Exit the King? (1 Viewer)

jazzmuzik

HSC
Absurdist play starring Geoffrey Rush now playing at Belvoir theatre.
Anyone going?

Our drama class is going on wednesday...

jazzmuzik

HSC
I went today and it was great! my first experience of absurd theatre... wasnt at all as "absurd" as i expected. the play was surprisingly moving, and a quite complex balance of comedy and serious emotional ideas...

Geoffrey Rush was bloody brilliant, i tried to be unbiased and not watch through starry struck eyes, but the truth is you couldnt take your eyes off him. his rubber face, yeah really sweet. he reminded me how good some actors can be...

ahhh yes well enough swooning.. anyone else have the pleasure of seeing it?

HSC
DAMN! my experience was truly "exit the king". I had made plans to go and see it... I was one week late! Thus, my plan of seeing mr Rush on home soil, with the founding artisitc director of Company B passed, like many other dreams of mine, without a trace into the netherworld of oblivion.

However, I went to see "The Art Of War" at the STC, "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" at the STC, "Ying Tong: A Walk With The Goons" at the Riverside Theatre, "KEATING!" at the Seymour Centre, "The Gates Of Egypt" at Belvoir St Theatre, "Snugglept & Cuddlepie..." at the Theatre Royal... the list goes on (AND THAT'S JUST FROM JANUARY - JULY 2007!)

I do want to see "Toy Symphony" at Belvoir St Theatre in November, as a kind of "end of HSC" celebration. it stars Richard Roxburgh (Dir. of "Romulus, My Father") and a brilliant actor.

THEATRE IS KING! GEOFFREY RUSH IS KING! NEIL ARMFIELD IS KING!...

jazzmuzik

HSC
hello nice to meet you Drama enthusiast :)
I went to Company B for my work experience in year 10 and I briefly very briefly met neil armfield. (now when i say "met" i really mean.. "neil this is jasmine, who's here on work experience" Neil: "hi. Now if we can just move the giant trojan horse over there...")
Nevertheless i'm a fan. thought youd apprecitae that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)