explanation of B scIT +B Bus please (1 Viewer)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
question:

im thinking about doing this course, but i havent done any business related subjects. how hard would it be for me to pick up the info =/

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
It won't be too hard. All of the core business subjects (the first ones you do) assume you have no prior knowledge in the topic area.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Huratio said:
It won't be too hard. All of the core business subjects (the first ones you do) assume you have no prior knowledge in the topic area.
thnx so much!!!
thats awesome =]

another question.
whats the timetable like?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
dwarven said:
thnx so much!!!
thats awesome =]

another question.
whats the timetable like?
You can check out the timetable here on this link:
UTS: Class Timetable - Notice Board

Plug in a couple of first year subjects and see what you get.

Keep in mind.. sometimes you get good timetables and sometimes you get bad ones..

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Huratio said:
You can check out the timetable here on this link:
UTS: Class Timetable - Notice Board

Plug in a couple of first year subjects and see what you get.

Keep in mind.. sometimes you get good timetables and sometimes you get bad ones..
thnx again.

so when do we get to pick the times?
[sorry about the questions]

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
dwarven said:
thnx again.

so when do we get to pick the times?
[sorry about the questions]
For you, it will be enrolment day.
On that day, you will come on-campus and be instructed step-by-step on how to enrol into subjects and also select timetable classes.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Huratio said:
For you, it will be enrolment day.
On that day, you will come on-campus and be instructed step-by-step on how to enrol into subjects and also select timetable classes.
thanx again :D

jonaxiang

HSC
I think i just missed out on B ScIT + B Bus :( but i think i should get the Science In IT. I was just wondering how easy is it to transfer from Science in IT to Science in IT/Business double degree. Would you have to have a lots of credits or distinctions?...Also am I able to apply for transfer after the first semester? I really have an interest in getting into this double degree argh :\...Anyone who has gone through this transfer's experiences would be greatly appreciated as well as links to how the internal transfer process works would be great :)

Last edited:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
jonaxiang said:
I think i just missed out on B ScIT + B Bus :( but i think i should get the Science In IT. I was just wondering how easy is it to transfer from Science in IT to Science in IT/Business double degree. Would you have to have a lots of credits or distinctions?...Also am I able to apply for transfer after the first semester? I really have an interest in getting into this double degree argh :\...Anyone who has gone through this transfer's experiences would be greatly appreciated as well as links to how the internal transfer process works would be great :)

Topic of the month for those of us who want to transfer (as nerdy as it sounds, I want to drop the 'cool' business part of my course... pfeew).

They're looking at a high credit average (say, 70-74%) going from IT into Bus. I can only assume it will be fairly similar to this, though it might be a tad more relaxed (still, the best advice is to do your best... your IT subjects WILL still count, and they WILL be transferred into the double, so regardless of what you end up doing, you'll want to have good marks).

side-note: I BELIEVE that this is an in-faculty transfer because IT & Bus/IT are both FEIT subjects... but don't take this as gospel. If it's not in-faculty, and you're not international, you might need to go through the UAC (again).

As far as I know, you can transfer at the end of any semester (including the first). There have been some "I want to do business, not IT; this is for nerds" type people who have mysteriously vanished from some of my second semester classes, and I doubt they all just left the uni.

farkmedead said:
oh ok i see. thanks
it's nice to know that i will be able to see my friend half thee time AT LEAST even if we choose different majors.
Just make sure you choose the exact same classes (for many subjects, they'll have 3 or 4 classes running at the same time) and this will be extremely likely. My friend and I shared 100% of the first year classes like that.

Last edited:

jonaxiang

HSC
tehpyro said:
Topic of the month for those of us who want to transfer (as nerdy as it sounds, I want to drop the 'cool' business part of my course... pfeew).

They're looking at a high credit average (say, 70-74%) going from IT into Bus. I can only assume it will be fairly similar to this, though it might be a tad more relaxed (still, the best advice is to do your best... your IT subjects WILL still count, and they WILL be transferred into the double, so regardless of what you end up doing, you'll want to have good marks).

side-note: I BELIEVE that this is an in-faculty transfer because IT & Bus/IT are both FEIT subjects... but don't take this as gospel. If it's not in-faculty, and you're not international, you might need to go through the UAC (again).

As far as I know, you can transfer at the end of any semester (including the first). There have been some "I want to do business, not IT; this is for nerds" type people who have mysteriously vanished from some of my second semester classes, and I doubt they all just left the uni.

Just make sure you choose the exact same classes (for many subjects, they'll have 3 or 4 classes running at the same time) and this will be extremely likely. My friend and I shared 100% of the first year classes like that.
Yeah I think Business/IT is in the same faculty as IT which should make the transfer process easier. What do you mean by RELAXED... Does that mean people with 60-65% average have been able to sucessfully transfer over to the double degree?

I'm basically wanting to do the double degreee cause I have a keen interest in both field so yeah. Btw, what made Business part so annoying?:p

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
jonaxiang said:
Yeah I think Business/IT is in the same faculty as IT which should make the transfer process easier. What do you mean by RELAXED... Does that mean people with 60-65% average have been able to sucessfully transfer over to the double degree?

I'm basically wanting to do the double degreee cause I have a keen interest in both field so yeah. Btw, what made Business part so annoying?:p
I'd place it more in 65%+. Credits are still generally good form. Don't worry though, it's not overly difficult to get a credit. Unfortunately I don't know the exact number, but if you've got a decent credit average, and they've opened up enough spots, it shouldn't be a problem even with a mid-credit (we'll say 70%). Trust me, though... if you find IT interesting and apply yourself, it won't be that difficult to do well in your first semester/year.

Business part... well, I didn't enjoy a number of things. Mainly, though, I was finding that I was putting MUCH more effort into Business than IT, but was still receiving worse marks [this is just me, it doesn't mean business is harder for everybody]. That, and I'm no fan of group homework. I know IT has group work occasionally, but business seems to have it a majority of the time.

jonaxiang

HSC
tehpyro said:
I'd place it more in 65%+. Credits are still generally good form. Don't worry though, it's not overly difficult to get a credit. Unfortunately I don't know the exact number, but if you've got a decent credit average, and they've opened up enough spots, it shouldn't be a problem even with a mid-credit (we'll say 70%). Trust me, though... if you find IT interesting and apply yourself, it won't be that difficult to do well in your first semester/year.

Business part... well, I didn't enjoy a number of things. Mainly, though, I was finding that I was putting MUCH more effort into Business than IT, but was still receiving worse marks [this is just me, it doesn't mean business is harder for everybody]. That, and I'm no fan of group homework. I know IT has group work occasionally, but business seems to have it a majority of the time.
Thats good to hear:). Looking at the IT core subjects that need to be taken during first year; 'Programming Fundamentals' looks to be the hardest from looking. Is there any possible way to do this subject in the second semester instead of the first because the UTS handbook has Programming Fundamentals listed on Semester 1 for all the IT majors, or is the handbook timetable on a sample?

Here's the link of what i was talking about : UTS: C10148v4 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - UTS Handbook 2009

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)