Exam thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Stev3n

HSC
N/A
I personally found that multiple choice pretty hard, what answers did everyone get?

how was the exam overall?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Any nasty surprises?

I also encourage good history memes to be posted!.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
WWI: yeh multiple choice was really hard, hardest i had seen. I can't remember my answers at all, and I kinda wanna leave it at that hahahah
National Study: I did USA, and question a was trash, but b was a lot better.
Personality: question a was actual trash, question b was fine though.
Peace and Conflict: I did Indochina for mine. Probably the easiest part of my paper, although was bloody hard to finish as I tried to disagree with the question, incorporate historiography, and then write a conclusion, all with just five minutes left lmao. Got there in the end though lol

brbstudying

HSC
Actually enjoyed it

WWI: I found multiple choice easy. I'm really glad it didn't turn out to be as difficult as Ancient. Also glad that the 10 marker turned out to deduct the "own knowledge" part.
National Study: I did Germany and I'm happy that b) was the role of terror, repression and propaganda because I didn't know anything about option a) (can't remember what it was, but I don't even think I studied it, like at all). This one was enjoyable to write tbh
Personality: It was good. I enjoyed disagreeing with the question about how Albert Speer's positive contributions are overshadowed by his weaknesses :3
Peace and Conflict: I did Conflict in Europe and my gosh did I strike lucky with this question! (option a) This was basically the only dot point I studied the night before/on the morning on the exam, so you don't know how relieved I was to see it as the actual question! God has really been on my side lately haha

While I was pleasantly surprised with my final internal rank - I'm coming 9th, so anywhere within the top 10 range is good enough, I guess it could've been higher, so I'm hoping for this performance to pull up my overall HSC mark.

Frostguard

HSC
Imao all these years they asked for three significant events which shaped our personality and BAM ' DESCRIBE THREE IDEAS AND/OR INDIVIDUALS who shaped your personality ' like the heck how am I supposed to regurgitate my prepared essay NESA :haha:
Multiple choice for WW1 was not easy in my opinion I picked camaraderie and changing tactics for my multiple choice ones - my two other friends picked boredom and trench raids omg
Then national study USA - far out I drowned myself in foreign policy and it wasn't even in the exam omg
Indochina- I mean I studied for Cambodia but that question was like yeah nah no thanks NESA
WW1 and Personality Study were curveballs tbh

goodyg112

HSC
WW1: Pretty happy with it - the 3 mark short answer was a bit rough but other than that pretty good
Germany 1918-1939: Extremely happy - pretty much only studied the question I did - propaganda, terror and repression
Personality - Riefenstahl: Our internal assignment question was three individuals that influenced Riefenstahl's life so pretty much copy and paste, second part was tough considering but mainly argued her success as a film maker was overshadowed by her intrinsic connection with the Nazi Party
Conflict in Europe: Mildly happy - I was hoping for League of nations and Air War but made sure I prepped civilians just in case - managed to address all the points I wanted to so hopefully should do alright.

Pretty stoked I managed to do 8 pages in all three writing sections, although I had 3 pens die on me during the exam

goodyg112

HSC
Multiple choice for WW1 was not easy in my opinion I picked camaraderie and changing tactics for my multiple choice ones - my two other friends picked boredom and trench raids omg
Your answers were the same as mine so im hoping they were correct haha

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
I picked camaraderie as well, what was the changing tactics thing again, don't think I picked that one hahaha

I0I

HSC
I only wrote 3 and a half pages for one of the essays because i ran out of time :(

Did I stuff up, or can i still get a decent mark?

Thx

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I only wrote 3 and a half pages for one of the essays because i ran out of time :(

Did I stuff up, or can i still get a decent mark?

Thx
You may still get a decent mark in the end.

gallen88

HSC
WWI multiple choice was a bit weird for me, other than that the section was good. : )

Russia and the Soviet Union: Probably the best part of the paper for me to be honest, for question 15a. The other one was on Stalin's purges and Show Trials and yeah no thanks... Hahaha.

Personality: Pretty good, very broad but pretty good.

Studies of Peace and Conflict - Indochina: Mmm like WWI probably a weak section for me, I did question a though and once I figured out what to do I was good. RAN OUT OF TIME FOR A CONCLUSION UGH. Oh well. Glad it's over. : )

luco0108

HSC
I thought the exam was pretty easy to be honest.
WWI was pretty easy, the multiple choice were a bit tricky but not too hard overall.
Germany questions were good, I only properly studied Weimar Republic so I answered the question on the impact of the German army on the collapse of Weimar Republic. 2nd question was very good as well but did not study that part of the syllabus as much.
Personality questions were very good, suited Leni Riefenstahl well.
Cold War questions were really good. Wish I knew more about the crises but the detente question was good as well so I answered that.
Overall was pretty straight forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)