• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
holla back girl said:
yep.. iam sure it is on a tue. maybe there are more than one session.
but yeh..whats corporate tax? it wasn't on the application form, there was just audit, assurance and tax
sorry you were right...after conquest people are selected for another interview, i just checked it out then...now i applied for tax + legal, so either i missed my first preference and have been selected for Assurance instead, or you missed your first preference, or they have two different nights...which does seem unlikely...and sorry i stipulated corporate consulting as my prefered area, not corporate tax (that was at EY)

tronneth

HSC
Hey all, Hey Meads,

I got an invite to PwC also and the lady said this Thursday to me aswell, so i don't know whats going on :p...but that is when i am going in.

Should be interesting.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
tronneth said:
Hey all, Hey Meads,

I got an invite to PwC also and the lady said this Thursday to me aswell, so i don't know whats going on :p...but that is when i am going in.

Should be interesting.
tronneth, you just lost you BOS virginity! What a moment...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hey people!
Im in for PwC Information Night this thursday!
I spoke to the guy during maths yesterday (got in trouble like many of you :) ) - and he said that they had a couple of conquest days with 20 people on each day. So - I'm guessing they have narrowed it down to about ~150 people. Conquest days start next week and go on till July 6th according to him. Its a lot of people :) They got 800 applications last year - so its pretty large scale.

I had BDO today - first round group assessment.... :D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
ishq said:
Hey people!
Im in for PwC Information Night this thursday!
I spoke to the guy during maths yesterday (got in trouble like many of you :) ) - and he said that they had a couple of conquest days with 20 people on each day. So - I'm guessing they have narrowed it down to about ~150 people. Conquest days start next week and go on till July 6th according to him. Its a lot of people :) They got 800 applications last year - so its pretty large scale.

I had BDO today - first round group assessment.... :D
how was teh BDO interview?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck for your interviews guys!
I know exactly how you feel, grads get the same interview and selection process as you guys.

Meads was right before about EY, the interview is just one final stage - the assessment centre, its a whole day (9-4) consisting of an interview with a senior manager, a written exercise (similar to what InfiniteQ described), a group activity and an interview with a partner.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Minai said:
Good luck for your interviews guys!
I know exactly how you feel, grads get the same interview and selection process as you guys.

Meads was right before about EY, the interview is just one final stage - the assessment centre, its a whole day (9-4) consisting of an interview with a senior manager, a written exercise (similar to what InfiniteQ described), a group activity and an interview with a partner.
hey minai, if you don't manage to graduate this semester, does that mean you cant start working next semester?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
theone123 said:
hey minai, if you don't manage to graduate this semester, does that mean you cant start working next semester?
I'm sure he can... there are a few people at work who haven't graduated yet either. You just do the rest of your subjects part time.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
well tomorrow is the EY info night, so I am the really tall, bulky freak guy that towers over the rest...so if your game come say hello, or at least wink...it will make my night...

HSC
N/A
baby_blue_eys...we have the same info day and conquest day.
for a sec i was lost about the dates since some people have it on thu. so yeh, what other ones did u apply for? well, i guess i'll see you there on tue!

ishq

brown?
HSC
The BDO interview was fun! It was a group assessment - 3 activities. One of the activities was to build a tower/building out of straws! Hilariously fun! Our group built the tallest freestanding! (Also the prettiest). I was pretty scared beforehand, but the atmosphere was really friendly and the staff were pretty accomodating - not to mention the fact that the view out of their offices is gorgeous! They are going to cut down to about ~20 for the next round.
To the guy with the KPMG interview - how many times did you try their number before you got in? I got through today after about a million tries (slight exaggeration - maybe three). My time is 1.30pm Monday :D:D Im so nervous!!!

See all the E&Y people tonight! Meads - want to wear a "I'm a BoSer" sign? :D:D I will if you will!

HSC
N/A
i got a rejection from ey!
must be so bloody competitive, i actually thought that i had a chance, i did heaps of extra curr., i am doing heaps well in school, i have done community service and what else do they want???

HSC
N/A
not to mention my employment history, i did some work at accounting firms as well. sorry but i am a complainer! =p

roadcone

HSC
ishq said:
To the guy with the KPMG interview - how many times did you try their number before you got in? I got through today after about a million tries (slight exaggeration - maybe three). My time is 1.30pm Monday :D:D Im so nervous!!!

See all the E&Y people tonight! Meads - want to wear a "I'm a BoSer" sign? :D:D I will if you will!
i'm a girl, but i will live.. anywho they rang me to organise an interview, then the sms came through.. i had mine this morning, it was ok i guess, the normal behavioural type questions, kind of difficult to think of examples for some of the situations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)