• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese and morbidly good-looking.. (1 Viewer)

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese, morbidly good-looking and morbid propaganda that is the o.c and current affairs new!

It's all entertainment! It's all pop-propapganda! It's all fake!

Am I the only one to realise that this world has gone on such a fake materialistic "R'n'B" tangent that it's hard to believe we actually one day didn't have TV or "The X factor" or "Good ol' George W".

Entertainment for the masses.. well if you wanted it it's been acheived! But at what cost?

Save my humanity! Save my dignity! Good-bye cruel Andy Warhol! Good-bye Pink! Goodbye Ray Martin! (no fear, no favour! What a stupid saying)

Looks like there really is no God after all. Humans like todays contemporaries in the media and who everyone likes do not deserve free will. People becoming school captain shouldn't be a judge of who has the biggest muscles or the smallest dick. Morning news programs should never be associated with the names Channel 7, David Koch or even news for that matter. I'm finished now. I hope you're happy.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i bet you have really bad taste in music

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Ur a certified nut arent u, whats with the crazy rambling

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
imhere4themusic said:
everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese, morbidly good-looking and morbid propaganda that is the o.c and current affairs new!

Am I the only one to realise that this world has gone on such a fake materialistic "R'n'B" tangent that it's hard to believe we actually one day didn't have TV or "The X factor" or "Good ol' George W".

Entertainment for the masses.. well if you wanted it it's been acheived! But at what cost?

Save my humanity! Save my dignity! Good-bye cruel Andy Warhol! Good-bye Pink! Goodbye Ray Martin! (no fear, no favour! What a stupid saying)

Looks like there really is no God after all. Humans like todays contemporaries in the media and who everyone likes do not deserve free will. People becoming school captain shouldn't be a judge of who has the biggest muscles or the smallest dick. Morning news programs should never be associated with the names Channel 7, David Koch or even news for that matter. I'm finished now. I hope you're happy.

Shit thread.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
you have to admit he/she does have a point. Television does influence us, as it shows us a hyperreality that we inevitably compare our own lives to. Just look at how the mass media has shaped the views of women. Theyre obsessed with becoming skinny etc. believe it or not in some cultures fat was actually attractive!
No matter what you say it does have an influence.

But i believe that you have to be able to discern from what is real & what isnt real. Sure its entertainment, so just take it at that. You said it yourself, its all fake. So if it is, just accept that. Its not the end of the world.

chair_stapler

HSC
N/A
imhere4themusic said:

yes this is true i totally agree with you

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
imhere4gaymusic,

ur an idiot.
I love RNB

Thats my taste u stupid communist

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Oh shit, the OC isnt real?

Holy goddamn, Channel 10 really fooled me when they told me it was a live shoot of real people.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
:confused:
Why do people argue over this? Maybe these were the kind of people this guy was talking about when he wrote this, which means you fell right into his trap anyway. I thought this was all a bit too poetic teenage angst to be totally real anyway. I for one, think you all missed the point on this thread. Maybe life isn't supposed to be like this. It's so far from where we came from, I think all you people offended by this R'n'B slur got it wrong. This person is generalising what he views as todays pop culture, you can kinda tell hes also very left wing but that doesn;t make him a communist. Who here is going to persecute him for his personal views on the world. Did he threaten you in any way? Did he mention any of you specifically? No? Oh.. well then why are you all getting so hyped up about it.
Oh and btw, what is good taste in music?

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
ihavenothing said:
:confused:
Why do people argue over this? Maybe these were the kind of people this guy was talking about when he wrote this, which means you fell right into his trap anyway. I thought this was all a bit too poetic teenage angst to be totally real anyway. I for one, think you all missed the point on this thread. Maybe life isn't supposed to be like this. It's so far from where we came from, I think all you people offended by this R'n'B slur got it wrong. This person is generalising what he views as todays pop culture, you can kinda tell hes also very left wing but that doesn;t make him a communist. Who here is going to persecute him for his personal views on the world. Did he threaten you in any way? Did he mention any of you specifically? No? Oh.. well then why are you all getting so hyped up about it.
Oh and btw, what is good taste in music?
Yea, but his assertion that television shows arent real was so painfully obvious that the good people of this board decided to talk about something more interesting.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Do you actually think he meant that? No one is that stupid. I think its pretty funny, or sad, whichever you like, that you finished youre HSC in 2003 and you hav nothing better to do than sit in fornt of you're computer all day, or smoking bongs and making sarcastic comments convincing yourself you're cool when everyone else youre age is out there getting a life. Get a career. Does it make you feel superior to put down people younger than you and obviously smarter than you.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
You're exactly the type of people I despise, the eyes glued to the tv, current affairs, teenage angst person that thinks they know everything. Great work mate.

HSC
imhere4themusic said:

nah bro i disagree bro the O.C Rules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)