extension 2 math (1 Viewer)

lsdpoon1337

HSC
Doing 4U maths is a good advantage for high ATAR. It does not require that much natural ability to do relatively well, i.e. 92+. When my school was calculating UAI estimates after the half-yearly, they said 4U people got automatically 6 aggregates over the 3U people, mainly because 4U people don't suffer from the relatively crappy 2U math scaling. Anyway, if one intends to own HSC 3U math, then they might as well take 4U.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing 4U maths is a good advantage for high ATAR. It does not require that much natural ability to do relatively well, i.e. 92+. When my school was calculating UAI estimates after the half-yearly, they said 4U people got automatically 6 aggregates over the 3U people, mainly because 4U people don't suffer from the relatively crappy 2U math scaling. Anyway, if one intends to own HSC 3U math, then they might as well take 4U.
I don't exactly agree with the first amount of dribble that you wrote... it is quite hard to get 92+ in MX2 and it's difficult in all subjects... things don't come naturally to all people and the majority need to work really hard at it...

But I certainly agree with the last sentence I boldend (hehe, I invented a new word)

carino e lumino

HSC
I herd that in the Netherlands at the equivalent year 9/10 level they do integration!

Also i was working through this typical Chinese high school exam with a chinese student at our school. The exam is given to the equivelent of year 10 students. The first question was "what is the minimum value of ! Compare this to the first school certificate maths question "8.49 + 2.1 = "
yea and in jordan they do extension 1 maths in year 8 lol this guy came to our school and he full got 100 percent in every exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)