Estimate the Band E4 cutoff (1 Viewer)

what do you think the band E4 cutoff will be

  • 75-79

    Votes: 14 6.4%
  • 70-74

    Votes: 39 17.8%
  • 65-69

    Votes: 56 25.6%
  • 60-64

    Votes: 53 24.2%
  • 55-59

    Votes: 36 16.4%
  • 50-54

    Votes: 11 5.0%
  • 45-49

    Votes: 10 4.6%

  • Total voters
    219

dolbinau

Active Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
1,336
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
The results of this poll prove no one knows anything..
 

danz90

Active Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
1,469
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
well, considering in 2001 the E4 cut off was 48-52/84 , and 2001 wasn't really a hard exam,
i don't understand why u guys are saying like 60+ for E4
 

Pwnage101

Moderator
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
1,415
Location
in Pursuit of Happiness.
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
so, danz, u expect ANYONE who passess that test to get a 45-50/50 or a 90-100/100

just think about wat ur saying, plus that means, taking it as a 1 unit subject, say ur right and 48 is a e4 cutoff, ie 48 gets a 45/50, lets say 82 gets 50/50 0 u expect each '1' makr scaled to equal 6 makrs in the test

ie u expect someone who got 78 and someone who got 73 to BOTH get say 49/50

LOL
 

danz90

Active Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
1,469
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
well the stats are there man, i'm not saying whether they're right or wrong, i'm going by whats given.

i've read somewhere that a third of MX1 candidates get an E4, on average
 

lyounamu

Reborn
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
10,008
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
25% of the state get Band E4 in Mathematics Extension 1 though. I will prob go around 55?
 

poisonives

coolest member
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
91
Location
Wahroonga
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
Pwnage101 said:
so, danz, u expect ANYONE who passess that test to get a 45-50/50 or a 90-100/100

just think about wat ur saying, plus that means, taking it as a 1 unit subject, say ur right and 48 is a e4 cutoff, ie 48 gets a 45/50, lets say 82 gets 50/50 0 u expect each '1' makr scaled to equal 6 makrs in the test

ie u expect someone who got 78 and someone who got 73 to BOTH get say 49/50

LOL
wat do u think the cut off is then
 

Pwnage101

Moderator
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
1,415
Location
in Pursuit of Happiness.
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
as i said earlier, my prediction is a cutoff between 57-65, depending on many factors (how hard they mark, how people went, etc...)

and yes, 30% of the ppl attempting teh course WILL GET AN E4

and the enxt 30% AN E3

so dont worry, whetehr it was hard or easy, ur just compared to others, so the e4 cut off will come from how well ppl went, if everyone went miserably, the cutoff will be lowered to give approx 30% of teh canditure an e4
 

poisonives

coolest member
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
91
Location
Wahroonga
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
Pwnage101 said:
as i said earlier, my prediction is a cutoff between 57-65, depending on many factors (how hard they mark, how people went, etc...)

and yes, 30% of the ppl attempting teh course WILL GET AN E4

and the enxt 30% AN E3

so dont worry, whetehr it was hard or easy, ur just compared to others, so the e4 cut off will come from how well ppl went, if everyone went miserably, the cutoff will be lowered to give approx 30% of teh canditure an e4
yeah ok, but i doubt the cut off is as high as 65. 55-60 id say
 

pdoueihi

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
61
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
who the f would vote for anything over 65
thats stupid... it was a hard paper... last years cut off was around 63. this will be around 59
 

narrowpin

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
108
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
last years cut off was more like 72. this year it wont be too much less.
 

lyounamu

Reborn
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
10,008
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
narrowpin said:
last years cut off was more like 72. this year it wont be too much less.
I don't know what you are on about.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top