Etags (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Can you guys tell me how these work?

I normally take the M4 and pay a $2.75 toll each way, and was thinknig of getting an e-tag.

Overall I've only concluded that etags cost 40-50 to 'start off' and they are deducted a monthly fee (90c-$1.25) for unlimited use on the tollways?

Is that it? Can someone specify how it works exactly

ta

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Yeah you deposit an amount and it deducts toll charges off that then asks you to 'top up' when it gets low.. $1.25 monthly I think is just the account fee.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I don't think the RTA one charges a monthly fee, i could be wrong though.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Description Reference DR $ CR $
BALANCE TRANSFERED FROM PREVIOUS PERIOD 151.04
MONTHLY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT FEE 1.25
TOTAL FOR USE OF TOLL FACILITIES 4.20
BALANCE CARRIED FORWARD 145.59

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
so does it charge you everytime you use the tollway?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ahh alright, thanks for clearing that up. the websites they have are so vague -_-

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Think of an etag as a credit card that you stick on your windshield, and is charged the toll every time it makes "bloop" sound as you go under the sensors.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Think of an etag as a credit card that you stick on your windshield, and is charged the toll every time it makes "bloop" sound as you go under the sensors.
Good analogy there.

As for monthly fee, AFAIK RTA does not charge one but other etag providers might. I am surprised none of the toll road operators have started promotions along the lines of regular users of their tollroads getting discounts or something... *shrugs* Thought it seemed obvious.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
How would one attach a eTag to a bike..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
you make an account and link your number plate to it. We do this with our cars so if the tags in the other car we can just speed through and not get fined. Except they waive the 75c plate finding fee for motorcycles, courtesy of this guy

Otherwise, just hold it up you cock asif you haven't gone no hands.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
you make an account and link your number plate to it. We do this with our cars so if the tags in the other car we can just speed through and not get fined. Except they waive the 75c plate finding fee for motorcycles, courtesy of this guy

K, also that would of fucking hurt.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Nice video.

Are you serious? I heard that was the case with the automatic plate recognition but wasn't 100% sure. So this means I don't need to bother swapping my etags between my cars? Sweet.

Revelrous

HSC
remember you can claim back all the money you spend on the m4 and m5
they're phasing out tolls for m4 in feb 2010 btw

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Nice video.

Are you serious? I heard that was the case with the automatic plate recognition but wasn't 100% sure. So this means I don't need to bother swapping my etags between my cars? Sweet.
yeah I used to just not bother til I found out they charge extra money (which I'm not sure they do at all)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol you still pay the gst so you get 2.50 from every 2.75 back
and seremify, I've tried to find supporting documentation on tag providers/toll sites, but can't. I know for a fact though if you do have a tag but the plates aren't linked, then they'll just send you a bill for the toll +$10. $10 is waived if you pay with your account and not credit card/cheque/whateva.

Would just need to log onto the net and pay via your etag and you only pay for the toll (no admin/plate finding fees). That would work out better if one car makes it through a lot less.

Revelrous

HSC
if you dont use the m4 or m5 that much or cbf to claim cashback you can get a breeze toll tag account - its some company in melbourne.
it doesnt allow for the cashback scheme but they don't charge fucken heaps of money for tag deposits or whatever.
its still compatible too - you need one car per tag seeing as they have to check via photo since its interstate. their telephone support is open 24/7 (wtf?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)