• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese and morbidly good-looking.. (2 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
imhere4themusic said:
everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese, morbidly good-looking and morbid propaganda that is the o.c and current affairs new!

It's all entertainment! It's all pop-propapganda! It's all fake!

Am I the only one to realise that this world has gone on such a fake materialistic "R'n'B" tangent that it's hard to believe we actually one day didn't have TV or "The X factor" or "Good ol' George W".

Entertainment for the masses.. well if you wanted it it's been acheived! But at what cost?

Save my humanity! Save my dignity! Good-bye cruel Andy Warhol! Good-bye Pink! Goodbye Ray Martin! (no fear, no favour! What a stupid saying)

Looks like there really is no God after all. Humans like todays contemporaries in the media and who everyone likes do not deserve free will. People becoming school captain shouldn't be a judge of who has the biggest muscles or the smallest dick. Morning news programs should never be associated with the names Channel 7, David Koch or even news for that matter. I'm finished now. I hope you're happy.
Lay off the weed and get a life dude. seriously.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Grobus said:
Yea, but his assertion that television shows arent real was so painfully obvious that the good people of this board decided to talk about something more interesting.
i dont know about older, his public profile says his birhtdate is 9 June, 1986

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
imhere4themusic said:
everyone today is concerned with the morbidly obese, morbidly good-looking and morbid propaganda that is the o.c and current affairs new!

Am I the only one to realise that this world has gone on such a fake materialistic "R'n'B" tangent that it's hard to believe we actually one day didn't have TV or "The X factor" or "Good ol' George W".

Entertainment for the masses.. well if you wanted it it's been acheived! But at what cost?

Save my humanity! Save my dignity! Good-bye cruel Andy Warhol! Good-bye Pink! Goodbye Ray Martin! (no fear, no favour! What a stupid saying)

Looks like there really is no God after all. Humans like todays contemporaries in the media and who everyone likes do not deserve free will. People becoming school captain shouldn't be a judge of who has the biggest muscles or the smallest dick. Morning news programs should never be associated with the names Channel 7, David Koch or even news for that matter. I'm finished now. I hope you're happy.

your one of those hippies that hasnt achieved anytihng and just hates everyone else for their success. Whats so good about yuor life then , if yuo are against all the media FFs

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
ihavenothing said:
You're exactly the type of people I despise, the eyes glued to the tv, current affairs, teenage angst person that thinks they know everything. Great work mate.
Wow.

Just wow. You know nothing about me or what I do and your comments go to prove it.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
SashatheMan said:
your one of those hippies that hasnt achieved anytihng and just hates everyone else for their success. Whats so good about yuor life then , if yuo are against all the media FFs
Whats so good about my life Sashathe Man is that I don't need to hear about all the depressing stuff going on in the news. The point I was trying to make about entertainment and news is that it is all of it nowadays is either depressing news or "feel good TV". Doesn't it scare you to think that people live out their lives disillusioned and totally deluded thinking that we are so bad off in Australia with our taxes, our shady judges, and our dirty consumer products? I mean, yes, there is worse people off in the world; what with the tsunami, the people living on rubbish dumps in the phillipines and in ethiopia, but I don't want to hear about it everyday. I am an average Australian teenager, I can't afford to donate to all those causes, plain and simple, sounds greedy but then I won't be able to make a life here for me, and hearing about that on the news knowing that it's "current affairs" isn;t going to make me feel a whole lot better.

Do you notice how the blockbuster stories of the news fade in and fade out but there's never any real resolution? First it was Sept. 11, then it was Osama, then they couldn't fin him so there was Saddam, then he fazed out and then came all those media buzz words; falujah, terrorists, axis of tyranny.. so on. Then came that massive tidal wave that people like to call tsunami, bcoz it sounds better. It just annoys me that the news isn't the news anymore. News programs are becoming more like entertainment programs, not information, and when it is information i hear nothing about whats happening to my city or my people but somewhere else and someone else. People convince themselves they are compassionate because "we care" but all we do is watch the news, we don't help them. And I certainly don't and i feel guilty about it a lot.

I was in the city the other night and channel 7 has installed a new scroll text informant board, just like the ones in times sqaure and other places, and what did I see? "Queen not to attend Charles' wedding." Who here can argue with me and say that is something that Australian people want to hear, especailly when the monarch has in my view become totally irrelevant. I admit it I'm totally left wing. But that's my view. I didn't accuse any of you people who replied to my first message personally. I don't have a vendetta against you. If you people have a problem with me I'm sorry, but that's your problem not mine. People get so heated up, do they think I'm accusing them? Whoever thinks that must be overly self-centred and paranoid.

Hippies are from the 60's and we're in the 00's. How can you know how much dedication into my life and how much hard work I have done from one simple comment? Who gives you the right to swear, curse, put me down because I have views in the world?

That's what's so good about my life. I'm happy and I know it. I don't need any of your approvals anyway. Only the most hard hitting people replying on this board must have been hit hard themselves by my comments.

That is why you get angry at the media.

Now tell me why you get angry at me getting angry at the media? Are you the media? No? Then why the long face? Are you paranoid? Did i hurt you? Aww.. poor baby.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
imhere4themusic said:
Whats so good about my life Sashathe Man is that I don't need to hear about all the depressing stuff going on in the news. The point I was trying to make about entertainment and news is that it is all of it nowadays is either depressing news or "feel good TV". Doesn't it scare you to think that people live out their lives disillusioned and totally deluded thinking that we are so bad off in Australia with our taxes, our shady judges, and our dirty consumer products? I mean, yes, there is worse people off in the world; what with the tsunami, the people living on rubbish dumps in the phillipines and in ethiopia, but I don't want to hear about it everyday. I am an average Australian teenager, I can't afford to donate to all those causes, plain and simple, sounds greedy but then I won't be able to make a life here for me, and hearing about that on the news knowing that it's "current affairs" isn;t going to make me feel a whole lot better.

