Explain to me why I shouldn't just make up case studies on the day (1 Viewer)

Davod

HSC
N/A
Pretty much just thread title.

I've learnt all the Qantas stuff in that case study book you can buy, but it's so limited I don't really understand the point in using it at all. I'm fairly confident in my ability to just make up a business on the day so my examples can be tailored 100% to the question, and using that method so far, using a believable name and stats, i've been doing fine in Section 4 (I'm walking in with a 95 internal mark [for authentication, lol]). Moreover, my school's teachers say markers prefer hypotheticals as it shows greater understanding rather than rote ability.

The general consensus on this site, however, seems to be that real case studies are better, and i'd agree that it's better to show some understanding of what really happens outside of the textbook - especially businesses like Qantas being so heavily affected by government, unions and the market, rather than niche small businesses. But, if they really can't tell if i've made it up, what's the point in learning them? Do markers go in with their own agenda on this kind of thing? I don't really back the argument a lot of people on here make about using one case study the whole way through an essay so your examples are less fragmented.

Anyway, i'd appreciate any advice, thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Made up case studies tend to appear to good to be true..

Honestly, no reason why you can't make them up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)