Extension History '08 (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
After watching Pirates of the Carribean this year, I was also interested in doing Pirates as well :uhhuh:

spence

HSC
Just a word of advice regarding your major works, things like the holocaust have been done a lot, and your teachers have probably seen their fair share of them, so if you do something like that, try to take a different approach to what others did. Also, anyone thinking of doing Che Guevara, it is like the most overdone topic ever, so many people have done it. In case you were wondering, I did the death of Philip II of Macedon

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
theres like 6 kids in my class lol.. very quiet.. we have to stay at skool for an extra hr and a half! oO" curse you time table!

im just wondering.. does anybody have any good ideas/topics for the major project.. my extension teacher (i have 15 periods with the guy!! .. legal studies, ancient history and ext history!) has suggested a few.. john f kennedy, man on the moon controversy, something about the holocaust.. but i dunnos.. they all dont seem to interest me at all.. well maybe the holocaust, but how should i turn it into an interesting major project question?

advanced english, mathematics, mathematics extension, ancient history, extension history, biology, legal studies -- uai roughly.. 95 PLEASE! :)

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Why are your proposals due so early? Ours weren't due until week 3 of Term 1 2006.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't know, but it gives us time during the summer holidays to clearly focus on the proposal we've come up with and to research it.

Our actual MW is due Term 2 next year (I think).

emilee.kime

HSC
there are about 7 in my class. held in our normal sport time.
i really hav eno idea what to do for my major.
thrying to get some preliminary research today.
proposal due week 6.
:worried:

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
cindiirella said:
well i know i'm doing the bush legend. i hope its not really boring. our teacher said she didn't want to lean towards modern or ancient history, so no one would be better than the other.
I did and its actually not that bad.... when my teacher told me what we were doing i nearly killed myself but it has actually been pretty good.
its god as well because it has contextually relavant... keep an eye on the historian Windschuttle - he is involved with Howard and makes for a pretty amusing read at times.
the only hard thing was that no else did it so i didnt have people to tak to much - if you need any help i have heaps of notes and summaries etc.

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
CVHS08.KLE said:
theres like 6 kids in my class lol.. very quiet.. we have to stay at skool for an extra hr and a half! oO" curse you time table!

im just wondering.. does anybody have any good ideas/topics for the major project.. my extension teacher (i have 15 periods with the guy!! .. legal studies, ancient history and ext history!) has suggested a few.. john f kennedy, man on the moon controversy, something about the holocaust.. but i dunnos.. they all dont seem to interest me at all.. well maybe the holocaust, but how should i turn it into an interesting major project question?

advanced english, mathematics, mathematics extension, ancient history, extension history, biology, legal studies -- uai roughly.. 95 PLEASE! :)
holocuast is way over done and jfk is a case study. Do something your interested in because you will be able to sustain your interest better - research can get pretty monotonous at times particularly if your not to interested. if your an ancient kid maybe think about something ancient.
remember you have to include elements of historiography as well.
i did the lack of reporting of the rape of women in the bosnia genocide - it was good coz it worked with my legal world order topic

RockStar23

HSC
Triangulum said:
Why are your proposals due so early? Ours weren't due until week 3 of Term 1 2006.
We have to do an oral proposal/interview (week 9) as well as handing in a 'final' written proposal on 20th December. :eek:

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
rositamadeline said:
holocuast is way over done and jfk is a case study. Do something your interested in because you will be able to sustain your interest better - research can get pretty monotonous at times particularly if your not to interested. if your an ancient kid maybe think about something ancient.
remember you have to include elements of historiography as well.
i did the lack of reporting of the rape of women in the bosnia genocide - it was good coz it worked with my legal world order topic
hmmm overdone? i was really leaning towards it.. nawhh.. i just asked my teacher today about doin the holocaust and he said it was a good one.. well in comparison to man on the moon controversy.. but even if it's overdone.. it wouldnt really matter would it? isn't it marked internally.. so as long as im the only one doing it in my class, it should be fine right (i noe it doesnt matter how many people do it.. i just dont want my work to be compared with any other in my class.. ><" ) :confused: lol don't laugh at this question but the actual HSC isn't based on your major project is it? .. if thats the case, then i wont do the holocaust because as you said, its over done.. which means heaps of kids in sydney would do it.. higher expectations and wat a bore to the examiners!

