Exam Discussion (1 Viewer)

spazamataz

HSC
Well seeing as they are coming up I thought we could vent/discuss whatever you want about your exams!

I personally am so ready for marketing it's not funny!
All content has been given :)

And the others, well lets not talk about them as yet.

Good luck guys!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Marketing I found to be a pretty easy exam. How do you think you went?

spazamataz

HSC
Marketing was dead easy.

I had to go see the co-ordinator after to pick up some stuff and I told him that I was disappointed because i'd studied too much for it, and was expecting it to be harder, he just kind of gave me a dirty look and said 'good luck in your future studies'.

So not looking forward to next session, ACCY111 and BCM106 look deathly!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ACCY is only difficult if you don't attend/listen to the lectures, and don't put any effort it. The whole session I skipped every lecture, so because I wasn't good with the content, my homework marks were terrible because everything was wrong and badly attempted.

However, once I actually sat down in Week 14 and listened to them all, it all made pretty much perfect sense. So yeah, basically I'd say attend the lectures, and if your having trouble, definitely go to PASS. It will help.

H S C

HSC
accy was terrible, but fin111 was worse...disappointing cos i studied heaps and was confident...now not so much

when are we likely to get marks back
and what if i fail:S

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you fail, you'll just have to do the subject again. However, if you've already done the subject, you can probably skip going to most of the lectures, giving you only the tutorials to go to.

I'm not sure when we get our marks back. I think it's in the next week or two, but I'm not sure.

@HSC: Did you listen/go to the last lecture? That basically told you what was in the exam. If you didn't, for future reference, definitely do it. Even if you skip every other lecture, make sure you do the last week.

spazamataz

HSC
I think results are released on the 6th.

I try to avoid skipping lectures, so hopefully ACCY won't be a problem next session!

Anyone doing COMM101 next semester? Or have done it? I've been told its easy as, any truth to this?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm planning on doing it next session. I want to do something a bit easier next session, and I get the feeling it's going to be pretty easy for anyone with good language/writing skills. Kathy Rudkin is a lecturer for it, and I found her stuff to be the easiest part of the ACCY course. So here's hoping COMM101 is the same.

sam0206

HSC
Yeah COMM101 is really easy. Most people don't even read the textbook. Anything that is important they go over in tutorials anyway.

Btw, would anyone be willing to sell the marketing textbook to me? :p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Btw, would anyone be willing to sell the marketing textbook to me?
I didn't even buy it. Unless this time you are forced to do questions from it, it's probably not worth your money.

spazamataz

HSC
Btw, would anyone be willing to sell the marketing textbook to me? :p
If you had of asked earlier it would have been all yours. But one of my mates called dibs not long ago.

But yeah, you definitely need the textbook, the questions in the exam were set from it (like we were given the specific chapter references that each question would be based on).

If my mate forgets i'll gladly sell it to you.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But yeah, you definitely need the textbook
I did it a year ago, and found it unecessary. Has it changed that much in one session?

A.Chair

HSC
I'm just happy I passed my business law subject. Another highlight was a HD for accy211 but the other two results were nothing to get excited about.

H S C

HSC
hey if i fail a subject in autumn can i repeat it in spring:angry:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Depends on the subject. Some are only offered in Autumn session.

Absolutezero said:
3 P's, 2 C's. Pretty bad IMO.
Was actually 3C, 2P. Still not great though.

spazamataz

HSC
2 D's, 2 HD's, hahaha so awesomely happy!
Also, got the tute i wanted :) alllll good :) Just hope i can do it again tonight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)