Escaping UWS? (1 Viewer)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
I will or did you miss that in my post? E.g. With the economics subject, and next term with the law subjects.p
Economics and law subjects are not objectively marked moron.

UWS subjects have harder assessments? Yeah sure:

http://library.uws.edu.au/FILES/exams/spring2004/200196%20(Final).pdf

(3 hours writing time, far easier questions which require little to no thought)

http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/exams/exam06/068026A.pdf

(1.5 hours writing time)

Enough said.

Now, what exactly was contrary to my suggestion that backed up your conclusion that you don't need any competition to do well marks wise?
The fact that marks are standardised - do you know what that means? You don't need great raw marks to obtain a high score if you're competing against a weak group (eg. a UWS cohort)

You ramble on about how everyone is making arguments with no evidence and yet you go and claim that I made it into uni even though I've apparently failed at life - you don't even know me. Drawing a conclusion about how successful a person is in life based on one or two posts on an internet forum? That's the kind of ignorance I'd expect from a UWS student...oh wait you are from UWS, so what more could I have expected.

Notice how you've been responding to numerous people who have pointed out the blatantly obvious - that it's not hard to do well, marks wise, at UWS? It just goes to show that you've got the time to do such things because you don't even need to study at all for your exams, after all the 'drop kicks' at UWS will do so badly on their exams that after standardisation you'll end up with a high mark anyway. But unlike you, I don't have the same drop kicks to bolster my mark so I need to get back to work.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
The opportunity cost is the cost of the extra time spent travelling to Usyd that would be relevant to 47.46.45 and I. It would not apply to everyone.
You said there was $50k opportunity cost?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Anonymou5 said:
Economics and law subjects are not objectively marked moron.
Oh yes, because the multiple choice quizzes we did for Economics are so open to interpretation. I assume you are a moron as from your understanding of the word and your utter lack of initiative to understand something so straight forward.

Anonymou5 said:
The fact that marks are standardised - do you know what that means? You don't need great raw marks to obtain a high score if you're competing against a weak group (eg. a UWS cohort)
But UWS is not a weak group. As I stated early, any suggestion of UWS being a weak group based on UAI performance in highschool is utterly stupid. As I said, I have come accross people who I beat UAI wise by a upto 20 points who have beaten me in assessments. Similarly, I have met people who I beat substantially UAI wise who are much more competitive than me and their university marks have no correlation with how they went in high school. Namely, they did bad there and are going good now. The inverse of that is also evident.
So please, tell me why UWS is such a weak cohort?

Anonymou5 said:
Notice how you've been responding to numerous people who have pointed out the blatantly obvious - that it's not hard to do well, marks wise, at UWS? It just goes to show that you've got the time to do such things because you don't even need to study at all for your exams, after all the 'drop kicks' at UWS will do so badly on their exams that after standardisation you'll end up with a high mark anyway. But unlike you, I don't have the same drop kicks to bolster my mark so I need to get back to work.
The fact that I have a month 'till my exams could have something to do with why I'm not in a full study mode, but lets all be as closed minded as you shall we? No need to make excuses though, I just assumed you were shit at uni and that being your major barrier to needing to put it countless hours of study and attack UWS students as if you have something to gain from it. However, no matter what you times your self worth with, you will always be equal to zero.

Last edited:

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
Rorix said:
It never ceases to amaze me that people can't admit that ceteris paribus, you should attend the university with the better reputation.
All other things being equal is one hell of an assumption to make, regardless of what you're arguing :p

ari89 said:
So please, tell me why UWS is such a weak cohort?
I'd like to hear this too. I have the UAI that I could be doing Law at USYD, I just don't have the money to pay transport / living / tuition costs. I'm not saying that all the USyd students have rich parents to pay their bills or anything, but if you really think you're better than someone else because you go to a different university, you're probably the kind of prick who was given a house next door for your 18th and who has daddikins paying the tuition fees.

