Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

droping subjects

My Subjects are:

Adv. English
Modern History
SDD
Legal Studies
Biology
General Maths

I'm going to drop gen.maths as i feel it has no pupose, my theory is that if you do maths for HSC, you may as well do 2 unit or extention.

Is it true that Gen Maths has a crap scaling? :confused:

btw, I'm also picking up ext. History

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
JamiL said:
dont stress EASY.....
series n sequence is ap or gp... with like S=n/2(2a+(n-1)d) easy shittt
exept it gts harder (not that hard) with time payment
Heh. You're right. I just finished geometric and have the money stuff to go. Pretty good. :thumbs up:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
General maths has pathetic scaling. I think, yes, that if you do maths it should be at least 2u.

I'd probably fail general. All that leaf and box plot and standard deviation stuff makes my head hurt.

skulduggery

Techno rocker
HSC
My subjects:

Advanced English
English extension 1
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Japanese

Oh hi by the way. I'm dropping maths ext...it's hard!

blondynka

im confused with my subjects.. again. all i know is that im definately picking up 4u maths. so in yr12 i should have 4u maths, 2u adv english, chemistry, physics, economics, polish and accounting. still too many units!!!!! im probably dropping economics, but ive been considering dropping chem too coz well.. im not the best at it, and i only chose it coz its prereq for most science courses at uni - but i only recently realised u dont need chem if u wanna do advanced maths or something. :)
so yeah if i drop both then i'll have 12u - which is what i want 2 have - but my school wont let me have less than 10 at school.. even though 2 ppl in yr12 do :S wtf lol. my school is retarded
anyway.. what u guys reckon i should do? oh and is it better if i keep polish (which isnt scaled as high), get >95, or keep chem and get <85?

wisequaker87

HSC
I'm trying to decide whether to do 4unit english, 3 unit maths, senior science, entertainment and music... or 2u english, 4u maths, chemistry, senior science...or sum other mix up of those subjects- any suggestions...or past experiences?

Thanks, L x

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Umm, why would you consider taking 4u english or 2u english? Why not some just 3 units? Personally I love 3 and 4 unit, I hate 2u tho. Plus it's actually easier to get good internal marks than in 2u. :p

If you're good at music do it. I don't really have an opinion on the other subjects, sorry.

wisequaker87

HSC
The reason I'd either do 2u or 4 u english is I don't like the structure or concept of 3unit english, but my teacher thinks i'd be really good at 4 unit... so yeah... Maths i'm pretty sure i'll stick to 3 unit coz I love it, and Chem and senior science are not too bad coz I like science too... entertainment and music are just there to enhance my creative side of the brain... He he... It's all a big confusion to me, there's so much I wanna do and learn !!!

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
mine

4U maths, chem, bio, phys, religion 1, english (Advanced) = 13 units

elif

Im picking up extention history too. so i will have Math, ext Math, Adv English, Modern, Extn History, IPT, Chem, Physics, and 1 unit of religion. = 15.. hmmm , im thinking this is too much, but cant deiced what to drop between IPT and physics, am leening towards physics.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Am considering 4U Maths, dropping 3U English tho every1 tells me not 2...So my potential subjects are:

4U Maths
2U English
Bio
Chem
Music 2

Dayze

HSC
Bio,Geo, SOR1, Mod H, Ext H, Adv English, Gen Maths:, My school doesnt allow people to do two extension's.....eg: Ext Eng and Ext H, does anyone else encounter this at their school either?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Ext. 2 maths has crossed my mind a couple of times but as it stands my subjects will be:

3U Math
4U English
Physics
Chemistry

Dropping Music 2 :(.

Last edited:

Pointy Ears

HSC
I'm dropping 3u maths for sure (I had 'decided' to fail it since the half yrlys) and keeping my ext 1 eng. Have decided to also pick up ext 2 eng and was considering ext history for a while but all the source work that would have to be read in learning 'The history of Historians', like bible extracts etc put me off because my teacher told me it was boring. How nice of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)