• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exemption for P platers - best ways?? (1 Viewer)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Damn it man. Yes, I have pulled apart engines - though I hardly find that a prerequisite to knowing how many cylinders the freaking thing has.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline
The BNR32 Skyline debuted in May 1989, beginning the revitalization of the model. This series was available as either a hardtop 2-door or 4-door sedan/saloon. It would feature several potent versions of the RB-series straight-6 engines which had improved heads over the previous version and used the new "ECCS" (electronically concerntrated control system) injection system. Also available were an 1800 cc 4 cylinder GXi model. HICAS four wheel steering was available on most models, with the rear wheels being hydraulically linked to the front steering. The 2.5 litre version became one of the first cars made in Japan to feature a 5 speed automatic transmission. All 2 litre turbo and non turbo versions with automatic transmssions were 4 speed.
You can print that out and stick it on your wall.

EDIT: Before you call people dumbasses and shove websites in their faces, why don't you actually LOOK at the websites you are giving. Below is the site you listed, which also gives the 4 cylinder GXi Model as part of the '89 and '91 Skyline range.
http://www.about-autos.net/specs/1989.5/
http://www.about-autos.net/specs/1991.8/
Well damn, Will. Better go back and pull apart another engine.

Last edited:

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
lol Mr will does know stuff about cars i grant that.
but he blows his mouth off to much

an he just got owned

gna

HSC
7th Sign said:
I didn't have the time to go searching for the image of my car i just did a quick go on google images.

I love it how most of the poeple on here act liek their "family style" cars are the hottest thing on the roads.
fuck you piss me off.

you had a mx6. it's a shit car. seriously....i got extractors and shit like that. wow...zomg and i can't stand ur shitty "deep" dish rims....arghhh

and my fav 1 "i bought MY own car with my OWN money" jeez

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hahaha Mr Will, I think the word is 'owned'. And by a girl too, whoah, not your lucky day.

CieL

HSC
Mr Will said:
http://www.about-autos.net/specs/1994.2/21703/

also look here, or try skylinesaustralia.com

skylines have RB series engines, of which three variations exist:

rb20 - 2.0l inline 6

rb25 - 2.5inline 6

rb26 - 2.6 inline 6

nissans 1.8/2litre 4 cylinder engines are SR series, which have NEVER been in skylines

there are turbo/non turbo variants of each, but ALL of them have six cylinders, count them, six. ive pulled apart skyline engines...have you?
Well there are also rb24 and rb30......... so there's 5 variants in the RB range.

True that the rb series consists of l6 engines, but not all skylines have RB series engines

As the example, the Skyline R32.. they did actually have a four cylinder model (base), and the engine is the CA18(i), this is actually the same engine as the Pintara which originally had its own separate line when the R31 came out

It's not an RB, but it is a Skyline and it did have four cylinders

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
MiuMiu said:
If someone gets a type of engine wrong, don't call them a fucking idiot. Its antisocial, so don't go wondering why people aren't being very nice in return. If you think you know better, kindly correct someone, don't call them a fucking idiot.
Well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)