Just ftr a lot of my friends go to USyd. They live closer, they can afford it, good for them. They're not stupid enough (or arrogant enough) to think it makes them smarter than anyone else.

Last edited:

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Do multiple choice quizzes form the majority of your assessment? No? What next? You received full marks for an assignment worth 5% of your total assesment so you conclude that your final mark for the subject will necessarily be the same? Moron.

Similarly, I have met people who I beat substantially UAI wise who are much more competitive than me and their university marks have no correlation with how they went in high school.
The fact that you have no aptitude for law has no bearing on the UWS cohort being weak.

needing to put it countless hours of study and attack UWS students
I wouldn't have the time to 'attack' UWS students, as you put it, if I needed to spend countless hours studying. Don't contradict yourself, it just makes your lack of aptitude for law more apparent.

just assumed you were shit at uni
Haha, you telling me about how bad I'm at uni? Come back when you top a bunch of subjects at a competitive uni as I have. You have absolutely nothing to show if anyone acuses you of being crap at uni. Don't worry, when results are released I'll be sure to bring this topic back up one way or another and then we'll see if you can really back up your implied claim that you're good at uni and I'm not. So next time before you make a stupid claim about someone else's ability, make sure that you'll be able to back it up.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Anonymou5 said:
Do multiple choice quizzes form the majority of your assessment? No? What next? You received full marks for an assignment worth 5% of your total assesment so you conclude that your final mark for the subject will necessarily be the same? Moron.
Actually I received full marks for 2 assessments worth 5%:)
And the only thing left for me to do is the final exams and you can take my word that I have done extremely well this semester. In fact, I'm proud of myself and someone as shit as you can't change that.

Anonymou5 said:
The fact that you have no aptitude for law has no bearing on the UWS cohort being weak.
No aptitude for law? You must so know me so well. I said people beat me, but I guess only someone like you would imply that I got a bad mark because I'm sad to say, that is by no means true. I love the law subject and I do well at it.:)

Anonymou5 said:
Haha, you telling me about how bad I'm at uni? Come back when you top a bunch of subjects at a competitive uni as I have. You have absolutely nothing to show if anyone acuses you of being crap at uni. Don't worry, when results are released I'll be sure to bring this topic back up one way or another and then we'll see if you can really back up your implied claim that you're good at uni and I'm not. So next time before you make a stupid claim about someone else's ability, make sure that you'll be able to back it up.
Hahaha...ahahhahaha...hahahhahhahaahahahaah....I thought you were studying? Don't lose your competitive edge now. What you said makes no sense either structurally or grammatically. I'm doing great at uni but I assumed that if you could make such assumptions about peoples ability, I should be able to also.

Now please, stop avoiding the questions with your constant bitching and tell me why UWS isn't competitve.

P.s. Feel free to bring the topic back up when marks marks come out. However, your bullshit holds no substance as is evident in your flawed arguments but feel free to boast about non-existant ranks in a 'competitive university'.

is a roflcopter
HSC
47.46.45 said:
I have the UAI that I could be doing Law at USYD.
where do you live?
for your sake i hope you live in bathurst or dubbo or something
otherwise you made a pretty poor decision in choosing UWS over USYD

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
No aptitude for law? You must so know me so well.
Yes you don't have any aptitude for law. This is obvious from the fact that you couldn't even read what I said porperly. I was referring to your flawed logic that you can infer your final mark from assessments which form a very small proportion of your grade. I mean "Actually I received full marks for 2 assessments worth 5%" wtf? The use of 'actually' isn't even appropriate here as it doesn't contradict what I said. Oh and I know you just as well you know me.

Now please, stop avoiding the questions with your constant bitching and tell me why UWS isn't competitve.
Have you read any posts in this thread or other releated threads? Need I point out the obvious? Your marks are stardardised and many of the people in your cohort are unmotivated and lazy, so you can easily obtain high marks at UWS. The fact that you get beaten by those people (as you pointed out before) already illustrates your complete lack of aptitude for law.

