Extension English people (1 Viewer)

Valeroso

HSC
Tulipa said:
i'm doin i&s!!

yeah i know, no one else seems to do it... what texts are you doing? i've got p&p, dolls house and browning's poetry.

i'm remarkably chilled about the exam. i have an idea that i can mold for section two and for section one, i feel like i know everything well enough to do reasonably well.

why am i so calm?
I'm unusually calm also. Maybe cause its Saturday! Heh, but I do the Individual and Society also. My texts are 2 poems from Robert Browning's poetry, Pride and Prejudice and my one related text. (I refuse to do that SHIT book "A Portrait of a Lady" - absolutely appalling book). I've got my study notes ready (from the Trials - this should guide me), and I'll learn everything tonight. No one should panic! Don't worry about it! We have 2 days to learn everything! It takes about 1 hour to learn 1 text, and another hour to learn another one, and so on. By the end of it, all will be fine! This is one of the only exams I'm actually looking forward to. :)

05er

HSC
Valeroso said:
I'm unusually calm also. Maybe cause its Saturday! Heh, but I do the Individual and Society also. My texts are 2 poems from Robert Browning's poetry, Pride and Prejudice and my one related text. (I refuse to do that SHIT book "A Portrait of a Lady" - absolutely appalling book). I've got my study notes ready (from the Trials - this should guide me), and I'll learn everything tonight. No one should panic! Don't worry about it! We have 2 days to learn everything! It takes about 1 hour to learn 1 text, and another hour to learn another one, and so on. By the end of it, all will be fine! This is one of the only exams I'm actually looking forward to. :)
Thanks for your help in cheering me up. I was in the dumps about this Q and your reassuring reasoning and sentiment helped me a lot.
As there is no more rep, all I can do is thank you...THANK YOU.

Valeroso

HSC
05er said:
Thanks for your help in cheering me up. I was in the dumps about this Q and your reassuring reasoning and sentiment helped me a lot.
As there is no more rep, all I can do is thank you...THANK YOU.
G'day! No problem at all! Everything will be just fine! Glad I could help and goodluck to us both on Monday ;)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i started watching pride and prejudice.....for like the 10th time at 8pm, still haven't finished, written 4 pages of quotes and techniques. so tedious.....dead tired....

darkroomgirl

HSC
I'm doing Retreat From The Global... I have a basic story idea which is based on this episode I saw on Dr. Phil about some mysterious cult community in America... scary stuff...

If it's an interview or a feature article, I'll be fine to adjust it...

Valeroso

HSC
I prefer Feature Articles or Interviews. That way you don't have to incorporate elements such as having to SHOW the story and not tell it. Wheras in an article, you get to tell it as it is. I'm hoping its a Feature Article!

suhini

HSC
d_a_n_z said:
i would just like to calmly and quietly vent my current thoughts of postmodernism...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DIE YOU STUPID STUPID FOOL!!!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

dshajdhsajkhdo bqw 98brey3,mcjeoiu2093810`99*(&*(&*E@&( (and that phrase, ladies and gentlemen will probably be the most post modern thing i have ever produced. Perhaps taht will be my creative...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i feel your pain, my incompetence at it is shameful. OF ALL THE TOPICS they coulda chosen they chose the one that is THE most difficult to grasp!

im on a hate run

i hate frech lieutenant's woman and all its absurdities and crap. i hate death of the author. i hate authorial intrusion. i hate the film orlando and how HE turns into a SHE half way during the movie and also manages to live for 400 years. i hate self - reflexivity and fluidity and the blurring of boudaries. and i hate alternative endings in books, because it just leads to more analysis of a crap text.

ok hate run is over..

the texts arent as bad as i say they are, but the whole concept of postmodernism is shit. screw theorists and their ways. i shall b glad that it is all over tomoro. and wen it is ALL over on wednesday!!!!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Is it that bad?? Hmm.. I don't like Crime Fiction much, thought I'd rather be doing I&S or Postmodernism.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
I would have loved to do Crime Fiction.....sounds so interesting! I&S is ok, its very repetitive in its themes, meanings and concepts though. Im having a hard time knowing a good related text for it too.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
I would have loved to do Crime Fiction.....sounds so interesting! I&S is ok, its very repetitive in its themes, meanings and concepts though. Im having a hard time knowing a good related text for it too.
Do Lost in Translation. :uhhuh:

tomcats 72

HSC
Crap the extension exam is tomorrow, oh well.
I do cf and it's crap. easy but so boring.....
I can't believe rnitya 25 thought it sounded interesting, it is repetitive and boring!!!!!!
Yay will never have to think about cf after tomorrow

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ahahaha i agree! that's the same thing with I&S...you think its interesting but its actually as boring and as easy as CF.....we're in the same boat no matter what for extension......but soon.....ill be at shore and i can run around as i please! hehhehe....that's a technique!

e_mccaig

Last one!

suhini said:
i feel your pain, my incompetence at it is shameful. OF ALL THE TOPICS they coulda chosen they chose the one that is THE most difficult to grasp!

im on a hate run

i hate frech lieutenant's woman and all its absurdities and crap. i hate death of the author. i hate authorial intrusion. i hate the film orlando and how HE turns into a SHE half way during the movie and also manages to live for 400 years. i hate self - reflexivity and fluidity and the blurring of boudaries. and i hate alternative endings in books, because it just leads to more analysis of a crap text.

ok hate run is over..

the texts arent as bad as i say they are, but the whole concept of postmodernism is shit. screw theorists and their ways. i shall b glad that it is all over tomoro. and wen it is ALL over on wednesday!!!!
Postmodernism is the devil in disguise i can't wait till that exam ends! last one!

tomcats 72

HSC
I hate extension english...........................................
Can't be bothered studyin............................................
i am bored............................................................

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hehehhe i hate it too......its just so boring, so tedious to do work on. i can't be bothered, but i have no choice......:(......FINISH! HURRY UP!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I reckon all subjects are homo on the day before their HSC exam :(

tomcats 72

HSC
yeah, well might learn some quotes if i can be bothered. did you find ext english like ten times easier than advanced?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
yeh its easier than advanced, thats for sure. But for some reason my internal mark for advanced is higher. I was on bloody 98 then after the trials it came down to like 91. like wtf??

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hell yeah tomcats......so much easier. adv has so much work, whereas i've been brrezing thru ext, no probs. *Touch wood*. ext is much easier i must say...and that too with my topic...its better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)