Essential DS games (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
oh awesome, I was looking for a pre-compiled version of the R4 YSmenu.
Apparently the developer of YSmenu doesn't like pre-compiled versions of his software, and has threatened to stop developing if they're distributed, which is a real pain, it's a bugger to set up.

The R4 is dead, time to upgrade.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Apparently the developer of YSmenu doesn't like pre-compiled versions of his software, and has threatened to stop developing if they're distributed, which is a real pain, it's a bugger to set up.
I know, I don't understand why he has to be such a jew about it.

The R4 is dead, time to upgrade.
Yeah, but requires money. I'll keep using it, even though there are some games that dont work.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The Dev team have disbanded. It's not getting any more official updates. Many new titles won't work.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
well thats a bummer.

meh, i dont even like any ds game, except for about 3 games, which are already out and working.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
well thats a bummer.

meh, i dont even like any ds game, except for about 3 games, which are already out and working.
How do you know you wont like future games?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
dunno, the only current games i like are pokemon d/p/pt, mario kart, sorta like metroid prime hunters.

there needs to be a game like banjo kazooie, or a port of the n64 version, THAT kinda game i'll like, 3rd person action/adventure.

the super mario 64 ds one wasnt bad, but got boring, u only have like 2 attack moves and u dont collect much, like.. yello coins, then red coins, then omg BLUE COINS!!!

but meh, if a game thats very similar to banjo kazooie comes out, then i will like it.

edit: or conkers, but conkers would have to be equally as rude as the n64 version :)

there havnt been many mature games on ds, the wii is all family friendly and stuff, but then u get stuff like house of the dead and stuff, blatant violence/blood/swearing etc, waiting for a ds game with swearing.. (apart from pokemon, ie: BITCH wants to fight! lol)
(and yes i got resievil and dementium, both i find boring)

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, it's dissapointing there hasn't been more expansion on quality 3d platformers for the DS.

And there hasn't been a single combat RTS, that genre's crying out for its handheld debut on the DS. I hope one is released before the end of the DS lifespan.

I wonder what nintendo are planning for the DS successor? Conceptually it's pretty much perfect. They can't go back from the touch screen concept.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hmm thats why i want a psp, its got better hardware so it can handle more graphically and hardware intense games.

really wanna play god of war chains of olympus, and wouldnt mind trying out an fps on psp either.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
But conceptually it's a far inferior product.

Patapon looks cool.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
meh, im a sucker for graphics.

i dont even know what other good psp games there are, i got god of war 1 and 2 on ps2, loves those games so much, so figures i wanna play the psp one.
i like fps's too, but i doubt they'd be good on handhelds, the ds has good control scheme (with touch screen) but graphics are ugly, wondering what psp will be like, specially killzone and the new resistance

Uncle

Banned
HSC
meh, im a sucker for graphics.

i dont even know what other good psp games there are, i got god of war 1 and 2 on ps2, loves those games so much, so figures i wanna play the psp one.
i like fps's too, but i doubt they'd be good on handhelds, the ds has good control scheme (with touch screen) but graphics are ugly, wondering what psp will be like, specially killzone and the new resistance
FPS games on the PSP are OK (Speaking from playing Metal Gear Solid PO), but then there is the PC.
Too bad DJ Max isn't for the DS.
DS has enough buttons (DJ Max needs 8), but the capacity of a DS cartridge is much less than a PSP UMD.
How can one fit over 50 high quality songs and game content in a single DS cartridge...

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
i think the next generation ds is definitely going to take a page from the iphone, bigger screen with a more capable touch screen (which can register more than one touch at a time) as well as having motion sensing standard in the hardware

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I know, I don't understand why he has to be such a jew about it.

Yeah, but requires money. I'll keep using it, even though there are some games that dont work.
It requires a whole $5 from Deal Extreme for a TT.

SamFisher3

HSC
N/A
Was thinking of getting a Ds Lite...and a R4, so i don't have to pay for all my games...but since Graney's said that some new games don't work on the R4, i've been a bit turned off haha..

is it worth getting a DSi, with a new card?? will the new cards be able to play all games?? don't really care about all the multimedia crap...playing games (including homebrew) is all that i really care about tbh ahhaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)