P.s. Feel free to bring the topic back up when marks marks come out. However, your bullshit holds no substance as is evident in your flawed arguments but feel free to boast about non-existant ranks in a 'competitive university'.
Don't worry, I will bring this topic back up. I'll even PM you the day before your results are released so that you can get ready to post your crap (final) marks up. The reason I'm not specific about subjects I top is because I receive recognised awards which make me easily identifiable, something an underachieving dimwit such as yourself wouldn't (and never will) be able to relate to.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
shutup you first year noobs and stop showing off your foundations of law marks
or BASHED@LAWLIBRARY LOLZ

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Anonymou5 said:
Yes you don't have any aptitude for law. This is obvious from the fact that you couldn't even read what I said porperly. I was referring to your flawed logic that you can infer your final mark from assessments which form a very small proportion of your grade. I mean "Actually I received full marks for 2 assessments worth 5%" wtf? The use of 'actually' isn't even appropriate here as it doesn't contradict what I said. Oh and I know you just as well you know me.
Hahaha...it was a joke hence the smilie. It appears that you don't possess the appropriate interpretative skills to even communicate which I personaly find quite hilarious yet equally sad. And contrary to your simple minded logic, actually was correctly used. I stated in such an obviously facetious manner that it was two 5% assessments not one that I achieved full marks in but such fundamental rules of communication were missed by a person of such low intellectual caliber.

Anonymou5 said:
Hvae you read any posts in this thread or other releated threads? Need I point out the obvious? Your marks are stardardised and many of the people in your cohort are unmotivated and lazy, so you can easily obtain high marks at UWS. The fact that you get beaten by those people (as you pointed out before) already illustrates your complete lack of aptitude for law.
Looks like a group of more empty assumptions. Prove that the cohort is lazy and unmotivated? I've repeatedly beckoned that question yet you continuously fail to answer.

Anonymou5 said:
Don't worry, I will bring this topic back up. I'll even PM you the day before your results are released so that you can get ready to post your crap marks up. The reason I'm not specific about subjects I top is because I receive recognised awards which make me easily identifiable, something an underachieving dimwit such as yourself wouldn't be able to relate to.
Your attempt at associating intellectual prestiege with yourself humours me. But thank you for the courtesy of the PM. I'll respond appropriately ridiculing your attempt to hurt me. As I said earlier, someone as shit as yourself could never bring me down. My intellectual track record throughout my life has actually been well recognised so I'm well acquainted with the glory of such achievements. I fail to see why you call me mornic and dimwitted. I believe they have a name for the psychological condition whereby afflicted persons associate their own flaws as inherent characteristics of a psychologically health being.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
shutup you first year noobs and stop showing off your foundations of law marks
or BASHED@LAWLIBRARY LOLZ
Hahaha...I was never about showing off marks. The person i don't believe to be a law student has been pushing that point. I was always about the facts with the aim of people putting forward an argument fee from artificially concocted generalisations.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
There is no absolute interpretation behind the intent of a comment made on an internet forum. Need I remind you that there is no face to face contact? It's very convenient for you to say that something's a joke when you have the benefit of hindsight isn't it?

The very fact that you ask for a 'proof' that UWS students, on the whole, are less motivated than those from many other unis shows that you have little understanding of the real world. There are various factors which affect individual performance in tests (whether it be the HSC or extracurricular achievements) which are indicative of motivation so there is no proof as such. There are many specific exmaples which counter the argument for either side of the debate that UWS student's are less motivated. However, the one thing which has remained consistently true over the years is that UWS has much lower requirements for entry to their courses. That is, less motivated people can, and do, gain entry into UWS courses. The same can't be said for a lot of the other unis.

