failed advanced (1 Viewer)

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Got ducked by the adv AT1, weighting 25% it was a pecha kucha/ted talk bs and only got 18/30 which becomes a 15/25, ranked really low. I'm only hoping for a b5 for adv if I'm lucky, was 6th or some shit in prelim (but have started to fail since then) and about 7-8 people get b6 for adv but that was for the old syllabus (with a lot more people in advanced). Can I improve? Can I still get a 95+ atar?

Last edited:

Opengangs

HSC
Hey dumbfuck.

Yes, you can. It's only the first assessment; you still have 75% of your internal to do so anything can happen! What you need to do from now is to reflect on the preparation of your assessment that you've just done. Do you think you've done enough to prepare? Where do you think you could've improved? How could you prepare better for the next assessment?

Keep your head up and keep improving; you never know, a shift in your mindset can change your performance quite dramatically! Good luck with your future assessments! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Something similar happened to me, and other people I know and still came out with a band 5+ in the end. HSC marks for subjects are weighted as "50% being comprised of your performance in the external HSC exams, and 50% come forming internals (school). You also have 75% of your weighting left for internals, so try and learn and improve for the next assessment.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Something similar happened to me, and other people I know and still came out with a band 5+ in the end. HSC marks for subjects are weighted as "50% being comprised of your performance in the external HSC exams, and 50% come forming internals (school). You also have 75% of your weighting left for internals, so try and learn and improve for the next assessment.
Hey dumbfuck.

Yes, you can. It's only the first assessment; you still have 75% of your internal to do so anything can happen! What you need to do from now is to reflect on the preparation of your assessment that you've just done. Do you think you've done enough to prepare? Where do you think you could've improved? How could you prepare better for the next assessment?

Keep your head up and keep improving; you never know, a shift in your mindset can change your performance quite dramatically! Good luck with your future assessments! :)

Yeah nah didn't work, ranked first for AT2, AT3 and trials (im pretty sure) all written exams and still couldn't catch up in marks with first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)