Exemption for P platers - best ways?? (1 Viewer)

stollmann

HSC
Does anybody have any ideas on getting exemption here? I have my P's and would like to drive a Volvo XC90 instead of my mum's shitty city car (a Honda Jazz). What is the best way for getting excemption?

My mum owns a company...could I become an employee and say that I need it for work? Would that mean I can drive it anytime or just for work (which I wouldn't do...)

We are thinking of buying a boat...is that a credible premise for getting excemption (for driving the boat around on the trailer I mean) as you need a big car to drive it around? And if would I only be able to drive the car when the trailer is on it?

Thanks for any help and information

Jiga

Well I dont know to much about this, but for starters it does have to be a genuine reason. And secondly, saying you need to tow a boat is NOT an excuse for two reasons, for starters its BS cos your parents can, and secondly you can only tow a trailer on your red p's (if thats what your on) of a weight up to 250kg unloaded (ie trailer weight without boat), if its a reasonable size boat (4.5m +) the trailer weight more.... and if its less than that weight well than you dont need a powerful car to tow it... your screwed either way! If your on your greens, I dont kno what the limit is.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think you should drive the shitty car so you don't endanger yourself, your passengers, and everyone else on the road.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Well I dont know to much about this, but for starters it does have to be a genuine reason. And secondly, saying you need to tow a boat is NOT an excuse for two reasons, for starters its BS cos your parents can, and secondly you can only tow a trailer on your red p's (if thats what your on) of a weight up to 250kg unloaded (ie trailer weight without boat), if its a reasonable size boat (4.5m +) the trailer weight more.... and if its less than that weight well than you dont need a powerful car to tow it... your screwed either way! If your on your greens, I dont kno what the limit is.
i think the trailer weight laws apply for all provisional drivers.

CieL

HSC
What's wrong with the Jazz?

Who cares if it's a shitty car or not, you only need it to get from A to B and since it's a relatively new car it'll do the job fine

Jiga

What's wrong with the Jazz?

Who cares if it's a shitty car or not, you only need it to get from A to B and since it's a relatively new car it'll do the job fine
But Charles and all his other Double Bay friends will be drivin BMW's to Kings College, it will be most embarressing :confused:

CieL

HSC
^ Ahahahha

Ungrateful kids.. he shouldn't even get a car

stollmann

HSC
But Charles and all his other Double Bay friends will be drivin BMW's to Kings College, it will be most embarressing
It has nothin to do with that. Believe me and if you don't tell me and Ill give you a very good reason...

It is because my mother drives around a lot, therefore the car often isnt there whilst the Volvo is parked right across the street, not being used by anyone....

Jiga

It is because my mother drives around a lot, therefore the car often isnt there whilst the Volvo is parked right across the street, not being used by anyone....
Well luckily your not alone, 90% of red p-platers have that very same dilemma.

The solution : Get a job and buy a car :)

EDIT: I dont understand how they let people say a Volvo is a company car, no offence but that is BS why the hell do you need such a $$$ car for a company, even if you need to show some 'prestige' for some reason cheaper cars are just as good.... unless of course she is a Volvo dealer than I will STFU. Same thing happens with government, they are cutting back on people yet a person I know who works for the ATO gets a nice new XR6 each year with all the nice extras. Tell me how the fuck does he need that? The office is in sydney, catch da train! If he really needs one (Which he doesnt! His job doesnt not involve one bit driving around), then base model will do, afterall us tax payers pay for the car and his fuel (Which btw he used for personaly use)

Last edited by a moderator:

stollmann

HSC
I dont see how it is dilemma, rather a problem I would say.

And the Volvo as a company cas is not that unrealistic... Most executives drive BMW 7s and Mercedes S500....etc

I could always be called the CTO...lol, chief technology officer

not sure if it would work

7th Sign

HSC
Their are ways around it but you need a better reason they what you currently have.

CieL

HSC
stollmann said:
It has nothin to do with that. Believe me and if you don't tell me and Ill give you a very good reason...

Well if it's not appearance based, why did you call it a "shitty car"

Besides that, why doesn't your mum drive the volvo and leave you with the honda instead?

Why would a better car be just sitting there?

stollmann

HSC
I don't like it...that's why I called it shitty. I don't like it because I want something more powerful coz i am a bit of an aggressive (but safe enough) driver...

