Extension English (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,
Does anybody do extension english?
if so, what are you studying? we're doing fairy tales and just finished the pygmalion myth and i was wondering what other schools are doing:bomb:

dandel26

HSC
Did fairy tales in yr 11, had no idea what was going on. For some stupid reason they put on a uni graduate to teach extension. Thankfully yr 12 extension is heaps better with a better teacher

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
We have 3 eng ext classes, My Class is doing Realism for the entire prelim course so is another and the third is doing satire.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Yeah we're doing fairytales now. We did the Pygmalion myth as well, although it seems to be coinciding with fairytales still.

HSC
We're doing the nature of evil, we've studied:

Heart of Darkness (novel...Joseph Conrad)
Apocalypse Now (film...Francis Coppola)
The Hollow Men (poem...T.S Eliot)

We're doing the crucible next

w00dy.

HSC
we have done:
pygmalion (my fair lady, pretty women, and the pygmalion play by Shaw)
and have just completed fairytales (the company of wolves- angela carter, little red riding hood - numerous versions)

next; we get to do a mini project set out similarly like the major one for ext 2, so we can get a 'taste' of whats yet to come next year

Erin-Louise123

HSC
Hey yeah i do Extension English i love it its my fave subject lol. We did fairytales for the first half of the year we had to like choose a fairytale to study then rewrite our own version, set in 2006. It was heaps cool i did the 3 little pigs and had heaps of fun writing my own version!:)

We just started looking at Satire and we watched the movie Gulliver's Travels. I'm finding it so interesting I feel like i was ripped off as a kid cuz i wasnt told the full story lol.:ninja:

HSC
were doing "utopia - a perfect world"
we did utopia by thomas more and now we're doing gattaca
i think after that we're doing farenheit 451.. so yeah..

mickoz

HSC
did 'Rites of Passage' in Term 1 (novel was Johnno by David Malouf [not recommended]), now doing the Gothic genre w/ "Frankenstein" of course.

Sofstar

HSC
passion89 said:
Heyyyyy how come noone's doing utopian/dystopian literature...that was the besssssssssssst!
Hahahaha. We're doing that! Read Utopia by Thomas Moore, abit of Genesis and watched The Beach. I thought it was weird when i heard that we're doing the one topic all year. Very odd.

HSC
Wooz said:
We have 3 eng ext classes, My Class is doing Realism for the entire prelim course so is another and the third is doing satire.
How many people do extension english in your school? At my school we have just the one class and we have 8 students doing it! Is your school really selective for the subject or will they let anybody do it? My school only let you in if you got band 5 or 6 in the school certificate.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
My schools selective we have 70 people doing eng ext, approx half the grade(the non-asian half of the grade, well except for me) jks, lol. Yeah they let anyone do ext, they also encourage studends to do it by putting it on normal subject lines and within normal school hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)