Failed half yearly exams worth 50%, is my atar doomed???? (1 Viewer)

hotterflot

HSC
HI EVERYONE

I just had my half yearly exams, and these are my percentages:

Adv Eng: 75%
2 Unit SOR: 70%
Business: 48%
Multimedia: 85%
Cafs: 61%

I ONLY DO 10 UNITS!

As for ranks, Im not doing too well. Not quite sure.

I did pretty bad and Im so worried I wont be able to make up for it. I really want to achieve a 75% atar (at least) to get into Macquarie Uni. Is this still possible? What do I need to do?

Thanks so much guys.

Last edited:

xGhanem

HSC
How much do these exams weigh?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Try not to fail business, always write bs wherever you can, as hinted by the first and last letters of the subject.
You are not doomed. 75 is achievable if ya get up your business mark and do better in ur next exams. Weighting is probs low atm so dw u'r fine

hotterflot

HSC
Oh no my HSC is this year! Made a mistake when registering -.-

Im in year 12. And for the weightings, they were all 10, 15, or 20%.

hotterflot

HSC
Try not to fail business, always write bs wherever you can, as hinted by the first and last letters of the subject.
You are not doomed. 75 is achievable if ya get up your business mark and do better in ur next exams. Weighting is probs low atm so dw u'r fine
HAHAHAHA it is bs -.- Thanks so much! Weighting for that was like 15% or 20%. I didnt study AT ALL so I pretty much deserved that mark! I just need reassurance that I can boost up my atar and that I havent stuffed it all up :)

buriza

conviction
HSC
Well, apart from Business Studies you did not do too bad and there is still a fair amount to go (should be the third assessment session, trials and then HSC examinations). I believe it is definitely still possible for you to achieve 75 ATAR. Just try not to linger on these marks too much and instead focus on what you can improve from them. Do not think your ATAR is doomed at any stage because this can be potentially detrimental to your mindset and subsequently your mark. Keep on being resilient. :)

hotterflot

HSC
Cant thank you enough. Putting it in perspective, I didnt do too bad at all for only studying English! Reading all these messages are so uplifting; Ive been really down on myself lately thinking that Ive failed and should just drop out. Now I have so much motivation to work hard and boost up my ranks. Im honestly a pretty intelligent student and know Im capable of being in the top 10 of the year. Just gotta prove it!

buriza

conviction
HSC
Cant thank you enough. Putting it in perspective, I didnt do too bad at all for only studying English! Reading all these messages are so uplifting; Ive been really down on myself lately thinking that Ive failed and should just drop out. Now I have so much motivation to work hard and boost up my ranks. Im honestly a pretty intelligent student and know Im capable of being in the top 10 of the year. Just gotta prove it!
I congratulate you on such a good mindset! :) I know during my own senior year I became a little disillusioned and doubted whether or not hard work would be rewarded, but in the end all you can do try and see. It is better than the alternative after all, which is just giving up. I believe you are very capable as well and like you said, you only did study for English so if you study for your other subjects for future examinations, your marks will be likely to improve. Do not be too down on yourself, because there are always other opportunities to improve.

hotterflot

HSC
I congratulate you on such a good mindset! :) I know during my own senior year I became a little disillusioned and doubted whether or not hard work would be rewarded, but in the end all you can do try and see. It is better than the alternative after all, which is just giving up. I believe you are very capable as well and like you said, you only did study for English so if you study for your other subjects for future examinations, your marks will be likely to improve. Do not be too down on yourself, because there are always other opportunities to improve.
Thanks so so much for the encouragement! I've only now come to the realisation that everyone goes through a rollercoaster of emotions in Year 12, not just myself. Im going to push myself so much harder, and get the marks I desperately want! No point being upset and feeling worthless because now I know I still have quite a few chances to improve :)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so so much for the encouragement! I've only now come to the realisation that everyone goes through a rollercoaster of emotions in Year 12, not just myself. Im going to push myself so much harder, and get the marks I desperately want! No point being upset and feeling worthless because now I know I still have quite a few chances to improve :)
That's the spirit, good luck!! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Goodluck Hotterflot

There is still time to really improve on studying/work ethic and thus your HSC mark

tatjanag

HSC
Shouldn't be too bad, you can always do extra curriculum on the side to help boost your ATAR maybe find a job that you're looking to go into uni for?

As for your cafs congrats i'm struggling with mine now!! -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)