Extension 2 dance (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
'Smart dancer' is an oxymoron. Much like 'American Intelligence.'

As for dance theory being harder than Adv. English... I can't really judge, but - go back and repeat Adv. English :p

damn I judged.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I agree, Creative subjctes are a waste of time.

Nice oxymorn there man.

Dancers are dumb.

AmyleaG

HSC
Patar said:
'Smart dancer' is an oxymoron. Much like 'American Intelligence.'

As for dance theory being harder than Adv. English... I can't really judge, but - go back and repeat Adv. English :p

damn I judged.
Yeah see that's the thing, I don't need to. English tends to come a bit more naturally, and unless you do both, don't judge. Why repeat a subject I did well in? If you did do dance and told me you breezed through it, I would accept your argument.

As for calling me dumb, I wouldn't have thought it was up to you to make assumptions of my intelligence based on the fact I dance. For arguments sake, last year, a good percentage of those with a 90+ UAI at my school did dance. Our dux did dance, and my years assessment dux - who will most likely be the overall dux does dance too.

But anyway there's not much point me arguing coz I can see that "Open minded" isn't a word you would use in these forums.

Terlob

HSC
AmyleaG said:
But anyway there's not much point me arguing coz I can see that "Open minded" isn't a word you would use in these forums.
Lol, I've looked at basically every forum and this is the only "subject" that people say shouldn't be included. How many people who study dance go on to be professional dancers? Compare that to how many people who study Legal Studies go on to be solicitors etc. Its not really a base for further studies either, like Maths or English.

AmyleaG

HSC
Terlob said:
Lol, I've looked at basically every forum and this is the only "subject" that people say shouldn't be included. How many people who study dance go on to be professional dancers? Compare that to how many people who study Legal Studies go on to be solicitors etc. Its not really a base for further studies either, like Maths or English.
Are you kidding...You don't become a solicitor from doing legal studies in your HSC. So I've compared it for you... Probably the same percentage of people that do legal studies in the HSC who actually decide to persue a career in law.

Emmmy-lou

HSC
i would have to agree with amyleaG is not as easy as many lead themselves to believe

i don't i could compare it to any other subjects of mine because there totally different i think that any coarse should be given merit for the time and effort out into it (not to mention have to listen to drumming part1 of fallen angels and the 'eep eep' of jardi tancat a thousands times... im sure any dance student can sympathise with me on this =])

i don't care weather its scales me up or down i chose the subject for the love of dance and i can now enjoy dance not only as a hobby or form of entertainment but can appreciate it as an art form.

maddie01

HSC
I chose dance because I love it! Same as I chose my other subjects! Why would I do legal studies and get a crap mark because I don't like it, when I could do dance and get a good mark because I enjoy it?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
You shouldnt judge a subject till you've done it, whether you think its easy or not.

fisho

HSC
Uuuuuuuuh...WTF! WILD TANGENT! :spin: :chainsaw:
This post was initially about 4 unit dance - which by the way i got 96 hsc mark. =) yay
How did everyone else go? (most people do 2 unit - just as hard)
My dance moves were so hard-core that my patella was incinerated by intense friction...i was hospitalised for 2 weeks, and conducted the remainder of the examinations telepathically...
Oh, and i dont agree with one of the lasts posts that said that dance shouldnt be a course in the HSC, dance is for females (and some males - call them gay, but you'll be surprised how many are NOT), so it is meant to broaden the selection of courses. So dont say that it 'shouldn't be in the course selection' when other people might enjoy it.
BTW, school is not a base of intellegence, it is merely an indicator of how dedicated a person is to learning new things and studying. What i mean is that even people who get trades, can potentially be more intelligent than a person who, say, gets a uai of 90 or so. Most people seem to totally ignore that FACT, and as a result, become quite ignorant.

kathrynso

HSC
Wow, when I did dance back in 07, I didn't even hear about extension dance. I guess that's like ext music which my school had.
Well done to everyone who did dance =)

allym

HSC
Is there really such a thing as Extension 2 dance?

I would just like to say to the people exclaiming that 'dancers are dumb' that that is a ridiculous generalisation of the stereotypical dancer.
It's like saying all Asians need glasses, though an extremely bad example.

I personally am doing a few practical subjects, which by no means implies that I am not a smart person. I am also doing extension one and two english, if I choose to do economics or extension latin as my other subjects, and not to peruse a career in accounting or medicine - that is my choice, and you do not need to say that the people choosing to do dance are dumb.

Just as a side comment, I would like to see majority of the people doing extension subjects, doing a triple turn into a tilt, or trying to convey emotion in a creative form. If anything the subject dance shows higher order thinking, because a main part of the course is expressing a subject through dance, which I can tell you, is not easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)