ever feel that you did well in a test but did bad? or felt bad and did good? (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I have. In English, when I spend heaps of time planning how to write the essay beforehand, I walk out of the hall feeling that I did great, but I end up doing really crap, and when I mean crap I mean under 50%. :mad: At some times, I dont study for the English topic and end up walking out feeling like shit and my head spins a lot. :confused: But I end up doing good. :rofl:

And in maths, I didnt finish all the questions and I felt shit going out the doors, but I did well.

Sometimes I feel so positive after doing a test, but I always do shit. Is it just me or thinking negative helps you get good marks? :wave:

lol maybe thinking negative helps because it makes you less disappointed of your results

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Yeah all the time. I have stopped guessing my results, whatever I get... I get.

I dont think that thinking negative gets you good marks but I feel like that sometimes too.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
I have stopped guessing my results
same. Essays are the worst. I got 20/20 for an essay I thought I fucked up. Then I got 12 for an essay I thought I aced..

Maths is just as bad. I would have got 100% in a maths test but I mad thousands of stupid little errors and got low 80s.

Then my last maths test I got high 90s and I felt that I fucked it up.

so now when ever someone asks me how I went i simply reply: 'who knows'.

bored of sc

HSC
Yeh, religion exam thought I did dud but got 100%, maths extension test thought I failed big time but I got 12/12 in the first question (it's out of 36 so I could still fail easily but its a little more unlikely now). And english trial SC, thought it was my best exam EVER (as in, approximated somewhere in the 90's) and got 70-something %. It's annoying like that.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yes... My last mathematics exam :vcross:

autumn-angel

HSC
yes, in english
I thought I would 18/18
and only ended up getting 9/18 :(

I dunno why i am so crap, i try so hard

I just dont know how to study for english

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
YESSSS!!
That happened to me during my yearly exam for maths in year 10 (worth 25%). I thought I did really well in it and it turned out I got 61% .. thank God I still came 1st in the grade for Maths because of my other 97% + exams.

autumn-angel

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
YESSSS!!
That happened to me during my yearly exam for maths in year 10 (worth 25%). I thought I did really well in it and it turned out I got 61% .. thank God I still came 1st in the grade for Maths because of my other 97% + exams.

i was wondering even if u didnt do so well in your yearly yr 10 exam, how did u end up choosing Extension English?

Aznmichael92

HSC
autumn-angel said:
yes, in english
I thought I would 18/18
and only ended up getting 9/18 :(

I dunno why i am so crap, i try so hard

I just dont know how to study for english
have u read your feedback given to you by the teacher? If there isn't any feedback, you should ask your teacher on how to improve. In most cases they will tell you to read more books so you get a broader knowledge of the language. Also if you cant seem to understand what is the novel is about, ask your teacher for assistance or get one of the study guides. Not sure if your school allows this, hand in your draft essay (could be finished) and ask the teacher to give you feedback on where you could improve.

Last term, I handed in my essay to my teacher, she gave me valuable feed back and thank god I asked her. I stuffed up my structure for my essay and didnt have enough quotes, my problem still, however is grammar. I ended up getting a 23/25, if not for seeing her earlier, I was expecting around 18-20.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I have to say this happens all the time (especially in subjects where I cannot really predict what I would get). In Biology, I once thought I easily aced the exam. But I ended up getting 91%. I lost so many marks due to my vague answers. I was very happy with the result but I was dissapointed to have lost marks due to my vague answers.

Same thing happened to my Maths exams as well. Losing tonnes of marks due to silly mistakes. :(

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lyounamu said:
I have to say this happens all the time (especially in subjects where I cannot really predict what I would get). In Biology, I once thought I easily aced the exam. But I ended up getting 91%. I lost so many marks due to my vague answers. I was very happy with the result but I was dissapointed to have lost marks due to my vague answers.

Same thing happened to my Maths exams as well. Losing tonnes of marks due to silly mistakes. :(
Yeah but you still did extremely well. 91% isnt easy.

Im not sure whether an easy test lets us get too confident to check for stupid mistakes and keep our head straight.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
agirlinatutu said:
Yeah but you still did extremely well. 91% isnt easy.

Im not sure whether an easy test lets us get too confident to check for stupid mistakes and keep our head straight.
Yeah true. I once got 60% in an exam that I was very confident with. My it really depends on how confident you are. I am usually confident with my exams. There are few exams where I am extremely confident with.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Yeah true. I once got 60% in an exam that I was very confident with. My it really depends on how confident you are. I am usually confident with my exams. There are few exams where I am extremely confident with.
umm 60% is not bad.

bawd

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
umm 60% is not bad.
But he was confident, thus probably expecting 90+.

I always experience this dilemma after completing any form of assessable work, including tests, assignments and assessments. If I feel confident about a test in a subject I usually perform well in, my results usually are, as expected, good. However, if I were feel confident in a subject I usually do not perform well in (say Mathematics), I'd get some craptastic mark that just gives me the feeling similar to coming down from a sugar rush. :mad1:

Speaking of which, I am feeling overbearingly confident about my 2U Mathematics paper, but freaked out to receive my Extension 1 paper. I will ascertain the truth behind your theory regarding 'feeling good after doing a test' from my results. :rolleyes:

Aznmichael92

HSC
i am not being sexist or anything, but according to my grade test results, female students tend to make less silly mistakes than male.

Its true like the top 20 students in out grade after the recent maths test, 16 are girls or so, however, the guys do know their stuff. In class when doing work, they always get it right :D but test .....:(

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i am not being sexist or anything, but according to my grade test results, female students tend to make less silly mistakes than male.

Its true like the top 20 students in out grade after the recent maths test, 16 are girls or so, however, the guys do know their stuff. In class when doing work, they always get it right :D but test .....:(
The top class of my year group... which has been pretty consistent the whole way through, in a class of 30, 3/4 is female and female tends to take top of the year. The guys are up there two. Its just there isnt as many of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)