EXT HIST scaling.. and how to do well? (1 Viewer)

arghstupidjo

HSC
Ok.. well i need ext hsit because i wanna do twelve units in case i stuff up BAD in my mathematics which i really will stuff up.
Um.. firstly, my teacher is not the best teacher because hes like those 'bludge' teachers that dont really do anyhting but talk about his life throughout class. He doesn't really know the topic well.. and hes been giving the ext history class easy marks.. such as - everybody got 5/5 for proposal and 6/8 for the logbook mark.. (except for one person who got 5.)
Apparently from earlier grades, people were telling me how he marked the majors with easy marks.. and when they walked into the hsc exam room they werent really sure of what to do because they hadn't learned nething in preparation for the HSC.. apparently.. hes a really bad teacher.
but he was tellin my friend that ext hist is a 'self study/self teaching' subject.. you cant really learn from him but u have to learn from urself?
im having doubts about whether i can do this or not.. because im finding deconstructing those sources of histroy difficult and we're supposed to write an essay refering to some sources. But i think i wanna do it, if it helps scale my uai up.. only if i can take it!! ..
do u think i can actually do well in ext hist myself? and is the ext hist scaling good ?><

Lauren_321

HSC
history X scales up like a million. if u think u can do it, u prob should.

but, if ur teacher isnt teaching u anything, it will prob be a bit harder. Have u considered tutoring?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
It's an extension subject, so I think the scaling will be favourable lol.

And you're right, without guidance, it IS a hard subject to advance through. The content can be understood, but you should also have a look at some of the resources here perhaps, to see what you should be advancing towards, with the self-study work.

chooper821

HSC
you seem to be in the same situation as me.. im also curious as to the scaling n such...

angel.cries

HSC
It scales 31.5/50.

25/50 is the average scale so it's scaled considerably higher.

el gwapo

HSC
^ meaning it'll only benefit you if you actually do any good at it - of course that is the whole point of the HSC isn't it..

I did 11 units, pretty shit in maths but my ext hist mark cushioned the fall:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)