Extra 5 UAI points? (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
i dont think if u get youth allowance they'll give it to you though...
Yep can get consideration if u get youth allowance.....i no this because i have the EAS Booklet here in my hot lil hands.

its 5 per category..
Sorry, but im going to have to disagree on that.....once again!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
Yep can get consideration if u get youth allowance.....i no this because i have the EAS Booklet here in my hot lil hands.

:D but wouldnt it be hard? coz theres a few strains of youth allowance.. like the ones who wholey rely on it and one that get say 10 bucks a fortnight..

blue_chameleon

HSC
but wouldnt it be hard?
No its not "hard". The only situation where u would get consideration for having Youth Allowance is if you get the highest payments of youth allowance available.

TastesGoodBut

trust me, i know sum1 that was able to do commerce with a UAI of just above 80 because they came from aboriginal background, had recent family death and had state sporting commitments that affected his studies

and he didnt get a scholarship for sport if thats what ur thinking

blue_chameleon

HSC
trust me, i know sum1 that was able to do commerce with a UAI of just above 80 because they came from aboriginal background, had recent family death and had state sporting commitments that affected his studies
This is another situation that proves that you are able to get consideration for more than 5 points.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
thatz crazy, about 10 ppl in my yr applyed and 2 of them got acepted
1 of them i knew needed it cause she had some deaths in her life but the other guy just fudged his application so he could be part of the crowd
what a dumbass
knowing him but he would stuff up this oopotunity anyways

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
thatz crazy, about 10 ppl in my yr applyed and 2 of them got acepted
1 of them i knew needed it cause she had some deaths in her life but the other guy just fudged his application so he could be part of the crowd
what a dumbass
knowing him but he would stuff up this oopotunity anyways
yeah, they have rigorous acceptance criteria for all the types of disadvantage- except if your skool is disadvantaged. i mean, my whole year got disadvantage bcoz of our skool...so yeah. :eek:

sweetiee94

You can get an extra UAI points for changing schools in year 12 and/or yr 11. It's in the EAS form as a educational disadvantage, but your 2 late now it was due in on 30th september with back up letters and details of your disadvantage. Every school was meant to inform you of this. Ive applied myself for a rural schooling disadvantage. I hope u have already applied because it's definately worth it! Goodluck

Benjamin

WOOT! I validly applied for 4 disadvantage points that where listend in table 2 (EAS)

TastesGoodBut said:
its 5 per category..

so if u are really misfortune... sorry... but welcome to Law...=p
Hey, I realy do hope so! :)

I applied for 4 points though there where 6 advantages I could have written down, though I wanted to make the 4 points realy strong so I included the family member being physicaly abused and criminal presedings in one point. I realy tried extremely hard this year and the death a family member and Criminal Proceedings against the person who hurt my family member (diffrent family member than the one that died).

I aplied for

*Deliberate Destraction of family members/medical ilness -

Both my Brother and sister have severe Autism, which makes them go absolutely off their proverbial nut if anything is not exactly how they want it. And this continues for HOURS, some times days over something as little as the Telletubies being replaced by the Tennis one day. So Basicly It is an abosolute nightmare to study in that kind of environment. And trust me they have been screaming, banging on walls.ect for years so they can scream for HOURS.

*Lost of Family member in the 3rd quater of the year-

My family member went though times of Stroke, heart attack and eventualy diagnosis of lung cancer with the period of my year 11 and 12 courses.

*I applied for prolonged illness-

The stress of the fore mentioned events and the general HSC stress made me physicaly sick for a period of 6-8 weeks in an assesment period, which lead up to my HSC Trials, and also lead me to miss lessons of Advanced English which delt with Pearson's Adress in the Module C:'speeches'

and lastly I aplied for:

*Criminal proceedings-

My neighbour got drunk one night and decided to take a metal object to my fathers head. He wasnt seriously hurt, but his head was opened by the blow. I had to be a Witness in court against the guy. He threatened my family with Mafia retrebution and the likeness...... It was increidbly stressful. The event occured in January and continued for 6 months of Court precedings.

I realy hope I get adequately compensated, as you can tell by those pot points I listed, It was hard and many of them also double as a disadvantage for a catagory I didnt include.

I would be EXTREMELY happy with 10-15 marks compensation. That would be awesome.

Despite my disadvantages, I tried my absolute best all year and I think I did great!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hopefuly It will all be good!!!!! :)

God Bless you all and good luck in your HSC and I hope you all get the marks you need, especialy the EAS marks you need,

-Benjamin Graham

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure they do not consider you on the basis of 5 extra uai points for ever disadvantage you list. You may be eligable for special consideration if you have been exceptionally disadvantaged.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont think it changes ur uai i just think unis might accept you with a lower uai than the cutoff= sometimes people get a 5 point allowance which is quite nice

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
i dont think it changes ur uai i just think unis might accept you with a lower uai than the cutoff= sometimes people get a 5 point allowance which is quite nice
Yes your UAI does not actually increase, but if you are under the cut off and just under it by a specified amount of points then you will be considered against all other people who are eligible and compete with them for the amount of spots that the uni has allocated for EAS candidates

theone123

blue essence
HSC
lukebennett said:
it is increasely not happening these days

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
i heard if i go to a local uni i get 4 regional uais is this true.... (as in newcastle)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
theone123 said:
it is increasely not happening these days
yeah i know. a couple of years ago it was though. a friend of mine and her friends got in with uais upto 5 points under the cut off but mostly for the orange campus for usyd

delz

HSC
Extra 5 UAI Points

I heard you get an extra 5 UAI points if u go to a local uni this is what happens if you go to Southern cross University in Lismore

Scanorama

HSC
Another other example would be University of Wollongong. I heard they give an extra 3 UAI points for all schools located at The Mighty Sutherland Shire, Wollongong, Kiama and Shoalhaven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)