F.e.a.r (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
ReaveR said:
I lowered the performance settings and it stopped doing this.
Which settings did you lower? GAH, hate lowering settings. Hate sounding like an arrogant uncompromising prick.. but I can't deny the fact that I'm a graphics whore :(

I found the stuttering was alot worse when I had already ran a few programs and then ran F.E.A.R.. hence I thought it might have been a RAM issue. Maybe I'll jack it down to 8*6 res and see how that goes.. I'd still prefer to leave all the hardware features eyecandy on max. :/

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
hmm it just crashed to desktop... im gonna take that as a no it will not work

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I installed it on my laptop and it took about 5-10 minutes to load the game after clicking New Game.
"If you can run HL2 then you can run this" hah.
I run HL2 on my laptop as well and it goes well and looks excellent. With FEAR I've had everything on Medium and it was still giving me a terrible FPS. Plus it looked shit. I'll give it another go soon but the loading time really turned me off.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I played the demo..at the dead of night with no lights and "that" bit freaked me out a bit..didnt expect that.

The game looks sweet though...im on 1024, with everything on Medium (2xAA and 8xAF from desktop settings) and framerates are good.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Might go grab it today finally.. WOO. Btw the F.E.A.R Soft Shadows suck.. I think I'm just gonna turn that off. And keep textures on Medium and just run it on 10*7. Hate sounding cocky but under 40fps for a FPS kinda annoys me, it's like it kills the fluidity and immersion of the game a bit when you're in a firefight and the noticable frames difference start jumping in. I really really do wish I had 2GB of RAM too, now.

Götterfunken

HSC
Scary games, um, scare me. I played doom 3 for like ten minutes before I quit. And I loved Half-Life 2, except Ravenholm squeed me. And so did parts of the prision, whatever it's called.

I was wondering if F.E.A.Rs worth the download/buying (piracy is bad! ;)).

Collin

HSC
N/A
I dunno about others, but F.E.A.R scares the crap outta me compared to Doom 3. Doom 3 is mainly about monsters jumping out of darkness for 'shocks'. In my opinion it's more like a thriller than of course it gets dull after awhile. F.E.A.R has a rather atmospherically done supernatural theme surrounding it.. where after brutal exhausting firefights there are entire areas of tranquility.. which helps to build up a chilling feeling since you don't know what's gonna pop out but you know something is up. And in this game you always feel like you're being watched. One centerpiece of the game's supernatural theme is a little girl called 'Alma'. Without going into too much detail, it's like the girl in The Ring. At one stage in the game you're with America's top Delta Squad about to infiltrate a complex. You're instructed off to open the gate. As you make your way back to the squad, you get muffed transmissions from your comrades that there's some skirmish going on but you can't really hear any firing of guns. When you get back to meet your men a few moments later, you find them in bloodied skeletal forms laying on the ground in a gore of a mess. You also see a little girl's bloody footprints 'approaching' them a few metres away. Also sometimes when you're playing.. stuff happens like random tiles start to fall off the walls surround you, the lights flicker and then suddenly the screen blinks with an image of a mutilated dead body's face.. etc. The game really plays with your head. Doom 3 was a fun game, however I didn't find it that scary. However playing this game with the lights out nearly made me pee my pants.. and I'm only less than an hour through the single-player. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Alma scares me. You move down a ladder and she's on top, looking at you. *shudder*
Yeh that was some freaky shit.. you think that bits over and as soon as you get off the ladder you have Paxton Fettel right next to your face and I thought that was enough to give me a semi heart attack. :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ahaha awesome
I love horror movies and have been waiting so dearly long to get those "freaky" moments in a pc game

KoeN

Götterfunken said:
hehe, then from the sounds of it i would be scaried terrified. pity though, it looks like a good game.
yeah man, i get freaked out fairly easily, but i was fine with DOOM3 and HL2. However, we finished F.E.A.R the other day and it scared the SHIT out of me, lol! Alma is such a freaky biatche! especially the last sequence, when she..... *OK NO MORE SPOLIERS I PROMISE*

lets just say i was laughing/crying at how good this game is

The Alma explosion sequence near the start of the game blew my MIND!

This game has the best plot EVER, MUCH better than the hl or doom series! The dream sequences are really freaky

QUICKLY! More people finish the game please, i want to discuss the whacked storyline!

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
F.E.A.R. Demo was great, the graphics are great and the sound is near excellent. Now I must find me a copy of F.E.A.R. Might just dl it.

Nam - Bless piracy leniant laws and bless this game for being so triptastic.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Götterfunken said:
Scary games, um, scare me. I played doom 3 for like ten minutes before I quit. And I loved Half-Life 2, except Ravenholm squeed me. And so did parts of the prision, whatever it's called.

I was wondering if F.E.A.Rs worth the download/buying (piracy is bad! ;)).
played the marine missions of any AVP games?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Namlet said:
F.E.A.R. Demo was great, the graphics are great and the sound is near excellent. Now I must find me a copy of F.E.A.R. Might just dl it.

Nam - Bless piracy leniant laws and bless this game for being so triptastic.
I agree, it's a great game. Hence you should do the hard working creators justice and actually you know.. purchase the game. Be a good boy.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I agree, it's a great game. Hence you should do the hard working creators justice and actually you know.. purchase the game. Be a good boy.
Haha, got a retail copy off my friend.

Nam - Will play the game later, oh and how long have you been doing JKD?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Just played for two hours.. finally got out of that industrial shithole and into the Armacham corporate building. I remember a year ago when I first saw the 320MB Gamespot movie demo of infiltrating that building, and now I get to play it myself.. this is great.

Namlet: I've never done JKD before, I can't find a teacher here in Aus. :) I've done a bit of Wing Chun and some Hapkido too, that's about it.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
I have heard of this game... somewhere...

Is it worth getting?

I was just wondering, what are you killing? Are they humans, aliens, corpses, monsters, or what?

Coz I have a thing about not being able to play against some supernatural things - they really freak me out (like the flood in Halo).

I have absolutely no problem with gunning down other humans though, funnily enough...

Collin

HSC
N/A
pinkelephant said:
I have heard of this game... somewhere...

Is it worth getting?

I was just wondering, what are you killing? Are they humans, aliens, corpses, monsters, or what?

Coz I have a thing about not being able to play against some supernatural things - they really freak me out (like the flood in Halo).

I have absolutely no problem with gunning down other humans though, funnily enough...
Well this is lauded as one of the scariest First Person Shooters ever. The whole plot is based around supernatural themes. I have trouble refraining from wetting my pants when playing this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)