ER: Thursday 8:30pm Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

7minute

HSC
melimoo said:
Noah Wyle is so mighty fine...he makes the show for me
He and Sherry Stringfield (Susan Lewis) are the only members of the original cast left, and NW is the only one to have stayed on the show for all eleven seasons. (SS left ER for a time and then returned.)

7minute

HSC
Just a reminder to all ER fans that this week's double episode will be showing on Channel 9 tomorrow night from 8:30pm to 10:30pm. For episode descriptions, see my post dated 11th February 2005 at 03:14pm.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i've been watching this show since it began when i was a wee little girl and i want to know why they have to keep ripping apart the couples. doug and carol.......green and elizabeth.......carter and abbey !! ok, so i know doug and carol finally got together and the end but still. carter and abbey were so good together until he became a two-timing bastard. but whatever....it's just a show.....i need to calm myself down !

7minute

HSC
So true, so true... I think Weaver should hire an permanent ER Relationships Counsellor. (She could find the money by firing Morris!)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
lol ! and you've just reminded me of another one...........weaver and that firefighter woman. i dunno, maybe luca and sam will have better luck, but i don't really like them anyway

Bobcat

HSC
U forgot luca and abbey!! I thought they were gonna be together for sure!

ive watched it since i was a little child aswell, doug and carrol *oh* the memories.

7minute

HSC
Last night's double episode sure had some good moments:

Corday's exit. Well, the fact that there was an exit wasn't good, but the character was allowed to leave with some dignity intact (see Romano's exit).

Susan asking Kerry for the ER Chief job and Kerry handing her half a dozen things to do, and Susan's face says "I guess I'm starting now."

Abby and her dead pot plant at the beginning of the second episode.

Carter yelling at Ray because he screwed up. (Admittedly, this is a good moment for me because I can't stand the Ray character.)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i didn't want elizabeth to go, and i didn't think they did it very well considering she's been on the show for years. i read in an interview that she was fired because "41 is too old".......she came across as pretty pissed off but then again i would be too if that was the reason. but anyway, i just think they should have given her 'leaving' a bit more airtime......it was too neatly done.

Bobcat

HSC
You could see her leaving coming though, at least it wasnt a big shock, but ill miss her. But does that mean they get another surgeon :O

Its good to see Ray get put in his place, he was wayyy to cocky

Do u'se rekon anythings gonna happen with Carter and that new psych/social services whatever chick??

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i know how obvious was that !! since all social workers they've ever had in the whole series of the show has about 3 lines i so knew that this one would be hanging around for a while............plus she's really pretty which was another dead giveaway she'd be in the next few episodes.

but i don't know if they'll get another surgeon soon because that new one that elizabeth didn't want looks like he'll hanging around for a while too. i didn't get his whole 'atoms and oxygen diagram' thing....what did that have to do with anything ? he'll probably end up having some kind of quirk or neurosis or something.

7minute

HSC
babez_hamp said:
i know how obvious was that !! since all social workers they've ever had in the whole series of the show has about 3 lines i so knew that this one would be hanging around for a while............plus she's really pretty which was another dead giveaway she'd be in the next few episodes.
The fact that Carter kept gazing at her is also a pretty heavy hint. And the "If you wait... I'll walk out with you," line. I think it's a bit soon though... Carter's only just broken up with Kem.

babez_hamp said:
but i don't know if they'll get another surgeon soon because that new one that elizabeth didn't want looks like he'll hanging around for a while too. i didn't get his whole 'atoms and oxygen diagram' thing....what did that have to do with anything ? he'll probably end up having some kind of quirk or neurosis or something.
I think he's interesting (read different). His character has traces of Romano about it. And he seems to be very taken with Abby... although she's more interested in getting through her shift. By the way, what happened to that British surgeon Dr Lawson?! Where the heck did he go?

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i have no idea ! sometimes they bring in characters and it seems like at the last minute they decide that they don't want them in the show anymore so they just write them off very sneakily. speaking of sneaky, channel 9 is hyping up this '2 back-to-back episodes of er' like it's really great - which it is - but that means the season will end sooner and we'll have to wait even longer until the next one.

