Exam Failure? (1 Viewer)

Mrtechz

HSC
Whats the best thing to do the night before trial exams if you haven't studied at all and are looking to pass. Just study the big topics?

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
^ you and your drugs lol

At OP, just memorise all the important formulas, rules and theorems if you haven't already done so

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
If you study/done work competently throughout the year - you could and should pass without studying. Studying just helps to refine and consolidate knowledge.

If you are strapped for time, go through past papers, flicker between questions and skip if you can confidently say you can do it.

Like the aforementioned, if you have done neither then you are pretty much fucked. Expect to fail.

S

sandnigger10

Whats the best thing to do the night before trial exams if you haven't studied at all and are looking to pass. Just study the big topics?
get a time machine, go back to January at the start of the year, and consider getting a tutor like I advised :p.

Dumb fuck.

anne1010

HSC
get a time machine, go back to January at the start of the year, and consider getting a tutor like I advised :p.

Dumb fuck.
he most likely understands the content but hasnt practiced enough. nothing a tutor can say or do will make u practice and lead to success.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
he most likely understands the content but hasnt practiced enough. nothing a tutor can say or do will make u practice and lead to success.
This. And I can guarantee many students will be in the same position. I went to tutoring for 1 lesson, it was so unprofessional.

joeblow2

Banned
HSC
N/A
This. And I can guarantee many students will be in the same position. I went to tutoring for 1 lesson, it was so unprofessional.
lol, what did I tell you. You can't expect instant results , I would think it would take atleast 4weeks before any real improvements are seen (provided the tutor wasn't a dumbass) . That's why everyone after a tutor right now is officailly screwed for hsc , a tutor this late will not help at all.

anne1010

HSC
lol, what did I tell you. You can't expect instant results , I would think it would take atleast 4weeks before any real improvements are seen (provided the tutor wasn't a dumbass) . That's why everyone after a tutor right now is officailly screwed for hsc , a tutor this late will not help at all.
u never reply to comments that u get done in...

joeblow2

Banned
HSC
N/A
no he doesn't understand the content or he would have aced it.

joeblow2

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think you will find in a lot of cases that the tutor actually knows more than their class teacher (and they know better ways of explaining concepts, and better methods in general) .

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd read my theory book and do a practice Q for each section.

Or alternatively, pick two/three topics to focus on to make me pass and study them as intensively as you can given time constraint.

anne1010

HSC
i understand everything in maths. i dont do well cause i dont practice and thats purley cause im lazy. i could have 50 tutors (best out there btw) and it wouldnt change shit. shutup. no one wants ur free tutoring.

SpiceTrader

HSC
Understanding the content is different from memorizing the method, I know how to do most questions after I look at a few examples or do a couple of practice questions since it jogs my memory of the topic.

joeblow2

Banned
HSC
N/A
i understand everything in maths. i dont do well cause i dont practice and thats purley cause im lazy. i could have 50 tutors (best out there btw) and it wouldnt change shit. shutup. no one wants ur free tutoring.
I know no one wants it (and I am not offering it).

I am just showing people what happens when they don't get tutors.

Just to show people that I wasn't bullshitting at the start of the year. In my ads I put something like "Get a tutor now before it's too late" , people thought I was being too aggressive and trying to scare people into getting tutoring. They didn't believe me then, but they do now (unfortunately for them , it's too late to get their marks back, I wanted to help them. But if they can't help themself by atleast considering my free lessons then how can I help them :p ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I know no one wants it (and I am not offering it).

I am just showing people what happens when they don't get tutors.

Just to show people that I wasn't bullshitting at the start of the year. In my ads I put something like "Get a tutor now before it's too late" , people thought I was being too aggressive and trying to scare people into getting tutoring. They didn't believe me then, but they do now (unfortunately for them , it's too late to get their marks back, I wanted to help them. But if they can't help themself by atleast considering my free lessons then how can I help them :p ).
Looks like somebody still can't hack the fact that he failed at getting any students for tutoring and still blames everyone other than himself.....it's been like 6 months and you're still not over it lol. You do realise that you're increasingly making yourself a laughing stock the more you make new accounts then troll/rant about this....

Also, did you stop to think that there are also people who are doing well without a tutor? Did you stop to think that some who did go to the so called 'overpriced tutors' are doing well? Did you stop to think that many people seeking tutoring now have never visited the site before? Obviously not, because you only think about yourself and you are too jealous of the fact that you couldn't get any students and others could...still whinging about it even after 6 months like a man who can't get over a breakup...lol

I can only imagine you whinging about this same thing one year later...lol

PS: To all the Year 12s, be thankful you didn't have him as a tutor otherwise you would've found out the hard way what he's really like. Either way it looks like the students on this site saw straight through him anyway when he was advertising... :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)