Eye Make-up (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
What colours would suit a black dress with red accessories? I have brown eyes and have been told to use brown and light pink, but I'm a bit :S about it? Red's been suggested too, but I can't picture it. :(

HSC
N/A
How about red lipstick and not much on the eyes. Some mascara and eyeliner. Maybe a smokey eye and neutral lips.

Lori.

HSC
Red around your eyes looks sick, definately dont do that :/
I'd say either just brown, or black

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I agree with the above. Maybe a bit of black but not too much.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
black tends to looks more slutty than good (unless you want to get a pro job)

i'd say brown...it works really well with me (brown eyes, lighter skin). i dont really wear any other colour than a brown blend (brown, gold-y brown, with a little bit of white ontop sometimes)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I had this dilemma a little while ago. I have a black dress in which I wear red accessories, and I also own 3 different red dresses (with various other colours mixed with it such as white and blue). Red on the eyes is a no-go zone. You can smudge a light black, but only the professionals can get away with doing it perfectly (no offence).

I ended up doing what the apprentice said and wore red lip-stick (make sure it matches ur red accessories), foundation, eyeliner and just a small amount of gold above my eye-lids. Works well when you also wear a gold piece of jewellery, say a necklace?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i reckon the smoky eye look, but with greys.

this looks hot:

its not going to clash with the red. and looks nice with the black dress.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Shell said:

this looks hot:

looks good...but it mightn't be THAT easy to pull off well. i tend to stay away from smokey looks in the fear of looking more like i've been punched in the face

Skeeta

HSC
if she knows how her face and makeup works, she should be fine

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Shell said:

this looks hot:

phwaor! that's hawt! i only wish I had the talents to pull that off.

threadstarter: if you can make it work, definitely go for the smokey eyes

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
grk_styl said:
phwaor! that's hawt! i only wish I had the talents to pull that off.

threadstarter: if you can make it work, definitely go for the smokey eyes
it's actually really not that hard.

the bottom lid is, but using primer and loose powder on the top lids looks great and is really easy to apply.

karoooh

HSC
Thanks for the input! Would it be advisable though to use black/dark smokey eyes on small eyes? If not, could it be achieved with other variations of colour?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
karoooh said:
Thanks for the input! Would it be advisable though to use black/dark smokey eyes on small eyes? If not, could it be achieved with other variations of colour?
nope, black/smoky makeup makes eyes look smaller and squinty.

grey and brown work well, i've got the same problem so i use a light charcoal/silver shimmer to get a similar effect.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
The only reason that someone would find it hard to apply eye makeup is if they didn't hav e the right brushes.

I have a Napoleon pack of brushes that I got as a gift (so I don't know how much they are...) and since then, smokey eyes have been really easy.

So invest in brushes, I don't think they'd be over $50. (and if they are, then I have a generous friend :))

HSC
N/A
Good brushes are heaps expensive...upwards of $100. About $200-$300 even. One foundation brush from Napoleon is $56 alone.

I'd go red lips and nude eyes with some mascara or something, if you have smaller eyes. Maybe some brightening eyeshadow to open up your eyes.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
if you have small eyes then use white eyeliner and/or a light silvery eyeshadow with mascara and it'll open up your eyes. :)

*hopeful*

HSC
fuck white eyeliner makes me look like an alien and its supposed to help small eyes look bigger

what else is there ?

brookelyn-j

HSC
ok... you can go red lips and nude eyes (so maybe a little bit of white eyeshadow, and mascara) or you could go a smokey eye with nude lips....

you said your eyes are small right...then i would avoid smokey eyes...makes them look smaller.... another option is bronze and gold on your eyes, as it makes brown eyes stand out... but id go with the red lipstick idea... good luck either way:)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
brookelyn-j said:
ok... you can go red lips and nude eyes (so maybe a little bit of white eyeshadow, and mascara) or you could go a smokey eye with nude lips....

you said your eyes are small right...then i would avoid smokey eyes...makes them look smaller.... another option is bronze and gold on your eyes, as it makes brown eyes stand out... but id go with the red lipstick idea... good luck either way:)
um, the smokey eye can be done in bronze and gold.

and to avoid the alien-ness of the white eyeshadow/liner, just put some in the very inner corners of your eyes to open them up and make them appear bigger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)