Excel's "Revise in a Month" Books (1 Viewer)

rachelalyce01

HSC
I'm thinking of buying these books, but they have to be ordered in at my local bookshop, meaning I wont really get to see them before I make the decision to buy them.

I'd be buying these books for three of my subjects - Business Studies, Economics and General Math.

I imagine "Revise in a Month" General Math would be a workbook.

However, I'm unsure what the Business Studies and Economics "Revise in a Month" books would contain.

Has anyone bought them yet (not just for these subjects, but for their own)? What are they like? What sort of things are in them? Would you consider them worth the money? Have they helped you?

Thanks in advance.

conics2008

HSC
to be honest its not worth buying them.. all excel books are crap.. they dont follow the bloody syllabus.. i would recommend you to go to your library use them for about a week.. and see the usefullness of them...

bored of sc

HSC
A sibling of mine had one for PDHPE and they got in the 80's as their HSC mark --> if that gives any reliable indication at all.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I've got the business studies one and its not heaps good- stick to the textbook. The maths ones are good though.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Excel are good for
  • Mathematics (both Prelim and HSC)
  • Mathemaics Extension 1 (both Prelim and HSC)
  • General Mathematics
  • Mathematics Extension 2
  • Physics
  • Some practice papers
I guess peoplel will agree with me on this.

HSC
While they aren't for the HSC syllabus, I have a maths and bio Revise in a Month. I quite like the Bio one, but its very basic, and I don't think I've been using it as its really intended. But the maths one, I find, isn't as helpful as doing past papers because the questions tend to be set out differently and asking different things to textbooks and other study guides. You might percieve this to be helpful, but for me, I would look at other texts.

As Conics2008 said, perhaps go to your library and flick through them if you can, and then decide whether they will help you or not.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I wouldn't recommend anyone to use Excel books for Ancient or Bio. The content in each is so brief and not worth the money!
I would definitely recommend Macquarie and Success One for Bio!

jirwin

HSC
i had one for IPT and General Maths. I thought both were helpful and helped my mark but I wouldn't rely directly on the 'revise in a month' books. My maths teacher actually used the general maths one quite a bit in class during revision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)