You have very little awareness of the nature of UWS in comparison to other unis. Have you ever wondered why there aren't any consistent generalisations that USYD, UNSW etc. students are lazy and unmotivated? Yet such generalisations are consistently presented about UWS.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
47.46.45 said:
I'd like to hear this too. I have the UAI that I could be doing Law at USYD, I just don't have the money to pay transport / living / tuition costs. I'm not saying that all the USyd students have rich parents to pay their bills or anything, but if you really think you're better than someone else because you go to a different university, you're probably the kind of prick who was given a house next door for your 18th and who has daddikins paying the tuition fees.

Just ftr a lot of my friends go to USyd. They live closer, they can afford it, good for them. They're not stupid enough (or arrogant enough) to think it makes them smarter than anyone else.
I had the UAI to get into most uni's for law as a fee-paying student and hecs course such as commerce at usyd but I really wanted to do law and didn't want to spend so much money. (I would have done medicine if I actually did umat:p) I made the choice for UWS because it allowed me to study the discipline I really wanted to do as opposed to dry commerce etc without ending up 120k in debt.

Next semester, assuming all goes well I would most probably have the marks to transfer to CSP law at Macquarie and UTS law. If I do make the choice to transfer I'll be able to give a complete overview of the comparison between instutions as I would have experienced it.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Anonymou5 said:
The very fact that you ask for a 'proof' that UWS students, on the whole, are less motivated than those from many other unis shows that you have little understanding of the real world. There are various factors which affect individual performance in tests (whether it be the HSC or extracurricular achievements) which are indicative of motivation so there is no proof as such. There are many specific exmaples which counter the argument for either side of the debate that UWS student's are less motivated. However, the one thing which has remained consistently true over the years is that UWS has much lower requirements for entry to their courses. That is, less motivated people can, and do, gain entry into UWS courses. The same can't be said for a lot of the other unis.
Achieving a UAI in the 90's does not equate less motivated. By that logic essentially everyone who isn't doing law or medicine at USYD/UNSW isn't motivated, no matter what university they go to.

Anonymou5 said:
You have very little awareness of the nature of UWS in comparison to other unis. Have you ever wondered why there aren't any consistent generalisations that USYD, UNSW etc. students are lazy and unmotivated? Yet such generalisations are consistently presented about UWS.
But are those assumptions genuine or is just university legend about the UWS student. To call people who worked to get into law at UWS unmotivated is clearly has no firm basis. If they weren't motivated to get that mark who was? The 20 or so people who got the 100UAI? Or does the cut off at USYD law determine the people who were motivated?

The top UWS law students might be equal to the top USYD law students, but I will not push the point as far as to say the bottom UWS students are just as motivated as the USYD law students or even that the middle students are equally as motivated as the average USYD law student. But the generalisation that UWS students aren't motivated is just silly. If they weren't they wouldn't have taken the initiative to study that little bit they did to get a UAI, or even bothered applying with UAC.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Since when does a glorified-Humanities degree require any prior learning?
I'm sure a year 10 student could fit in perfectly well into a law course.

which you obviously didn't do well in.
The subjects I've topped don't rely on internet typing skills. Perhaps if you didn't spend hours making sure that every single word you typed was correct, you'd actually start getting decent marks. You're the type of sad cunt that spends all day on BOS because you're a failure at life and you don't have anything going for you. How's that arts degree going?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
I experienced a lot of the same thing at UWS. I decided to transfer because I had the chance (i.e. high enough marks and UAI), was travelling between two campuses and if I chose the exact units I wanted four, was dissapointed at the resources and teaching quality and the apathy of many of the other students, I was sick of a class of law students where no one wanted to talk.
if the above few commentators have had enough of 'my e-penis is bigger', i think melsc's opinion has been most constructive in this thread; certainly, these are reasons which would influence me to not enter or to transfer from UWS.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
um this is a serious question but what do you think would be valued more: a diploma in law from usyd or an LLB from UWS?

Demandred

HSC
Rorix is right, ceteris paribus, reputation stands out. But reputation can get you so far, there's nothing good references or good marks can't fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)