HSC
I love Dr Kovach. Stupid Sam for having to think about moving in with him! She's gonna miss her chance!

And how could Carter move on so quickly from Kem? I mean, he lost a baby, lost his girlfriend and now he's eyeing off the new social worker? Silly boy.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
yeh but i'm not suprised.......look how quickly he moved on from abbey ! and he didn't even tell her he was breaking up with her before he started up with kem. but that was so sad when his baby died.....

7minute

HSC
I think part of the reason why Carter has a new romance every season is that he's a leading cast member and has to be featured prominently. But since he has a new girlfriend in almost every season, it's almost like the writers have handed the character a big neon sign that says, "I'm No Good At Relationships! But It Shouldn't Bother You!"

In less than two seasons, Carter has broken up with Abby, had a child with Kem, broken up with Kem, and now he's eyeing the new social worker. And of course he's been to Africa, but it seemed like that was a good way to get him to break up with Abby and take up with Kem. I don't think the experience changed him professionally, whereas the experience was obvious on Luka (he doesn't like unnecessary tests etc.)

I'm surprised more wasn't made of his promotion last season from Chief Resident to Attending. We only found out in episode 10.17 The Student when he was with Kerry and the other Attendings discussing the med students for the Match.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i kinda feel like carter is drifting around a lot, especially in this season although it hasn't been going for that long. i think the writers are finding less places for his character to go privately/professionally and i wonder if he's on the way out ? i feel sorry for him cause he's so sad all the time............not like he used to be.

7minute

HSC
babez_hamp said:
i kinda feel like carter is drifting around a lot, especially in this season although it hasn't been going for that long. i think the writers are finding less places for his character to go privately/professionally and i wonder if he's on the way out ? i feel sorry for him cause he's so sad all the time............not like he used to be.
In the past, the writers were able to work with Carter's progress up the medical hierachy (intern, resident, attending). There are now only two jobs above him and both (ER Chief and Chief of Staff) are filled. So he now "looks after" the ER along with Susan and Luka (Kerry's too busy doing CoS stuff and the writers never show Jing-Mei Chen). I think it's becoming clearer now coz he's doing a lot of what I like to call "smackdown" work on the interns -pointing out their mistakes and stopping them from cutting corners (see Ray in previous episode).

It's not always clear whether NW signs/doesn't sign a contract for another season. Last year there were rumours that he was leaving after season 10, but he's fully contracted for season 11 and is supposed to do some directing too. Nothing on whether he'll be around for season 12 though (if there is one).

(Incidentally, part of the reason we hardly ever see Kerry Weaver on the show is because Laura Innes is scheduled to appear in something like 11-13 episodes and do a lot more directing. The last one she did was 10.12 NICU.)

madster

HSC
i love ER!!!!!!!!!!!! i have watched it since like forever!!! and i was home school for a while when they were screening the old school episodes on tv so i watched all those too. and i love it, my dad went through med school watching it and its the best medical reference show on tv, better then crappy all saints. anyway my brother watches lost and i was like hell no not over er. i am loving the new season and i hope its not over too quickly. no one else i know watches it ! its so bad!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
7minute said:
In the past, the writers were able to work with Carter's progress up the medical hierachy (intern, resident, attending). There are now only two jobs above him and both (ER Chief and Chief of Staff) are filled. So he now "looks after" the ER along with Susan and Luka (Kerry's too busy doing CoS stuff and the writers never show Jing-Mei Chen). I think it's becoming clearer now coz he's doing a lot of what I like to call "smackdown" work on the interns -pointing out their mistakes and stopping them from cutting corners (see Ray in previous episode).

It's not always clear whether NW signs/doesn't sign a contract for another season. Last year there were rumours that he was leaving after season 10, but he's fully contracted for season 11 and is supposed to do some directing too. Nothing on whether he'll be around for season 12 though (if there is one).

(Incidentally, part of the reason we hardly ever see Kerry Weaver on the show is because Laura Innes is scheduled to appear in something like 11-13 episodes and do a lot more directing. The last one she did was 10.12 NICU.)
yeh, i was wondering why kerry is hardly on the show anymore.........there used to be great tension between her and the senior doctors and i think they should've kept that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)