Exam moods/thoughts/assumptions/confidence levels etc (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
What goes through your mind during exam (besides the questions/answers of course)?

I always find myself nervous and dumb in extension maths exams but all the others I tend to be fine! It's so annoying.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
there's something ineffably pleasing when hearing how everyone screwed up as much as you did. it promotes solidarity in mediocrity.

but besides that, the more i think that i'm doing shit, the better mark i get.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really don't think of anything in the exam. Just do what I have to do, and that's about it.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Usually confident, sometimes i freakout in 3u maths if i realise im spending too much time on a question.. but that when that happens i hum a song in my head.. and it calms me down :p yess.. im wierd haha

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
In an English exam, I start cursing the text and author in my mind. But for everything else, I can see all my notes in front of me and I do what I have to do :p

selablad

HSC
I get really excited, especially in maths exams. Looking around at all the people panicking and frantically revising just gives me a huge buzz :D

In the actual exam I think really random thoughts. And do random things. Like if there's some easy multiple choice question or something, I'll get really interested and come up with some algorithm that will solve all problems like that, and put it into my graphics calculator...then realise I just spent 5 minutes of a MC question. But yeah, I stop and stare out the window a lot, and think random things. Sometimes I write essays on the scribble paper, or on the back page of the exam...

beve

Jesus
HSC
I drew a giant cartoon on my school certificate desk.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
In an English exam, I start cursing the text and author in my mind. But for everything else, I can see all my notes in front of me and I do what I have to do :p
LMAOO!! I do that too! And the I start to panic about the time, then curse my english teacher and freak out that I didnt study enough.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
The SC was just finishing as fast as possible to sleep.

In English I normally just dread the writing part of it, everything else is fine. Comprehension sectino is pretty good, but once they give you a stimulus that has no relevance - you start to hate English even more.

Mathematics - normally I skim through the paper to see what I can and can't do, but I'm pretty confident after every math exam.

Chemistry - Favourite non-math subject which is pretty awesome. Our cohort are all fairly even and most of the time, the top ranks are determined by the 5-6-7 mark questions.

Physics - I dread it, studying for ti is crap as hell but once you understand it, it's pretty awesome. Come exam time I'm pretty nervous about it, who knows what questions the faculty can pull out, just look at the verbs and I'll be fien (ironically I'm ranked ebtter in hpysics than chem).

When I finish, I just write out lyrics on a piece of paper. Jason mraz ftw.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
What goes through your mind during exam (besides the questions/answers of course)?

I always find myself nervous and dumb in extension maths exams but all the others I tend to be fine! It's so annoying.
In my Mathematics exams, I do my exams very casually. That is the only way I relax myself during exams. In Mathematics exams, I know that I can do all the questions. It is the matter of not making stupid mistakes. I tend to stretch every time I finish two or three questions. That way, I can further relax. :D

For other subjects, I tend to rush. It is just that I feel the incentive to finish the exams quickly and go over them. But I overwrite every single question I encounter. So... I sometimes run out of time. That is the part I need to fix. :D

In general, I am quite paranoid. But I feel the sense of achievement by the time I finish my exams. So... that's good.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
X-terc said:
LMAOO!! I do that too! And the I start to panic about the time, then curse my english teacher and freak out that I didnt study enough.
haha glad to see that someone else does the same thing as me! HI-5! Oh yes, I start cursing my english teacher too :p

lionking1191

HSC
selablad said:
I get really excited, especially in maths exams. Looking around at all the people panicking and frantically revising just gives me a huge buzz :D

In the actual exam I think really random thoughts. And do random things. Like if there's some easy multiple choice question or something, I'll get really interested and come up with some algorithm that will solve all problems like that, and put it into my graphics calculator...then realise I just spent 5 minutes of a MC question. But yeah, I stop and stare out the window a lot, and think random things. Sometimes I write essays on the scribble paper, or on the back page of the exam...
you do mean checking answers and not REVISING in the middle of a test, right...? :eek:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lionking1191 said:
you do mean checking answers and not REVISING in the middle of a test, right...? :eek:
Maybe she means revising just before entering the exam hall. :p

agua.fuego

HSC
'... I wonder how long I have left. Why? Why am I even here doing this exam? Maybe I can escape if I use that picture to smash that window and then flee the school... hang on... maybe I should write a bit... there... hmm... our school looks very weird from aerial view... and I still can't understand why the school has to make the crucifixes so scary. Would Jesus want that? Hmm... wow, that's - right, I'm in an exam... hehe, let's write..."

I finish exam.

"...how long til I can LEAVE?! I technically don't have to be here now! OK, let's draw... hmm... I wonder if I could construct my entire family tree on here? Let's try... oh, crap, this is an exam, I should rub it out... now why did I highlight my rubber in a moment of extreme boredom? Now there's highlighty streaks all over the page. Look. There's another one... OH FINALLY. LEAVING."

Yeah, I hate exams.

bored of sc

HSC
agua.fuego said:
'... I wonder how long I have left. Why? Why am I even here doing this exam? Maybe I can escape if I use that picture to smash that window and then flee the school... hang on... maybe I should write a bit... there... hmm... our school looks very weird from aerial view... and I still can't understand why the school has to make the crucifixes so scary. Would Jesus want that? Hmm... wow, that's - right, I'm in an exam... hehe, let's write..."

I finish exam.

"...how long til I can LEAVE?! I technically don't have to be here now! OK, let's draw... hmm... I wonder if I could construct my entire family tree on here? Let's try... oh, crap, this is an exam, I should rub it out... now why did I highlight my rubber in a moment of extreme boredom? Now there's highlighty streaks all over the page. Look. There's another one... OH FINALLY. LEAVING."

Yeah, I hate exams.
Haha. :) That's classic.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Usually there are four stages:
Pre exam:
  • I study
  • I panic because I feel that I am not studying enough
Exam:
  • I concentrate so much on the exam and do it really fast
  • I check it so many times
Post-Exam/Pre-Results:
I'm fairly relaxed and composed, nothing to worry about for a while.
Results:
  • Somehow, I checked my work several times, and did not pick up on some of the mistakes which I made according to the marker. I start to get frustrated. How could I have missed such an obvious mistake when I have been checking my work closely and carefully?

I am also usually more relaxed with examinations in comparison to hand in assessment tasks, probably due to the fact that with examinations, I can just study and revise. I don't really have anything due. So in that sense, examinations can be relaxing, to an extent.

Last edited:

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:
Haha. :) That's classic.
That's what solitary confinement does to you. Drains you out. Slowly makes you insane.

I remember one year, I wrote song lyrics all over my plastic sleeve thing... and as I was up the back, Mr Raeburn and I were having a heated discussion as to the crapness of my lyrics/bands/songs. Then the exam ended.

jazzbaby

HSC
assessments - i tend to freak about maths and IPT..everything else is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)