My mum prefers the Honda because she argues that she can't park anywhere with the "bigger" Volvo. I know it might sound stupid, because there are big 4WDs parked everywhere, but well thats my mum...

It's funny how every thread ends up being a discussion about the people in it rather than the issue that was raised at the beginning, not that I mind but its strange

Jiga

And the Volvo as a company cas is not that unrealistic... Most executives drive BMW 7s and Mercedes S500....etc
Im not specifically just saying your mum is the one that does it, Im saying all those fuckers are in the wrong writing $50,000+ cars off on tax when their is no way their jobs requrie it. My ATO friend is a prime example, $50,000 car for someone that does not require it in their job at all and who also uses it for personal use, so we pay for the wear and tear and we pay for his petrol!

My mum prefers the Honda because she argues that she can't park anywhere with the "bigger" Volvo. I know it might sound stupid, because there are big 4WDs parked everywhere, but well thats my mum...
So shes buys a Volvo for the business, and she doesnt even like it. Go figure. Get her to fuck the Volvo off, buy a car she can drive and then you get the Jazz, problem solved.

It's funny how every thread ends up being a discussion about the people in it rather than the issue that was raised at the beginning, not that I mind but its strange
No, people are talking about you cos your greedy...... you want to CHEAT the system because you either dont want to get a job and buy your own car like 99% of the population or because you dont want to drive the brand new honda cos it doesnt have enough 'power', you poor thing a brand new car :rolleyes:. Most people would be content to drive any piece of shit when theyve got their p's.

7th Sign

HSC
both the jazz and the volvo 4wd are shitty.

but the volvo is less shitty, both look kinda weird aswell.

and your idea about you been in your mums business will never work because it has to be a car related business eg "wedding cars" where you will be using the car for the business.

Lex818

HSC
2 ways of going about this issue dude.

a) You can either wait till u bugger off your Ps which will be in 3 yrs and find an alternative car [e.g. convincing ur parents 2 trade-in the volvo]

b) Find a better reason then work. There are many loop holes in the P Plate restriction. I don't want to post any up there and i don't want to promote it. However, they exist and if you desperately want to drive the volvo, i suggest u ask around.

Personally, id deal wif not having the volvo. Tryin to find that loop hole is to time consuming and im a lazy guy :p

stollmann

HSC
and your idea about you been in your mums business will never work because it has to be a car related business eg "wedding cars" where you will be using the car for the business.
What about if I was a salesman for her company and a certain image is required for the company, that means a luxury car is necessary for drivin around doing deliveries and sales??

those fuckers are in the wrong writing $50,000+ cars off on tax when their is no way their jobs requrie it
The argument for that is firstly that a more comfortable environment (ie. luxury car) will ensure that the person has a more relaxing and comfortable ride to work and thus be in a better mood for work and not to tired from the ride. If you had a shitty car as an executive for example the fact that you are annoyed because of the bad car or you a tired and have a bad back from the uncomfortable seats you will not work as effectively as you could if you were wide awake, comfortable and in a good mood. Im not sure what type of extras you make allusion to but it is obvious that a car phone is necessary so as to allow the person being driven (by a chauffer) or driving can do business or government work on the road.

Another example of this is flying. Executives will always fly business of first class because when they land they are less tired because they had a good sleep and so can work better.

The nice cars and flights are also part of the bonus package any executive gets in addition to his salary, its just an extra reward for good work, which is what got you the executive position in the first place.

Don't you have to pay half the tax if you ALSO use the car for personal needs? Because if so that solves the whole problem...

you want to CHEAT the system because you either dont want to get a job and buy your own car like 99% of the population
I don't work because it would have a negative impact on my school results. Working when you are in school unless you really need to is, in my opinion, not a good thing to do unless you do it during the holidays. You might make a few grand a year but you disgard school work to a certain extent and will therefore probably not go as well in your HSC. And a good education in worth millions and not worth endangering for a few grand...

stollmann

HSC
There are many loop holes in the P Plate restriction
You have any hints at all?

JUST ADDING TO THE ABOVE POST:

So shes buys a Volvo for the business, and she doesnt even like it. Go figure. Get her to fuck the Volvo off, buy a car she can drive and then you get the Jazz, problem solved.
She did not buy the Volvo for work... But we could make it sound that way. She bought it because i have 4 brothers and sisters and seven people don't fit into the Jazz. So she bought it for the weekends, if we ever do stuff all together, which isn't often and therefore I want to drive it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)