Etags (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
lol you still pay the gst so you get 2.50 from every 2.75 back
and seremify, I've tried to find supporting documentation on tag providers/toll sites, but can't. I know for a fact though if you do have a tag but the plates aren't linked, then they'll just send you a bill for the toll +$10. $10 is waived if you pay with your account and not credit card/cheque/whateva.

Would just need to log onto the net and pay via your etag and you only pay for the toll (no admin/plate finding fees). That would work out better if one car makes it through a lot less.
I think we've got different situations here.. I meant I have one RTA etag with the plates for both saved into the RTA system, but I use one car alot more than the other. Do I need a 2nd tag?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Oh. They just slap on a 0.75 charge if your tag doesn't read right but your plates are registered. Wouldn't need a 2nd tag, just swap it over? We only just drive through if the tags in the other car and we need to use the m4.

:/

KnifeySpoony

HSC
remember you can claim back all the money you spend on the m4 and m5
they're phasing out tolls for m4 in feb 2010 btw
Apparently not, because the state gov will still use it to make moolah from it or something, heard it on the radio last week.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh. They just slap on a 0.75 charge if your tag doesn't read right but your plates are registered. Wouldn't need a 2nd tag, just swap it over? We only just drive through if the tags in the other car and we need to use the m4.

:/
Damn... if the technology is there to read plates, why do we need e-tags?!

And it was more for my run from the parents house in the hills through the M2, LCT and Bridge back to my office.

Zozo6969

HSC
ahh technology doesnt read plates, people do, and people cost money. not even most cop cars have those automatic plate-finding cameras, the coppers are still typing regos in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)