• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
I don't think they give a shit about academics really - as long as you can get into an accounting course at UTS/Macq/UNSW/UWS. They want you to work - Its more your personality and skills that will get you through. I reckon that's where most of the nerds (like me) will loose out...

:D

You'll be alright....:D

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
we will see aye...we will see...i would be stoked if i got an offer though...lol

roadcone

HSC
ishq said:
By shortlisted, I mean there are 12 candidates for Financial Services in AABS. Of these,3 or 4 will be taken by E&Y.
My assessment day is tomorrow :D
I'm curry - does that narrow it down? Not tall (Though everyone knows I try to be)... I was really just hanging out in the far left corner drinking loads of orange juice :) - wearing black trousers...
Was freak boy :) in uniform? Which school? Which colours? :D

On a remarkably different note, I just returned from a one-on-one interview at PKF. It was.....weird... roadcone - how long did your interview go for? This one seemed to stretch for almost an hour...

Anyone off to the PwC Information Night in a couple of hours? :D
haha omg freaky!! i had an interview at PKF this afternoon also, i thought it was really good tho, nice and relaxed..

my PKF interview went probably for about 30-35 minutes.. my KPMG went for just under an hour i think

theone123

blue essence
HSC
lol, what happens if u get an offer but dont get into the commerce degree? :S :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
roadcone said:
haha omg freaky!! i had an interview at PKF this afternoon also, i thought it was really good tho, nice and relaxed..

my PKF interview went probably for about 30-35 minutes.. my KPMG went for just under an hour i think
This afternoon? Were you the girl in uniform sitting behind me?
Did you like their offices? I thought they were a bit ... weird...
My PKF went on for quite a bit - I had a nice interviewer I think.

PwC tonight was pretty good - more large scale than EY. Heaps more people, bigger room and lots of parents. They showed a pretty smooth presentation about themselves - nice :)

EY tomo!!!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
so what did you find more impressive and applealing? Ernst & Young or PwC?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Impressive: PwC
Appealing: EY

Does that even make sense?

roadcone

HSC
ishq said:
This afternoon? Were you the girl in uniform sitting behind me?
Did you like their offices? I thought they were a bit ... weird...
My PKF went on for quite a bit - I had a nice interviewer I think.
haha yeah i was in my uniform.. my interview was at 3pm... i think that was most probably me

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
you think it would be a whole lot harder to get into PwC?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
PwC is number one in australia

their training programs are second to none :)

I know for a fact KPMG doesnt compare at all

dont know about EY tho...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Meads said:
you think it would be a whole lot harder to get into PwC?
PwC makes more offers... comparatively it is easier to get into (when I applied this held true anyway)

And honestly, when you start off you try to compare the three but there is no comparison. They are all one of the top... if not in Australia then in some other country. As far as training is concerned, they all provide excellent training. The main consideration is left then to the type of work being offered (what interests you more) and the culture/environment you felt most comfortable in.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I know a lot of people at my uni that have grad jobs and were vaccies (summer interns) at all the big4 - from their experiences, generally EY and PwC are the better firms in an overall sense. I've heard that KPMG is a bit behind the times in technology and clients, and Deloitte is way small (and it doesnt matter as they don't offer a cadet program..right?)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Minai said:
I know a lot of people at my uni that have grad jobs and were vaccies (summer interns) at all the big4 - from their experiences, generally EY and PwC are the better firms in an overall sense. I've heard that KPMG is a bit behind the times in technology and clients, and Deloitte is way small (and it doesnt matter as they don't offer a cadet program..right?)
Yeah you're right they don't...

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
interesting stuff...but for some reason i dont think i will be given the luxury to choose WHICH traineeship i want...getting offered one would be nice :p

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Minai said:
so good for KPMG as ranked 2nd really :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)