Exam Problem - Major Issue (1 Viewer)

joandearkau

HSC
Has anyone ever sat an HSC exam at a different time to the timetabled exam for reason other than timetable clash?

For example, if you are unavailable in the morning when the exam is on, have you sat the exam that afternoon?

How does it work? - I need to know urgently!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Has anyone ever sat an HSC exam at a different time to the timetabled exam for reason other than timetable clash?

For example, if you are unavailable in the morning when the exam is on, have you sat the exam that afternoon?

There would have to be exceptional reasons to allow someone to sit an exam other than at the timetabled time, other than as a result of timetable clashes.

Excuses such as appointments don't get the exam moved for instance, not does driving tests, flying into Australia, flying out of Australia, etc.

A family funeral would result in the assessment mark being used rather than a separate exam being sat.

Normally, except for timetable clashes, if you miss an exam, you need appropriate documentation to apply for an illness/misadventure claim.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

If you decide to deliberately break your leg at the skating park a few days before the exams and manage to get an exemption at the last minute then you may be allowed special conditions which has occurred before.

joandearkau

HSC
Thanks, but I really do want to sit my exam. I just can't do it at that time (morning)

Can I get a supervisor to "guard" me in the morning and then sit the exam in the afternoon?

I will finish competing about half an hour before my exam is supposed to finish.

I'd need to go to a different exam centre than my school.

So am I asking the impossible? I don't want to have wasted two years of work.

knoobs.

HSC
Instead of asking this on boredofstudies, you should really be talking to your school and the BOS.

LordPc

HSC
Instead of asking this on boredofstudies, you should really be talking to your school and the BOS.
ummm, what are you competing for?

caused it'd have to be proper for it to be accepted

anyway, i do know that protocol is in place, so that if you have a clash, then you will sit one exam in the morning, and a supervisor will guard you for the 2 hour break, and then you come back in and sit the second exam. and ofcourse you cant use your phone during this time.

joandearkau

HSC
I have taken it up with BOS and they haven't been very interested nor helpful.

I need a precedent so I can build a good case.

I'm competing in the State Final of a Public Speaking Competition.

Mithead

HSC
=( bad news.
You can't move HSC exams ever.
If two exams clash then they don't let you leave the room. This would be an absolute no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)