Fail Trials = Fail HSC? (1 Viewer)

habibi213

HSC
My Trials are coming up soon, and I've planned a lot of study to be completed until then (a crapton of maths past papers hopefully). I also plan to do really well (80+ raw for all subjects)

But if that doesn't happen and I do happen to fail my Trials (for me, a fail may be less than 60%), will this significantly jeopardise my final ATAR? Can the HSC exams single-handedly decide my ATAR? I'm aiming for a 90+, and as far as things go, I've been doing ok throughout the year.

Also, do you guys know any stories of people that have failed their school assessments but completely beasted the HSC exams and gotten above 90?

Thanks
Cheers =D

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
"Fail Trials = Fail HSC"

Yes 100% true equation. gg OP

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stop overthinking, stop hypothesising and stop hoping miracles occur-they are exceptions, NOT the rule, the best thing you can do is to start studying and maintain your study habits (just on a side note, it is not the more maths papers you do, the better your marks are-you need to understand the patterns behind the maths questions, not define your knowledge by the amount of maths questions you do)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Stop overthinking, stop hypothesising and stop hoping miracles occur-they are exceptions, NOT the rule, the best thing you can do is to start studying and maintain your study habits (just on a side note, it is not the more maths papers you do, the better your marks are-you need to understand the patterns behind the maths questions, not define your knowledge by the amount of maths questions you do)
imo; i wouldn't waste my time answering these questions. there have been hundreds (roughly) of threads before this asking the same/similar questions. if op wasn't lazy......

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
My Trials are coming up soon, and I've planned a lot of study to be completed until then (a crapton of maths past papers hopefully). I also plan to do really well (80+ raw for all subjects)

But if that doesn't happen and I do happen to fail my Trials (for me, a fail may be less than 60%), will this significantly jeopardise my final ATAR? Can the HSC exams single-handedly decide my ATAR? I'm aiming for a 90+, and as far as things go, I've been doing ok throughout the year.

Also, do you guys know any stories of people that have failed their school assessments but completely beasted the HSC exams and gotten above 90?

Thanks
Cheers =D
sure thing "habibi213"

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks
Cheers =D
Not sure if srs

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
remember your ATAR is determined by your internal AND external assessments!! If you screw up trials, its not over, because you still have the actual HSC exams to crush :)

waterlml

HSC
NO you still have other internal assessments which you have done and the hsc, but i think sometimes it's good to give yourself some pressures, so tell yourself YES if you don't do well you will fail

enoilgam

HSC
Mathematically speaking, it is possible to do well after doing poorly throughout your internal assessments. However, practically speaking, it is pretty rare. Consistency is key when it comes to the HSC - most students who do well perform strongly throughout the year. If you have been doing nothing for the whole year, then it is very unlikely that you will suddenly and miraculously turn things around for the externals. Fist of all, old habits die hard and it is going to be hard to break out of poor study habits in a few weeks. This is compounded by the fact that a person in this position will have huge gaps in their knowledge, which is going to require more work to fix. So a person in this position will have to break out of their poor habits and suddenly begin studying extremely hard in order to stage a comeback. I'm not saying that it is impossible, it's just very unlikely - every year we have people asking this question saying "I screwed my internals, but I'm going to work my ass off now", but few actually do it.

All that being said, I agree with Strawberrye - all you can do know is stop worrying and try your best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)