Exam Stress (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I can in all honesty say I'm not stressed.

For 3 of my subjects, it's a matter of whether I'll get a D/HD if I do some work, not a matter of passing... the fourth one is a matter of passing though :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Biology - should be alright
MATH1901 - should be alright
Physics - screwed
Chem - should be alright
MATH1902 - super dooper screwed

Not really stressed though for some reason.

z_morris

I am in my fifth year of uni this year and i agree that each semester is a fairly intense 12 week period. Its all about organisation and friends!

I study with a friend for exams and we get together and quiz each other all afternoon and you would be amazed at how much you can learn with another person. Plus you are not alone and it keeps you motivated when you share the stressful experience with someone else.

There is a definate misconception that uni is just one big bludge spent drinking and partying but it really is tough work. Especially if you want to do well and go on to further study.

I am doing my thesis on stress and uni students this year and if you would like to participate in my online study follow the link:

http://www.media.swin.edu.au/surveyor/survey.asp?s=01102223168144227

If you have any questions, id be happy to answer them!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i am screwed, out anatomy exam is worth 80% and i have to get credits to keep my scholarship, and theres so much stuff to know, like we have to know how to describe like 20 cells types, and we might get asked maybe one in the exam.
ack, last year was much less stressfull even though i was aiming for distinctions, because there was less content for each exam
Ahhhhh! stress!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Or severely cripple you :D
or drive you to insanity like it has done to me n my friend.

we've completely lost it. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
thats just the same as cripplin'.. it's easy stronger or crippled.. just like being run over by a car =p

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
For 3 of my subjects, it's a matter of whether I'll get a D/HD if I do some work, not a matter of passing... the fourth one is a matter of passing though :D
I'm in a similar position, trying to maintain a HD (for two subjects) and D average (For my other two units..) More anxious than stressed, I think.. Just a tad worried about it, but thats my approach for everything. :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
im with toodulu... i'm not stressed at all. Ok maybe that's because i only have 2 exams but thats because i had like 5 essays due in the couple of weeks leading up to exams.
During the hsc year i stressed, during exams i was stressed over the fact that i wasnt worried etc... at the moment i couldnt give a fuck about uni as long as i pass... mac is so easy going and cruisy

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i am screwed, out anatomy exam is worth 80% and i have to get credits to keep my scholarship, and theres so much stuff to know, like we have to know how to describe like 20 cells types, and we might get asked maybe one in the exam.
ack, last year was much less stressfull even though i was aiming for distinctions, because there was less content for each exam
Ahhhhh! stress!
fark, more content next year, i have to get my act together and get a new study strategy
Originally posted by z_morris
I study with a friend for exams and we get together and quiz each other all afternoon and you would be amazed at how much you can learn with another person. Plus you are not alone and it keeps you motivated when you share the stressful experience with someone else.
i suppose it would be good if you do work, normally we would do nothing

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
two more... i'm sorta stressed about the one on wednesday... i'm such a crammer :p and getting even slacker as the days go by

oooh... winter break, here we come!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
meh... damn why cant maths be crammed.... need a miracle tomorrow...preferably the sudden implosion of level 4 at Randwick racecourse at precisely 8:45am moro morning

...:(

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
hey ppl....stresss is part of life...i think the ones who r not stressed r not humans !!! :)
i want to be an animal... why WHY couldn't i have been an animal?

oh wait... i'm a chicken :p

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Our dogs get dressed, too. Talk about an easy life...

Exams are not that bad. I am not worried at all, for now. The results will be what annoys the hell out of me (I will manage a credit average for the semester easily, yet why settle for a 'mere' credit? :p).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
By the time you get to second year, the care factor slowly diminishes..as you lose sight of 'perfection' that you strived for in the HSC

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
By the time you get to second year, the care factor slowly diminishes..as you lose sight of 'perfection' that you strived for in the HSC
Started getting that 3 weeks into semester 1. Year 1.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Unless you're doing Actuarial at Macq =p

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Started getting that 3 weeks into semester 1. Year 1.
week 4 for me :p
uni work sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)