• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exams or assignments (1 Viewer)

What do you prefer?

• Exams

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Assignements

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you prefer?

i personally prefer exams because i do better in them

psycho-sami

HSC
hmmmm i don't really no... i don't do very well in exams becasue i don't like exam conditions and with assignments you do get to take them home and work on them.. but usually i chuck it asside and do it last minute.. so yeah i think i prefer assignments....

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Assignments usually take a while and gets really boring. Exams are done really quickly, but being timed is also scary. My marks are similar in assignments and exams. I can't decide >.<"

HSC
Dude this is like the hardest decision ever.
I've got to go with Exams. Exams only last like an hour or something, where an assignment lasts like a couple weeks and takes up after school time.

psycho-sami

HSC
but assignments you can get help from the teacher and friends and internet etc therefore improving your mark.. and getting a good mark means you will go well when the time comes etc etc haha

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
psycho-sami said:
but assignments you can get help from the teacher and friends and internet etc therefore improving your mark.. and getting a good mark means you will go well when the time comes etc etc haha
Yeah I agree. I've been getting quite a lot of good marks in assignments in comparison to exams. With assignments, you can get help from the teacher and friends and the world wide web, especially boredofstudies, but with exams, they get done a lot quicker! but nerves come into play... :(. There are pros and cons for each & different opinions but I reckon assignments =], because there is a longer time limit, compared to exams, which makes it more comforting for me and I can put in a good effort towards assignments.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, I don't get nervous before and during the exams. It's only after the actual exam when I'm waiting for the results that I start to get anxious.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
same with me i absolutely feel no nerves before an exam that is probably why i do better in them

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Exams, only because I usually study for them beforehand and know the content fairly well. Assignments take up too much time and is usually the cause of my late sleeping times. :(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Exams. I have no time management whatsoever with assignments. I always end up cramming.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Exams are better. They are more fun :) Assignments can be pretty boring but they give you less stress

Exams Pro
- more fun
- you can just cram
- satisfaction received after exam is finished
- exams seem 'bigger' in the eyes of parents
- waste time during school doing exams
- very fun when you discuss exam questions with friends
- compare results are fun

Exams Cons
- more competition than assignments
- stressful
- if you get a bad mark, it makes you seem retarded
- some teacher publicly announce exam results
- exams are usually worth more = bad
- can easily screw up

autumn-angel

HSC
I used to do better in exams

NOW i suck!!

so... next up im good at assignments

there is nothing I am good at after that

What really sux is that leadership quailites dont count. Even though i am not that good at studies, the way I talk and project myself makes me look very intelligent in society, my IQ is 146 but doesnt seem like that it is on the markbook.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Exams :D

Even though I stress out, everyone is under the same conditions, time limit etc. With assignments you don't really know the standard because you can't compare to other people therefore you spend ages on it making it the best possible, which is fine because it is easy to get good marks, but takes a lot of time. Exams are just over and done with.
If that made any sense at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)