do you (or anybody) know of any other good topics.. preferably ancient? im intrested in bloody battles, extreme maltreatment and gruesome stuff! LOL! :( its just intriguing how mankind can slaughter one another so such horrible (yet creative) ways.. so any ideas with something along those lines would be of extreme help :) lol, and NO i am not sadistic!

proposal due week 7.. 3 weeks left!
and thanks heaps for the help :)

Last edited:

Chowder

HSC
We're doing Elizabeth I or women Convicts~ yet to be decided =]

We only have 6 in our class but apparently thats a lot =S

For the Major work i was thinking of doing Vlad the Impaler, Salem Witch hunts or Nelson Mandela

anyone else scared with their major work ><

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I sooo wanted to do Elizabeth I and The Elizabethan Age but my teacher decided to steer away from that topic and the JFK topic because it was apparently too common.
So we're still in the process of deciding which topic to do :/
I wouldn't mind doing Napoleon.
I think 6 students in a class is fine, we have about 15 in our class.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We have 2 :)

Doing von Ranke now for What is History?

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
CVHS08.KLE said:
do you (or anybody) know of any other good topics.. preferably ancient? im intrested in bloody battles, extreme maltreatment and gruesome stuff! LOL! :( its just intriguing how mankind can slaughter one another so such horrible (yet creative) ways.. so any ideas with something along those lines would be of extreme help :) lol, and NO i am not sadistic!

Well what are your topics for ancient?
The [SIZE=-1]Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra 371BC is an awesome choice if it isnt your choosen topic for ancient societies and if your a 300 fan this is the perfect topic! :)
[/SIZE]

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Chowder said:
We're doing Elizabeth I or women Convicts~ yet to be decided =]

We only have 6 in our class but apparently thats a lot =S

For the Major work i was thinking of doing Vlad the Impaler, Salem Witch hunts or Nelson Mandela

anyone else scared with their major work ><

You really shouldn't be able to do Nelson Mandela as he is one of the topics specified on the Modern History syllabus.

The Extension History syllabus does say that you can't do any topic that overlaps any examinable syllabus in Years 10 and 12, not just what you are studying at your school.

One of the students at our school did Vlad the Impaler this year and had some difficulty getting sources but did a reasonable job on it.

What I advice my kids who are having trouble making up their minds to to make a mind map of their interests (not just history) and then make a list of history type things associated with their interests e.g. if your interest was sports then maybe you would like to look at a topic related to that e.g. the boycott of the 1980 and 1984 Olympic Games.

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
hehe okays =] i'll check that out.. lol my knowledge of history is soooooo narrow xD whats ur topic?

bling05

HSC
Kujah said:
MW closing in on the controversy on the bombing of Dresden. Sent David Irving an email and got a reply 20 minutes later :confused:
Bahaha David Irving, a very credible source :rofl::rofl:

bling05

HSC
CVHS08.KLE said:
hmmm overdone? i was really leaning towards it.. nawhh.. i just asked my teacher today about doin the holocaust and he said it was a good one.. well in comparison to man on the moon controversy.. but even if it's overdone.. it wouldnt really matter would it? isn't it marked internally.. so as long as im the only one doing it in my class, it should be fine right (i noe it doesnt matter how many people do it.. i just dont want my work to be compared with any other in my class.. ><" ) :confused: lol don't laugh at this question but the actual HSC isn't based on your major project is it? .. if thats the case, then i wont do the holocaust because as you said, its over done.. which means heaps of kids in sydney would do it.. higher expectations and wat a bore to the examiners!

The HSC isn't based on your major work, and as the major work is marked internally, if you're the only one doing the Holocaust in your class it should be fine.

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
ame2530 said:
Hmmmm. im pretty sure we are doing Convict women.. *oh yay*
my major work proposal might be CiXi... but i dont know if its been too over done in past years... or Mao Tse Tung.

Gotta love asian history =]
Hardly anyone does convict women in NSW and it's not as dull as it sounds. Make sure you read 'Real Matilda' and 'Damned whores and gods police'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)