Extension English people (1 Viewer)

tomcats 72

HSC
wish I could get 91 on internal mark lol.
Maybe has something to do with not studyin or doing any practice exams...... unless trials and half yearly's count, then i've done two lol

al_x

short*
HSC
Crime Fiction- RED HERRINGS

My english teacher told us that a person could not be a red herring. However, in a lot of crime fiction texts there is only one red herring, and that is the person who appears to, but in fact didn't, commit the crime. And pretty sure all crime fiction texts have red herrings. So, how can a perosn not be a red herring can anybody clear this up for me?

toddy_

HSC
I agree that ext 1 is so much easier than adv, although that being said, im still worried about the exam tomorrow. it should be fine, but it all comes down to how nice they want to be on the questions.
after the exam im going with a group of friends to see P&P...we are celebrating the end of the individual in society by going to see P&P...its going to be so great

al_x

short*
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
question.....what's red herring?!?!
r u doing crime fiction? A red herring is a false lead in crime fiction. Like in every single episode of CSI or whatever they think they know the guy that did it and so they follow him around harassing him the whole time, and he has motive and opportunity and stuff, but then in the end it turns out that it wasnt him

tomcats 72

HSC
Of course a person can be a red herring if they are an incorrect suspect for example in sbts half the people on the island are suspects but really turn out to be red herrings as the real killer was simon. red herrings refer to clues or suspects that are misleading and do not help to solve the crime.....
hope that helps

tomcats 72

HSC
lol red herring's are just a basic convention of cf..........
see i told you it's boring lol

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hahhhha
hahahhaha.....wait till you hear about individual and society!

SlipStream

HSC
I'm doomed for tomorrow - I'm using the same generic essay that I used in my trials that got me 60%. Simply because I couldn't be screwed writing another one... this freaking HSC bullshit: make it stop!!

tomcats 72

HSC
well maybe you should tell me..... then i will be able to go in their tomorrow and talk about either cf or individual and society lol

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hhahahaha.....its got heaps of themes like uh....the individual and society..(duh!), roles of women, social constructs/constraints, social class structure/hierarchy and stuff like that.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
SlipStream said:
I'm doomed for tomorrow - I'm using the same generic essay that I used in my trials that got me 60%. Simply because I couldn't be screwed writing another one... this freaking HSC bullshit: make it stop!!
lemme tell you something, do you realise that a raw mark of 70% in ext english pulls you up to 90%...no matter what, because its classified as a hard subject and it gets scaled very well. i got 64% in my trials, and if i can get around that mark, i am told i can get high 80's....which is more than i expected, so im just trying to keep up so i don't stuff up.

tomcats 72

HSC
ok might leave that one to you lol
wats the best way to procrastinate the day before the english extension exam.....
got any interestin suggestions?

SlipStream

HSC
tomcats 72 said:
wats the best way to procrastinate the day before the english extension exam.....
Come onto BoS and post about how we're procrastinating. :p

BTW you don't wanna know about I&S... CF is a godsend in comparison!

tomcats 72

HSC
only good thing about cf is that it's easy and there are so many ort's for it lol....
oh by the way don't worry i'm screwed to except i got 42/50 for my trials, except have'nt done any study since lol

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
tomcats 72 said:
Procrastinating by asking what the best way to procrastinate is, is the best form of procrastination!

well done! U r officially procrastinating, and so am I because i havnt touched english extension ever since the trials!!!...Studying Physics and chemistry beats english anyday....I think!?

tomcats 72

HSC
lol....
chem and physics, i couldn't think of anyhting worse than studying science subjects.... yuck.
All though must admit that studying for english is crap.
Why do we need language anyway? most of the stuff that comes out of peoples mouths is just a load of senseless crap anyway!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
tomcats 42/50......that's bloody awesome! wat you complaing about!

tomcats 72

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
tomcats 42/50......that's bloody awesome! wat you complaing about!
I only got that mark cause I suck up, it has nothing to do with my ability lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)