Do you notice how the blockbuster stories of the news fade in and fade out but there's never any real resolution? First it was Sept. 11, then it was Osama, then they couldn't fin him so there was Saddam, then he fazed out and then came all those media buzz words; falujah, terrorists, axis of tyranny.. so on. Then came that massive tidal wave that people like to call tsunami, bcoz it sounds better. It just annoys me that the news isn't the news anymore. News programs are becoming more like entertainment programs, not information, and when it is information i hear nothing about whats happening to my city or my people but somewhere else and someone else. People convince themselves they are compassionate because "we care" but all we do is watch the news, we don't help them. And I certainly don't and i feel guilty about it a lot.

I was in the city the other night and channel 7 has installed a new scroll text informant board, just like the ones in times sqaure and other places, and what did I see? "Queen not to attend Charles' wedding." Who here can argue with me and say that is something that Australian people want to hear, especailly when the monarch has in my view become totally irrelevant. I admit it I'm totally left wing. But that's my view. I didn't accuse any of you people who replied to my first message personally. I don't have a vendetta against you. If you people have a problem with me I'm sorry, but that's your problem not mine. People get so heated up, do they think I'm accusing them? Whoever thinks that must be overly self-centred and paranoid.

Hippies are from the 60's and we're in the 00's. How can you know how much dedication into my life and how much hard work I have done from one simple comment? Who gives you the right to swear, curse, put me down because I have views in the world?

That's what's so good about my life. I'm happy and I know it. I don't need any of your approvals anyway. Only the most hard hitting people replying on this board must have been hit hard themselves by my comments.

That is why you get angry at the media.

Now tell me why you get angry at me getting angry at the media? Are you the media? No? Then why the long face? Are you paranoid? Did i hurt you? Aww.. poor baby.
My god ur a n ignorant fuck, that correct term for a tidal wave is a tsunami, cause it has little or nothing to do with tides, and if u feel bad about not donating to charity, then donate to charity, if u dont care dont worry about it

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Korn said:
My god ur a n ignorant fuck, that correct term for a tidal wave is a tsunami, cause it has little or nothing to do with tides, and if u feel bad about not donating to charity, then donate to charity, if u dont care dont worry about it
You think I don't know that? The problem is it has become a buzzword. I have seen documentaries and news programs from before it that reffered to them as tidal waves. Those people must be ignorant fucks as well, or must have been, afterwards they adopted the term just like everyone else. I won't donate to charity, I can't afford to.. and I don't want it shoved in my face for 2 months, which is exactly what happened.

My god you're an ignorant fuck. If I unsult you personally then insult me back but if i don't care about you con't worry about it.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Yes I'm sorry for caring about something, but then again if no one else cares about it I shouldn't be bothering about it. No, I'm not scared of change but I'm scared of things like war, chocolate bars and fox news. I'm scared of destructiveness and unnatural things. Humans shouldn't be concerned about movie stars and politicians, there shouldn't even be things like that. How can one fathom evolving from apes or being created by God and then turning into this. This is so far from the beginning.. we are destroying everything. I admit it, I'm extreme left-wing and I have different views.. I'm sorry for having them everyone ok? Maybe I should just lay down and die.. because then all your problems would be solved then. All you "normal" people can be comforted in your little computer rooms knowing that people like me don't exist anymore and go on through your life with those sick little secrets you have and everyone else can be none-the-wiser. You can go to school, discuss the news, go out drinking with mates n hoes every saturday night, watch reality TV, eat a Snickers bar, discuss the subject of Schoolies, get a job at Woolies then settle down. Wouldn't the world just be perfect then?

artfag

Banned
HSC
i'm guessing you're fat, you smell, and you have very little friends

oh, and stop listening to bad music.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
artfag said:
i'm guessing you're fat, you smell, and you have very little friends

oh, and stop listening to bad music.
I'm guessing you think you're better than everybody else because "You're a fag and you know it". Oh and by the way you're wrong. Why does that image come along with those words? Because you're deluded, you are the scum of our pop society. What's bad music? What's good music? What do I listen to?

artfag

Banned
HSC
unfortunately for you i'm actually very straight
bad music is what you listen to
good music is what i listen to
you listen to bad music

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
I don't care if you're straight or not you still have a complex. How can you make a generalisation about that when you have no idea what I listen to at all, or if I listen to anything.

artfag

Banned
HSC
hey man, you need to relax. grab a copy of Purple Rain and just relax

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
I never said I didn't like prince. I'll relax mate when everyone stops having a go at me for having an opinion, which is just like everyone else in this forum. But if you stop having a go at me I'll relax a bit. If prince is what you like then you were wrong about me listening to bad music.

rika__

HSC
hey look... just relax k, sure ppl are kinda having a go at you for expressing your opinion but dun u rkn that if u just sed it (without so much passion) and just stick to the facts ppl may actualli appreciate ur view of the media

btw.. insulting ppl isnt exactli a great way of resolving this, jus try to relax

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Damn this thread is tense...i suggest that you people lay off the weed and calm down. On second thought, go smoke some more weed if that will help you calm down.

wanton-wonton

HSC
imhere4themusic said:

I am fat .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)