst waiting for Lost. it had Mekhi Phieffer (sp?). :)

Keen

MD
HSC
I love this show, although not the biggest fan of the drama (more for medical reasons - I'm a med student). The more I watch it the more it seems to be full of crap medical references, but it's still give me a prep (as it can sometimes get a bit crazy studying so hard and forgetting the dream) so it's great to see the fun of it all.
But yeah, forget Lost, this season should be good and will probably be one of my few must-see tv shows for the year.

Keen

routemarker

HSC
If ER continues to falter under strong copetition Lost offers (Lost 2.34 Million vs ER 0.971) so it might be shafted soon enough. Afterall nine can't stand not being #1

Bobcat

HSC
i taped ER, and watched Lost.

I liked the first ep, it some ways i find it a bit unbelievable how pratt's car ended up, but i guess it DOES happen in real life.

I like the new addition of Shane West as an intern too!
Im not sure if abby is gonna go back to being a nurse though,??!! I dont think doctor suits her...

7minute

HSC
Bobcat said:
I liked the first ep, it some ways i find it a bit unbelievable how pratt's car ended up, but i guess it DOES happen in real life.
I thought it was a little overdramatic too, but hey, it's ER. But after last season's helicopter-falling-off-roof thing, Pratt's car seemed almost reasonable to me. Incidentally, WTF were the writers thinking when they got rid of Romano??!!!!

Bobcat said:
I like the new addition of Shane West as an intern too!
Me too! I hope he gets screentime though, with such a big cast.

Bobcat said:
Im not sure if abby is gonna go back to being a nurse though,??!! I dont think doctor suits her...
It seemed like she was having trouble making the change from one to the other. She seemed kinda awkward having to give instructions to the nurses.

ER's always had trouble competing with other shows in the same timeslot... this year it's Lost and Law and Order: SVU. Still, it seems to pick up a little later in the season...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
7minute said:
Hey, are there any ER fans out there? What did you think of the first episode of the season?

Personally, I think this season looks to be better than the last one. It seems like most of the loose ends from last season have been tied up and the characters look like they're going good places.

It was great...

7minute

HSC
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!!

Description for episode 11.02 Damaged from nbcumv (local TV guide descriptions too short) Description is in white, inside quote box: highlight to read, please!

DEPRESSED DR. CARTER VEERS ONTO DANGEROUS PATH WHILE NEW DOC ABBY TREATS MEXICAN SEX SLAVE -- A lonely Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) struggles with his unfulfilled dreams in the wake of his girlfriend Kem's departure -- and lurches toward a dangerous temporary solution -- while new doctor Abby (Maura Tierney) faces resentful nurses and tends to a tearful and injured young woman kidnapped from Mexico and forced into sexual slavery. Elsewhere, Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) makes an honest confession to a fleeing Sam (Linda Cardellini) while Neela (Parminder Nagra) must face the music when her domineering, old-school Indian parents arrive in a huff after she abandoned her Michigan medical assignment. In the meantime, Carter treats an Iraqi war veteran who was disfigured in combat, Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) suggests to new intern Ray (new series regular Shane West) that he tone down his alternative-punk look in deference to frightened patients -- and two ER staffers recover from their injuries. Alex Kingston also stars.

Last edited:

7minute

HSC
News Flash

NEWS FLASH: Tonight's showing of ER on Channel 9 is a DOUBLE EPISODE. As well as 11.02 Damaged , they will be showing 11.03 Try Carter . Description from nbcumv follows: (again, in quote box, highlight to read)

It's a busy 4th of July weekend and Carter (Noah Wyle) tries to run an understaffed hospital, which is flooded with patients. A biker with HIV is left brain dead from a robbery and his girlfriend wants to donate his organs to a fellow friend, who is also infected with HIV. Carter persuades Corday (Alex Kingston) to perform the organ transplant after several surgeons refused to perform the operation. Meanwhile, Ray (Shane West) is upset with Abby (Maura Tierney) for going above him and ordering a drug test on his patient, a bicycle messenger. Abby later asks Carter out for dinner and drinks in hopes of talking to him about his past problems. Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) is back early from his recent craniotomy and is not operating at his best capacity. Carter notices his insensitivity to a stabbing victim as well as the fact that he is still suffering from headaches and sends him home. Corday confronts Weaver (Laura Innes) on her latest surgeon choice and the fact that she was not involved in the decision-making process. Lastly, Neela (Parminder Nagra) looks for employment outside of the medical field and has a hard time finding a decent job.

7minute

HSC
Double Episodes

All of a sudden, Nine is showing double episodes of ER. Is this because they have nothing else to show, or are they trying to get through the new ER season more quickly? Last year they had a two week break. This year they've got two doubles: tonight and next week.

Incidentally, next week's episodes will be 11.04 Fear and 11.05 An Intern's Guide To The Galaxy . I'll post descriptions later.

Bobcat

HSC
i dont like the double eps, it means the season will be over even quicker :(

liked last nights eps aswell, hehe at the nurse shark.

7minute

HSC
Descriptions for next week's double episode

Descriptions of next week's ER episodes. Same deal as in previous posts.

11.04 Fear
Two small children are rushed to the ER after falling from a third story window. The attending staff believes an abusive father is at fault for the tragedy but not all is as it seems initially. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) treats a man who believes he has an unsightly rash which turns out to be lung cancer. Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) is disciplined by the hospital for performing an HIV+ organ transplant; instead of dismissing her, they offer her a non-tenure track position. Sam (Linda Cardellini) contemplates moving in with Kovac (Goran Visnjic). Neela (Parminder Nagra) decides to leave her job at the mini-mart after Lewis (Sherry Stringfield), the new Chief of Emergency Medicine, offers her a job at the hospital.
11.05 An Intern's Guide To The Galaxy
Neela (Parminder Nagra) returns to the ER after working at the Convenient Store near the hospital. On Neela's first day, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) expects the interns, Abby (Maura Tierney), Ray (Shane West) and Neela to take on a large patient load during their shifts at the hospital. Pratt turns processing the patients into a competition, in which Ray is clearly going to be the winner. In the rush to process the patients and stay in the lead, however, Ray makes a big mistake donating a patient's organs against the family's wishes. Ray helps Abby obtain HIV medication from the pharmacy against hospital policy for a patient that had unprotected sex. Carter (Noah Wyle) asks Wendall (Madchen Amick) to walk out with him in a coy pursuit.

routemarker

HSC
7minute said:
All of a sudden, Nine is showing double episodes of ER. Is this because they have nothing else to show, or are they trying to get through the new ER season more quickly? Last year they had a two week break. This year they've got two doubles: tonight and next week.

Incidentally, next week's episodes will be 11.04 Fear and 11.05 An Intern's Guide To The Galaxy . I'll post descriptions later.
they are showing double eps to make sure they dont lose as badly as tehy did last week where ER was watched by less than 1 million people in the top 5 markets. This one time high rater is now being drowned by the strong competition on the other networks.

7minute

HSC
routemarker said:
they are showing double eps to make sure they dont lose as badly as tehy did last week where ER was watched by less than 1 million people in the top 5 markets. This one time high rater is now being drowned by the strong competition on the other networks.
Ouch. Well, as long as Nine keep showing it, I don't mind what time it's on, or if they do triple episodes (although that would be a very bad look for the network). I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)