Extension 2 mark if I've done accelerated 2U (1 Viewer)

wagig

HSC
I've heard that doing extension 2 mathematics will cause extension 1 to count as 2 units, and extension 2 to count as another 2 units, and you wouldn't do a 2U advanced exam. So if I've done accelerated 2U advanced and done well in the HSC for it, and am planning on doing extension 2 for year 12, will my 2U advanced mark mean anything to my ATAR since I've actually done and exam, as opposed to those who learnt the content but didn't sit an exam?

fcnxdez

HSC
nup i suggest do well in 2u math . the 2u will count.

Makematics

HSC
nope ur 2u mark is discarded. there are many people who STATE RANK 2U and go on to do 4U. i find this concept absolutely unbelievable! i could contemplate it for years and never understand it... state ranking 2 unit is a 99+ hsc mark for not that much work. doing 4 unit on top of that is so much more work, with a mark below 96 likely.

BagOFyarn

HSC
nope ur 2u mark is discarded. there are many people who STATE RANK 2U and go on to do 4U. i find this concept absolutely unbelievable! i could contemplate it for years and never understand it... state ranking 2 unit is a 99+ hsc mark for not that much work. doing 4 unit on top of that is so much more work, with a mark below 96 likely.
Those students may be very good and have a high 3U mark which they want to double since 3U counts as 2 units to their ATAR whereas if the student only did 2U, this 3U mark would be counted as 1 unit toward their ATAR.

Makematics

HSC
Those students may be very good and have a high 3U mark which they want to double since 3U counts as 2 units to their ATAR whereas if the student only did 2U, this 3U mark would be counted as 1 unit toward their ATAR.
But you have to discard ur 2u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)