Everyone talks about the schools that do the best in the HSC, but what schools do the worst? (2 Viewers)

Test-king12

HSC
YH thats what im saying which is ‘odd’ like ive been here for 4 yrs n still dont get it lol
but i think the prestige of the school is pretty important regardless of which country you are in but because of the groups of schools (CIS, AAGPS etc) and the deep rooted heritage of the schools the people who go to there end up tending to help out people who go to similar schools through providing them with better opportunities like job offers due to the kinda school nationalism.

jane1820

HSC
but i think the prestige of the school is pretty important regardless of which country you are in but because of the groups of schools (CIS, AAGPS etc) and the deep rooted heritage of the schools the people who go to there end up tending to help out people who go to similar schools through providing them with better opportunities like job offers.
Honestly my parents both graduated from that prestigious skl i went to n they r both now professors at universities so ig the skl ‘did its job’ (if uk what i mean?)

Shavi Masee

HSC
the connections gained from private schools can be well worth the 40k+ a year, have what private schools under 30k in fees are in the top 20 or even 30? (genuine question) from what i've seen the trend clearly shows the more prestigious schools are more highly ranked, there has to be some sort or correlations there...
More money = prestigious school.
Doctor, Lawyer etc jobs = More money.
Be smart = Doctor Lawyer etc jobs.
So basically imo because most of the students have a family background of doctors, lawyers etc. the school environment would be quite different to a public school. Since public school students have parents of all types of jobs, and that can impact the school environment. That's my opinion.
That's where selective schools come in, they segregate the smart people from the people in public schools. but that doesn't mean people in public schools aren't smart, i know some people that def should've gone to a selective.

HSC
So basically imo because most of the students have a family background of doctors, lawyers etc. the school environment would be quite different to a public school. Since public school students have parents of all types of jobs, and that can impact the school environment. That's my opinion.
That's where selective schools come in, they segregate the smart people from the people in public schools. but that doesn't mean people in public schools aren't smart, i know some people that def should've gone to a selective.
alr

axe

HSC
being smart does not mean you are rich, i know some people who's parents have phds but they can barely pay off their mortgage and are at risk of getting their toyota shitbox repo'ed.

Shavi Masee

HSC
being smart does not mean you are rich, i know some people who's parents have phds but they can barely pay off their mortgage and are at risk of getting their toyota shitbox repo'ed.
Yes ik my dad has done a phd, and we are struggling financially.
I guess I got my point across wrong. Most rich people have high paying jobs, and those jobs require a certain level of academic achievement. When you live in an environment of academically privileged people, you tend to get guided in an academic direction if that makes sense.
if it doesn't just forget abt what I said T-T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)