Failed Subject first time.. PC the second. OPtions? (1 Viewer)

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Kim Boon the UC in accg1b is the worst lecturer ever, she really wants to fail people for gods sake, she always seems to have the biggest grudge with everyone.

One week i asked her if i could get the previous weeks lecture notes because i had to stay in at work and she told me that she'll believe my crap if i got my partner to personally talk to her about it.

she can go fuck off, as if a partner would want to bloody talk to her.

And also she scaled my accg1b mark from 77 D last week to 55 P, and she's done that to everyone i know doing this subject

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
bukwow said:
And also she scaled my accg1b mark from 77 D last week to 55 P, and she's done that to everyone i know doing this subject
FYI, She'd likely have to answer to the academic senate if that were the case.

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
FYI, She'd likely have to answer to the academic senate if that were the case.
I think he's referring to the difference between results.mq.edu.au site released a week before our final results.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Monstar said:
Yeah i went to see Bill Blair.. He gave me some sound advice, and i will be enrolling in 1b again.....
That's probably the best option. I remember reading that CPA Australia has set limits regarding PC's. It was a max of 2 in a degree I think, and it's probably not allowed at all for core units.

Really sorry to hear about what happened with the scaling for accg101, coz I remember before your lecturer scaled the marks down, you passed :( Hope it all goes well man.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I think he's referring to the difference between results.mq.edu.au site released a week before our final results.
Ah. Well that's a whole other can of worms I'll not get into

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
Ah. Well that's a whole other can of worms I'll not get into
But you can see why universities become so bureaucratic and horrible... Students go around saying things 'they scaled my mark' - when they have nfi what the results on results.mq actually were.

It's like they expect everything to run in their favour and for them. Eg every time I talk with people who mark essays, they mention that students are always so quick to look at one critical sentence in the feedback out of the whole page of otherwise positive things. It gets a bit annoying for all in charge, I reckon.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
You're spot on. There's so much hidden, not because it's 'bad' or wrong, but just because people don't like negative outcomes, even if they're evenly distributed and unbiased and otherwise 'fair'. Easier to just shut up rather than publish stuff, even if it's 100% valid and entirely defendable.

Of course, when things go wrong, the lack of transparency causes major problems... Had personal experience with that!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Skimmed this thread, Pwar was right. I may be reiterating what has already been established, however, without a P you cannot graduate with Accg. Reason: ACCG310 (core) and ACCG323 (core) both require a minimum P in ACCG1B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)