Extension 2 so hard :( (1 Viewer)

AbsoluteValue

HSC
I'm doing HSC past papers, questions 7 and 8 are a fucking pain in the ass.
What's the best way to get full marks for questions 7 and 8?
They are application kind of questions mostly, they require complete understanding of the topic, 1-6 are easy.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm doing HSC past papers, questions 7 and 8 are a fucking pain in the ass.
What's the best way to get full marks for questions 7 and 8?
They are application kind of questions mostly, they require complete understanding of the topic, 1-6 are easy.
You don't.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
You don't.
What? that means I don't get 120/120 :(
I will get 90/120 if I don't get full marks for them but I wanna beat my tutor, he got 119/120 :(
Can I just do every single question 7 and 8 in like 50 past papers and hope they have similar questions this year?
The probability once are so confusing, conics and circle geo confusing as well.
:(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't get intimidated and look for 'clues'. Honestly Q7 and 8 isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Sure it can get challenging sometimes but as long as somebody can explain it to you and you understand them, it means it IS within your capabilities.

The question now is whether you're letting the intimidation get the better of you or not.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
Don't get intimidated and look for 'clues'. Honestly Q7 and 8 isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Sure it can get challenging sometimes but as long as somebody can explain it to you and you understand them, it means it IS within your capabilities.

The question now is whether you're letting the intimidation get the better of you or not.
Exactly, when I look at the answer, the question looks very simple but at first it seems impossible to solve and I don't even know where to begin so I think the best way to solve this kind of questions is to have a 100% understanding of the the Extension 2 theory and be exposed to as many question 7-8 questions.
The problem is that if you start solving and you get too deep into it and then you end up with the wrong answer or you realise what you did is entirely wrong, you just have to skip it because of the time limit.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Exactly, when I look at the answer, the question looks very simple but at first it seems impossible to solve and I don't even know here to begin so I think the best way to solve this kind of questions is to have a 100% understanding of the the Extension 2 theory and be exposed to as many question 7-8 questions.
The problem is that if you start solving and you get too deep into it and then you end up with the wrong answer or you realise what you did is entirely wrong, you just have to skip it because of the time limit.
Throw us any Q8 as an example, except 1989 haha because that one was just ridiculous for the HSC.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Doing other stuff for BOS Meat atm. Will try to get back to you later, but my short answer for the mean time is that the 2000 Question is decently difficult and long, but still very do-able if you decompose the question.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
Doing other stuff for BOS Meat atm. Will try to get back to you later, but my short answer for the mean time is that the 2000 Question is decently difficult and long, but still very do-able if you decompose the question.
Take you're time, I'm like half way through the 2000 paper, will try and finish it today.

Mr Slick

Banned
HSC
N/A
What? that means I don't get 120/120 :(
I will get 90/120 if I don't get full marks for them but I wanna beat my tutor, he got 119/120 :(
Can I just do every single question 7 and 8 in like 50 past papers and hope they have similar questions this year?
The probability once are so confusing, conics and circle geo confusing as well.
:(
Asian or indian? :D

AbsoluteValue

HSC
Can you guys have a go at the 2000 HSC paper question 8 part b ??? Carrotsticks is busy today otherwise he would've demolished the question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)