"F*CK this shit" Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you put in just a few hours of effective study a day. Say 1 hour in the morning one in the Arvo and one in the evening you can still do quite well

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, my physical body is starting to say 'eff this shit' more than my mind.

Countless hours of sleep debt accumulated since start of Year 12.

Sleep deprivation getting worse and worse.

Maybe it's cause I have 12 units, despite being incapable of studying for hours and hours and hours without ANY distractions. Coupled with morning classes and long travel.

Some days, I just go home and sleep straight away until the next day because I slept too late the night before (my body just can't handle lack of sleep...). My parents even ask ''Are you THAT tired?''

Then I feel guilty of doing no work that night when the next day comes.

Despite it all, goals need to be achieved and only work can help you achieve them.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, my physical body is starting to say 'eff this shit' more than my mind.

Countless hours of sleep debt accumulated since start of Year 12.

Sleep deprivation getting worse and worse.

Maybe it's cause I have 12 units, despite being incapable of studying for hours and hours and hours without ANY distractions. Coupled with morning classes and long travel.

Some days, I just go home and sleep straight away until the next day because I slept too late the night before (my body just can't handle lack of sleep...). My parents even ask ''Are you THAT tired?''

Then I feel guilty of doing no work that night when the next day comes.

Despite it all, goals need to be achieved and only work can help you achieve them.
yep

Fawun

Queen
HSC
pretty much what the title says.
espesh after hylies and shit

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys who are complaining about the hsc, just wait for UNi. UNi will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You guys who are complaining about the hsc, just wait for UNi. UNi will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!
You guys who are complaining about uni, just wait for work. Work will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!

Kostie100

HSC

Harden up!
Really? Most people that I know say it's much easier and less work than year 12. Especially if you are doing just 3 days a week. I know some degrees such as engineering require more work than school but I hear most are not like that.

iBibah

HSC

Harden up!
That's what annoys me about some uni people, they seem to downplay the stress of the HSC just because they made it to uni and it's harder there, when this time last year they were complaining about it just as much if not more. You really have no right to compare uni students to high school students as this is the first major academic year in most of our lives. It's like a year 9 kid saying to a year 8 kid, "you think your maths is hard, pfft it's nothing, wait until you hit year 9".

It's all relative; compared to an average high school student's life experiences, the HSC can be pretty damn hard and stressful at times.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd honestly say it's pretty normal to have those "I'm over the HSC" phases of reduced motivation and productivity. It's all about managing it. Don't completely slack off, but do a little. Make use of your productive times well. Do ensure you have guilt free times to do other things where you are not thinking and feeling guilty for not studying. Sport, volunteer work, watching the latest Dance Moms...you always need something to unwind too. Also it can be good self bribery or short term motivation. Let's face it, the long term logical sense of wanting to get into your uni course doesn't curb that little impulsive part of your brain that wants to waste time on Facebook and the like...so it's good to try and bribe that part of your brain into submission, by like "hey if I finish this maths past paper, I'll go take the dog for a walk and chillax for a bit etc."

Also I find that stress tends to strike students more that haven't been managing and keeping a somewhat balanced study pattern in the year. As I went overseas during yr 12, I was forced to be pretty on top of my work before I left etc.

And as I was pretty good at managing at yr 12, but I must confess I am worse at procrastinating in uni. I think it's because you don't have one class daily and it can encourage a cycle of putting work off. But basically underlines how important self motivation always is in life. In HSC you need to intrinsically motivate, not trying to beat X person or please your parents etc., it's good training for uni.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Harden up!
ur HSC year was all fun and games right? no stressful times, phases of a lack motivation, times where u felt u just couldn't be bothered anymore?
ofc not, ur a hektik Uni student after all

Examine

same
HSC

Harden up!
>tells people to harden up
>complains about uni

such a great example of alliteration by the HSC master

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
That's what annoys me about some uni people, they seem to downplay the stress of the HSC just because they made it to uni and it's harder there, when this time last year they were complaining about it just as much if not more. You really have no right to compare uni students to high school students as this is the first major academic year in most of our lives. It's like a year 9 kid saying to a year 8 kid, "you think your maths is hard, pfft it's nothing, wait until you hit year 9".

It's all relative; compared to an average high school student's life experiences, the HSC can be pretty damn hard and stressful at times.
From what i remember last year, he was stressed as fuck as well lol. As said its all relative, people working would laugh at you saying uni is tough.

Live

HSC
I think HSC is fun lol.. I don't really see why people stress over it.

But then again I'm not doing any challenging subjects like 4unit maths or extension 2 english or extension 2 history or astronautics or quantim physics or rocket engineering etc

So I probably have no say in this.

meh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)