Fail the Trials (1 Viewer)

HSC
shit! band 6 in everything, I had a hard enough time pushing up 4/5 of my subjects 85+ i just can never seem to get english onto 80s :(

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
ur in the same pos as me
did bad in chem phys
around the same i think for maths
failed 3u (doesnt count)
eng approx 50ish i think (ranking wise i'll be fine tho)
and ancient history prolly be fine
what do i do
i need 85 for anu
issit all over?

hasterz

HSC
nekkid said:

eng adv - 92
4u maths - 90
3u maths - 97
bio - 97
phys - 91

i did english adv twice - in year 11 (accelerated (87 - exam 82, ass 90) and in year 12. as for my eng adv mark, i was saved by my ranking - my exam mark was 87. i had a bad habit of screwing up when it counted.
so ur assesment mark was 97 for engadv

damn u really screwed ur classmates =p

hasterz

HSC
oh and also with your UAI u only decided to do economics? you must be on scholarship right

s0k0y0e0

HSC
!! AAA !! said:
i haven't got my trial results back yet. but i predict that i failed in at least 2 subjects. what about u guys?
*edit*
i got some of my results back...shocking...just shocking... 66% for esl english(which is the highest mark out of our class -_-), 44% for both chem and physics, 88% for 2 u math and 39% for 3u math, yet to get my ipt result back....

I am not gonna give up...that's it, i am going to TRY MY BEST for HSC. but still..is it too late?....>.<..since my final assessment mark will be so low
I predict failing most my exams! Honestly; don't be worrying!

tempco

HSC
hasterz said:
so ur assesment mark was 97 for engadv

damn u really screwed ur classmates =p
haha, well it's their own fault for letting me beat them. :rolleyes:

as for scholarships, nope. i wanted to do econometrics.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
haha, well it's their own fault for letting me beat them. :rolleyes:

as for scholarships, nope. i wanted to do econometrics.
I see "nekkid" has gone.

What texts did you study for English?

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I see "nekkid" has gone.

What texts did you study for English?
heh, yep. didn't like the connotations. :rolleyes:

first time i did english:

aos (change) - my place
mod a (in the wild) - wordsworth/imaginary life
mod b - citizen kane
mod c (powerplay) - julius caeser <- awesome text.

second time:

aos (journeys) - huck finn <- screw bos for changing the aos. i hated the book too.
mod a - same
mod b - same
mod c (powerplay) - antony and cleo <- urgh... hated it.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
heh, yep. didn't like the connotations. :rolleyes:

first time i did english:

aos (change) - my place
mod a (in the wild) - wordsworth/imaginary life
mod b - citizen kane
mod c (powerplay) - julius caeser <- awesome text.

second time:

aos (journeys) - huck finn <- screw bos for changing the aos. i hated the book too.
mod a - same
mod b - same
mod c (powerplay) - antony and cleo <- urgh... hated it.
I do Transformations for Module A. It's my worst Module.

It's only a couple of classes that do A Simple Plan and The Pardoner's Tale. I hate it to death.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I do Transformations for Module A. It's my worst Module.

It's only a couple of classes that do A Simple Plan and The Pardoner's Tale. I hate it to death.
what text do you use for transformations? i would've loved to study Brave New World and Blade Runner (i think those were the text - not too sure). i'd pass on the emma/clueless duo though.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
what text do you use for transformations? i would've loved to study Brave New World and Blade Runner (i think those were the text - not too sure). i'd pass on the emma/clueless duo though.
The Pardoner's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer and A Simple Plan by Sam Raimi.

Me too, my English tutor said that BNW and Bladerunner are a lot of fun. My friends are doing Emma and Clueless while my class is stuck with a 14th Century text. :(

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
The Pardoner's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer and A Simple Plan by Sam Raimi.

Me too, my English tutor said that BNW and Bladerunner are a lot of fun. My friends are doing Emma and Clueless while my class is stuck with a 14th Century text. :(
oh right. heh, should've realised you were referring to Mod A in your previous post.

your friends as in out of school, or does your school use a variety of text for a single module?

guess i'm lucky - i only went back as far as the 18th century. Wordsworth's poems and An Imaginary Life weren't too bad either.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
oh right. heh, should've realised you were referring to Mod A in your previous post.

your friends as in out of school, or does your school use a variety of text for a single module?

guess i'm lucky - i only went back as far as the 18th century. Wordsworth's poems and An Imaginary Life weren't too bad either.
Both. We have 5 English classes, I think. Our class and another one do the "unusual" texts such as In the Skin of a Lion and The Pardoner's Tale.

We couldn't understand Chaucer at all. It was a totally different language. You're lucky indeed, wanna swap UAIs?

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Both. We have 5 English classes, I think. Our class and another one do the "unusual" texts such as In the Skin of a Lion and The Pardoner's Tale.

We couldn't understand Chaucer at all. It was a totally different language. You're lucky indeed, wanna swap UAIs?
ah. must've been quite a few year 12s then. my grade had ~40 in total.

haha, yeh sure, you could have a few of my extra UAI points. i mean, i only needed ~93 for B Eco. :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
ah. must've been quite a few year 12s then. my grade had ~40 in total.

haha, yeh sure, you could have a few of my extra UAI points. i mean, i only needed ~93 for B Eco. :p
Lol, did you feel an urge to pick a course with a higher UAI cut-off just because yours was so high?

I need 96 (rounding off from 95.5) but I'm aiming for 99+ just in case I change my mind. Not that it's any different working towards a 99 or 96.

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Lol, did you feel an urge to pick a course with a higher UAI cut-off just because yours was so high?

I need 96 (rounding off from 95.5) but I'm aiming for 99+ just in case I change my mind. Not that it's any different working towards a 99 or 96.
heh, not really. my friends were totally shocked at the fact that i didn't choose a course with a higher uai - WHY ECO!? was quite a common question. :rolleyes:

i kinda slapped myself for not doing better though... could've done so much better if i didn't play around so much in year 12. ironically, year 12 was the best year of my high school life. :D

you should be able to get 95. i mean, you seem like a hard worker (read: you don't only post in NS :p).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tempco said:
heh, not really. my friends were totally shocked at the fact that i didn't choose a course with a higher uai - WHY ECO!? was quite a common question. :rolleyes:

i kinda slapped myself for not doing better though... could've done so much better if i didn't play around so much in year 12. ironically, year 12 was the best year of my high school life. :D

you should be able to get 95. i mean, you seem like a hard worker (read: you don't only post in NS :p).
Not doing better? What, were you disappointed that you didn't get 100? :p

Yeah, I'm still a major bludger in year 12. I could have so topped chemistry if I worked a little harder (or if I didn't misread one lousy one-word-answer question :(). I'd post in NS all the time if it interested me. :rolleyes:

tempco

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Not doing better? What, were you disappointed that you didn't get 100? :p

Yeah, I'm still a major bludger in year 12. I could have so topped chemistry if I worked a little harder (or if I didn't misread one lousy one-word-answer question :(). I'd post in NS all the time if it interested me. :rolleyes:
wouldn't mind getting 99.8, coz i would've earned myself a hefty sum of $5000 (school scholarship). :(

stick to L&R... many a noob are in need of your guidance.

HSC
N/A
lol i so failed math n badly 2 i'd be so suprised if i got ova 12% oh well i guess itz only da trials im just gonna try real hard 4 da hsc but i think i did ok in everything else i hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)